70 replies to this topic

#1 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

I just watched the Q&A on twitch. It started late, few watchers (the system showed me 5 at the most), constant loss of chat connection, long periods of awkward silence from the guys in the picture waiting for questions.

Still, I'd say it was a great success and, despite my misgivings, actually a very suitable format for further interaction. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to more of this. I'd like to thank the guys who put this up for being there and for selecting a time of day accessible to us from Europe. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#2 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

I also was there and liked the format.  :)   I saw 13 at the most at one time on the site. :(

Looking forward to more in the future.

I have lots of questions but most will be answered when a Beta is released so will not bother you with them now.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#3 mjhamilton113

mjhamilton113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLincoln, RI

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

For us Americans it's hard because it's the middle of the work day. Would've loved to be able to chat :(

#4 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

I tried to watch on my cellphone bcs I ended up in the emergency room with my daughter and her twisted foot ( dont worry Jerry .... it was ok ... nothing broken :)  ... )

I didnt get conntected at all , so I have to watch once it is  uploaded to Youtube

#5 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

We're planning to make this a regular thing, probably bi-weekly to start.

Any feedback is welcome, I'm aware there was a couple technical errors. Broadcasting is a hobby of mine, and this was something we just put together last minute because I've been harping for awhile that we need to be more active in the community, so we just said let's do it, and I set it up.

For the schedule, we're probably going to switch up the live time so that we can cater to both American and European users.

It'll be up on Youtube/Vimeo later in the day, for anyone interested.

• remers and karma4u like this

#6 golfcart03

golfcart03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationDesert Southwest, USA

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hi:

I watched the broadcast this morning also and thought that the sound could have been a bit louder as I set the broadcast's sound  and my computer's sound card both on high and still had some problems hearing the broadcast.

I agree with Jerry!!  Alot of the questions that I have will most likely be answered when the beta is released.

Also, for the videos that were presented during the broadcast, the game looks really good and I can't wait to test this new game.

Make it a super day.

golfcart03

#7 golfcart03

golfcart03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationDesert Southwest, USA

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

I don't have Facebook, Youtube or any other social media so it would be appreciated if you could post the schedule of this site also.

Thanks and make it a super day.

golfcart03

#8 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

Glad to hear it went ahead. albeit with a few niggles.

Was still at work here in UK, so unable to join in (but will try and catch the YouTube/Vimeo clip when its uploaded).

On a side note, I saw a comment from PP on the Steam Greenlight saying that support is at 90% and rising, so hopefully with a further push we will see Perfect Golf given the thumbs up on Steam and then you are really talking about an audience to target.

Facebook account also over 10,000 likes so folks are keeping tabs on the project, lets just hope PP can keep their interest and begin to deliver something to keep them keen.

;)

#9 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:31 PM

I was pretty impressed actually, especially with the quality of the video stream and there was absolutely no pain in accessing it. Twitch have done it well.

A single drop video drop out for about 3 seconds, no loss of sound or chat connection ever. 

Only thing I'd suggest is having a large screen close by that both of you can easily see the chat rather than having it relayed. 

#10 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

• Perculator, miziuno007 and Tannhauser like this

#11 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

I was pretty impressed actually, especially with the quality of the video stream and there was absolutely no pain in accessing it. Twitch have done it well.

A single drop video drop out for about 3 seconds, no loss of sound or chat connection ever. 

Only thing I'd suggest is having a large screen close by that both of you can easily see the chat rather than having it relayed. 

We had that actually, the relay is so that people who watch the video later know what the questions were. Since they don't see the chat.

#12 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

Very cool..thanks for doing this fellas.  Looks like things are progressing and this is close to becoming a reality.

#13 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

Wow!!! Sensational idea to do this.. I was most impressed at what I saw and appreciated the chance to get to know you guy's on a more personal level.... Thanks.. :D

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#14 mjhamilton113

mjhamilton113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLincoln, RI

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:52 AM

Wow this video takes us closer and closer to reality. Thanks fellas. Can't wait to see more improvements

#15 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

We're planning to make this a regular thing, probably bi-weekly to start.

Any feedback is welcome...

Careful now, Volker. This sort of thing is very tough to schedule and even harder to keep up - you guys might soon feel that there is not enough new stuff that justifies a public grill party every second week. Jerry said it very well earlier: Most questions will answer themselves once the game is out. 

If I may suggest, I'd like to see much more of the game during the Q&A's. Perhaps pre-record a dozen hole flybys and loop them, just to show some golfy stuff. Cuz that's the good stuff, that's why we're here. That will make life easier for the guys in front of the live camera as well. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#16 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

We can get questions answered on the forum. The podcasts I hope are more about getting the name out there and building community around this game. I spend 10 hours a week on golf forums, another 70 developing in the industry and I hadn't heard of PP until I searched to see if Mike Jones went on to bigger and better things after remembering his courses.

I think the first one was a perfect start with phones ringing and the unhappy guy who made his thoughts known. 

#17 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

Thanks, guys. I enjoyed hearing you speak of the game and it's development. Look forward to the future podcasts.

On a technical note - speaking as an audio engineer - Volker needs a mic too. :) 

• Davefevs likes this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#18 BladeUK

BladeUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

As you never know how many will log and therefore are able to 'chat', rather than just watch.... next time bring some cue cards or printed emails and such like so if no one asks a question instead of waiting you can just pick up a peice of paper, read the question and carry on, bypassing any awkward silence. You can also use the 'cards' as memory joggers so you don't forget to impart all you want to and not realise after the broadcast that you didn't say something. Nice video though. Well done.

Dave.

#19 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

One thing, on the first of Volkers tee shots, the ball rolls back quite a long way, in the grass, maybe some more tweaking there? Or if these comments should be saved for later? No problem..

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#20 mbidney

mbidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

Where can I view a full screen version of this Q&A?

TIA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users