• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#61 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:16 PM

Gotcha...have to be an amateur before I know how hard to hit the club. Makes sense.

You don't get a distance to the flag info? Must be a bug - I'll look into it.  :P

I think we plan on allowing people to fly to their target using the f3 key in all modes but we won't allow aiming in this view at the harder levels. We haven't coded it yet but this is the way it's planned to work so that people can play new courses and see where they are going more easily without having the ability to actually aim within an inch of the hole too easily.

• Tigers Agent and Charles like this

#62 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:51 PM

You don't get a distance to the flag info? Must be a bug - I'll look into it. :P

I think we plan on allowing people to fly to their target using the f3 key in all modes but we won't allow aiming in this view at the harder levels. We haven't coded it yet but this is the way it's planned to work so that people can play new courses and see where they are going more easily without having the ability to actually aim within an inch of the hole too easily.

I like this idea. I like it better for Pro levels. For Tour Pro levels I'd like to see the ability to plot distances on the overhead map but aiming only being allowed in the main screen with no forward preview at all. More like what we have to do on the course IRL.
  • Dazmaniac likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#63 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:40 PM

In game leader board not showing current standings during Par 3 Challenge matches.

Also all empty in game player slots show as TEST

#64 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:14 PM

In game leader board not showing current standings during Par 3 Challenge matches.

Also all empty in game player slots show as TEST

You have Par 3 Challenge matches?  If I click on Tournament there is nothing there.   :huh:

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#65 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:46 PM

You have Par 3 Challenge matches?  If I click on Tournament there is nothing there.   :huh:

Joe,

Under the SOLO menu, then scroll through the modes of play. I think we only tested the TOURNAMENT element during the private testing to make sure the Challenge mode was working.

;)

• JoeF likes this

#66 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:49 PM

I'm sure this is a shot we've all encountered in real life rounds - the sculled bunker shot. Nice one PP

If only we could then recover the situation so easily

Daren't say how mulligans it took to get this one nailed, lol.

:D

Kudos PP. Game coming along just fine.

• JoeF, LeazesNDR and Charles like this

#67 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:26 AM

Just to add I hosted a Par 3 Challenge last night, just 2 players at Chicago Oaks, but ran as smooth as the 3C meter with PRoS enabled.

Only downside was if you clicked the leader board after each hole it didn't give the current game standings, so you had no idea who was winning.

#68 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:07 PM

Just to add I hosted a Par 3 Challenge last night, just 2 players at Chicago Oaks, but ran as smooth as the 3C meter with PRoS enabled.

Only downside was if you clicked the leader board after each hole it didn't give the current game standings, so you had no idea who was winning.

Yeah interesting that none of our beta testers picked up on this not working... :)

#69 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:16 PM

Yeah interesting that none of our beta testers picked up on this not working... :)

Geeze, I didn't even find the Par 3 Competitions until Daz directed me to their location, yesterday.   :D

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#70 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:20 PM

Weird, cause I remember this working, but I can confirm, it's not showing the score after a hole and all the other slots just say test.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#71 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:23 PM

When we privately tested it in Tournament mode, the leader boards were being populated. Now it is just added as an extra mode of play, the leader board seems to be misfiring until the round has been completed and then the totals are shown (albeit with TEST players in the empty slots).

#72 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:43 PM

Well it was so obvious, thought everyone knew about it. :D

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#73 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:15 AM

After trying out the new course, and the new swing adjustments, I'd have to say, "Keep trying". We're only going into year 3 of the early release. We have to be generous. :o

But when are we going to get some ai oppenents, some crowds, some excitement?  That and a lot more game physics that work for the player. Or at least make the player feel like they are in control.

I have been following this game for a long time, so I don't need any comments in that direction.  I just don't understand why, after all of this time, this is as far as we've come

A lot of people are going to hate this post, and I'm sorry.

PS: I'm felling very emotional tonight...it might be a reaction to my last round.

Keep trying guys

#74 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:38 AM

Some of my friends i play with have their grid on permanently and some don’t so could we all have the opportunity to keep it on.  Could you please get it to also  cover the whole green within 4 yards of the green, as the pros can walk over to the green and see how the land lies we don’t get that chance yet. I know it’s an old issue but we still keep complaining about it when we are chipping, & on the long putts the grid ends before the hole.  Great game.

• worrybirdie likes this

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#75 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:46 AM

After trying out the new course, and the new swing adjustments, I'd have to say, "Keep trying". We're only going into year 3 of the early release. We have to be generous. :o
But when are we going to get some ai oppenents, some crowds, some excitement?  That and a lot more game physics that work for the player. Or at least make the player feel like they are in control.
I have been following this game for a long time, so I don't need any comments in that direction.  I just don't understand why, after all of this time, this is as far as we've come
A lot of people are going to hate this post, and I'm sorry.
PS: I'm felling very emotional tonight...it might be a reaction to my last round.
Keep trying guys

I don't think there is any need for sarcasm. I'm sure the Devs are doing all they can within their manpower restraints.
As far as I'm concerned the game is almost all I need in a video golf game. I'm not one for tour atmosphere and AI opponents otherwise I would have bought RM golf. As long as the game looks and plays great that's all that I'm after. Sure, there are a few tweaks needed here and there but most of the basics are looking pretty solid in my opinion.
  • RobV, Greensboronclion and jimbob59 like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#76 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:40 AM

As far as I'm concerned the game is almost all I need in a video golf game. I'm not one for tour atmosphere and AI opponents otherwise I would have bought RM golf. As long as the game looks and plays great that's all that I'm after. Sure, there are a few tweaks needed here and there but most of the basics are looking pretty solid in my opinion.

Totally agree Knighters.    Basics and gameplay  are nearly there.   I tend to only play in the lobby with friends ( on skype) and others.  Great atmosphere and the banter and comments are  better than any commentary.   Range of MOPS already excellent.  Yes a few bugs ( that the Devs will fix) but hey its the same for everyone playing together so an even playing field.. 

Best £15 Ive probably ever spent  and the value will only increase

Jim

#77 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:49 AM

70 % of the players are offline players (read that on operationsports). So the main customer base wants some game mode offline, that keeps them interested. It would be a mistake imho to leave any sort of offline tournaments/career mode off.

PGA 2000 was a game, that covered this aspect wonderfully. Why shouldn't it be possible to implement such a "PGA Mode" into PG without too much development time. I mean it's 15 years since PGA 2000 hit the stores.

• Ansley likes this

#78 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:03 PM

This forum is too protective of the devs.  These guys are big boys, they can surely handle some criticism.  And if they are how I think they are then it only pushes them to make the game better and better.

I think we have a great product already and I'm excited about what the future holds but I still firmly believe that the next few releases need to include some rather substantial upgrades or people will begin losing interest.  It took too long (IMHO) for this last release and it didn't really do much to improve the game - in fact the changes to cup physics seemed to do more harm than good.  This was a minor issue prior to the latest release and it now seems to be one of the bigger issues affecting gameplay.  I'm not sure how that made it through beta testing.

I just ask that people keep an open mind when someone posts constructive feedback.  This forum is WAY too quick to jump all over them when all they are trying to do is help push the game forward.  If people are posting here then there's a good chance they are a fan of the game (there are exceptions of course) so let's just remember that we're all on the same team here.

• Tigers Agent and worrybirdie like this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#79 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:23 PM

...so let's just remember that we're all on the same team here.

So true!

I'm tapped out until the new avatar swing/integration comes along.  I actually just watched the 9 hole video they posted to TwitBook universe and it dawned on me how odd and cryptically non golf like the game looks/feels with the current meter.  I know that was just the meter speed settings in use to some extent, but just doesn't look/feel like a real golf swing yet (for a MS user that is)....excited for when it really is by feel with no meter whatsoever and just the avatar moves.

#80 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:34 PM

I'm looking forward to the avatar swing, too (though it'll probably be a while before we see it).  Things seem to be moving at a glacial pace.  Not a criticism.  It just is what it is.  ;)

• worrybirdie likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users