#161 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:05 PM

I believe the only reason to play video golf is to compete and without competition there really is no need to have the game. This is why all real gamers will tell you gameplay is without a doubt more important than how a game looks.

Not necessarily true.  I think I'm about 50/50.  I enjoy playing solo as much as engaging in online competition.  I also tend to enjoy offline career modes equally as much (if they are any good).

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#162 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:14 PM

Not necessarily true.  I think I'm about 50/50.  I enjoy playing solo as much as engaging in online competition.  I also tend to enjoy offline career modes equally as much (if they are any good).

Offline career mode is a form of competing and in this game would be very good due to the degree of difficulty. In any of the EA golf games it is very bad due to ease of the game. Again for the hardcore gamer its all about the gameplay and the gameplay is here.

#163 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:15 PM

I believe the only reason to play video golf is to compete and without competition there really is no need to have the game. This is why all real gamers will tell you gameplay is without a doubt more important than how a game looks.

Agree in regard to gameplay. Competition? not so much. I do occasionally play tournaments but not real high on my priority list. Would much rather play a solo round or have a relaxing round with a buddy. ;) I think it may be an age thing. :D

• Richard and mebby like this

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#164 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:41 PM

That statement is in error. I have absolutely no desire to compete, and I get great enjoyment from playing video golf.  ;)

• Sinewiz, Richard, ed dawson and 3 others like this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#165 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:36 PM

Reflective water is just like putting reflective glass in windows,

whichever part of the course is reflected/mirrored would add

to the FPS. Someone correct me if I'm wrong,I often am.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#166 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:22 PM

I think all are misunderstanding what I am saying.  If you play against your Buddy or play against a CPU opponent you are competing and even if you are not playing tournaments when you play this game you are in some way competing.  My point is gameplay is when you play you are challenged not when you play a video golf game and -20 each round is the norm.  Sorry but you don't buy this game or any game just to look at you buy it to play and when you play you are competing and you don't have to be in an event for that to occur.  The fact that a lot of us like to play tournaments is no different than you playing your best friend in an 18 hole skins match and that is where this game shines.

#167 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:09 AM

I think all are misunderstanding what I am saying.  If you play against your Buddy or play against a CPU opponent you are competing and even if you are not playing tournaments when you play this game you are in some way competing.  My point is gameplay is when you play you are challenged not when you play a video golf game and -20 each round is the norm.  Sorry but you don't buy this game or any game just to look at you buy it to play and when you play you are competing and you don't have to be in an event for that to occur.  The fact that a lot of us like to play tournaments is no different than you playing your best friend in an 18 hole skins match and that is where this game shines.

Golf is one of the few games that got can play over and over again as an individual sport and not get bored. The course is your competitor.
  • JoeF, LeazesNDR and Keith like this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#168 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:22 AM

I'm afraid you are wrong again in my case.

I play online with my brother and mate, but I just enjoy whacking the ball around the course while I enjoy the scenery and chat to them on Skype. It's just a social thing for me. If I break par I'm happy, and if I don't I'm still usually happy! I've just this minute finished a round with my brother on TGC and just said "well done" as I was leaving Skype and then added ".......if you won!" because I honestly didn't know if he had. He said he had, by one shot, but I really DO NOT CARE these days.  ;)

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#169 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:05 AM

Acrillix I applaud you for that but I am sorry you are not the norm.  human nature is to compete and at 59 years of age I played real golf this morning and trust me we competed and yes we always play for a small amount of cash to keep it interesting. 

#170 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:26 AM

Acrillix I applaud you for that but I am sorry you are not the norm. human nature is to compete and at 59 years of age I played real golf this morning and trust me we competed and yes we always play for a small amount of cash to keep it interesting.

Can't we all just play how we like?

It doesn't matter if we are always competing or not does it?

#171 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:35 AM

Greensboronclion - I think you are broadly over-generalizing by assuming that the way YOU enjoy playing the game must be the way everyone else enjoys playing the game.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#172 MetaWhirledPeas

MetaWhirledPeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:44 AM

Greensboronclion - I think you are broadly over-generalizing by assuming that the way YOU enjoy playing the game must be the way everyone else enjoys playing the game.

I think his point was that the game should be challenging. Not auto-win.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#173 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:47 AM

[quote name="MetaWhirledPeas" post="49697" timestamp="1439606645"]I think his point was that the game should be challenging. Not auto-win.[/quote

Thank you Meta as that is exactly what I mean.

#174 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:51 AM

I think his point was that the game should be challenging. Not auto-win.

Thank you Meta as that is exactly what I mean.

Yeah but you also started mixing in "I don't buy a game to just look at it".

That's where you might be missing that some of us value the appearance a lot also, especially with a golf game.

It's all important. Great gameplay with poorer visuals sucks just as much as the opposite (for me at least)

#175 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:52 AM

I need a beer

• Greensboronclion likes this

#176 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:12 AM

Yeah but you also started mixing in "I don't buy a game to just look at it".
That's where you might be missing that some of us value the appearance a lot also, especially with a golf game.
It's all important. Great gameplay with poorer visuals sucks just as much as the opposite (for me at least)

I give up as I would be better off beating my head against the wall. Buck you said great gameplay with poorer visuals sucks is outrageous as to insinuate that this games visuals suck is ridiculous. I am going to join RobV and have a beer.

#177 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:14 AM

I give up as I would be better off beating my head against the wall. Buck you said great gameplay with poorer visuals sucks is outrageous as to insinuate that this games visuals suck is ridiculous. I am going to join RobV and have a beer.

Please don't assume you are correct on any insinuations.

Did you read what I wrote before getting upset?

I want great gameplay AND top notch visuals. PG is on a great track.

This only got started when you were telling us how "human nature dictates we must be competing".

lol. It's a game. We are all equally valid if we enjoy it how we please.

#178 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:23 AM

Who is upset not me I am lmao. I didn't write what you said you did.

#179 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:24 AM

Who is upset not me I am lmao. I didn't write what you said you did.

You didn't write what I said I did?

Huh?

#180 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:26 AM

That's what I said.

Huh?