It's up on Vimeo. I think right clicking the video gives you that option,

Dave.

#22 Chaz1957

Chaz1957

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

The 1 thing that I noticed in the video that seems a little backwards is that ,when the clubs were selected,the driver was at the bottom of the list ...It would be better IMO    start with driver at the top  and then go down with 3w,5w    ect till the bottom would be the putter..

#23 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

The 1 thing that I noticed in the video that seems a little backwards is that ,when the clubs were selected,the driver was at the bottom of the list ...It would be better IMO    start with driver at the top  and then go down with 3w,5w    ect till the bottom would be the putter..

Agreed, also maybe just a golf bag with the clubs in it then just clik on the club you want, instead of a huge list of clubs that take up space? Oh, shoot there I go again...

I will say this though, I was so glad NOT to see a bar across the top of the screen therefore letting us have a truly Full Screen Experience...

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#24 TheBigYin519

TheBigYin519

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada via Scotland

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

A good "first chat". Sound was a liitle bit off for the "questions" but otherwise a good way to communicate with lots of potential customers & let us know some of your thoughts.

The 'game' looks great & it was nice to see I'm not the only one who can screw up his drives.

Keep up the good work guys. :D

Win  10 64bit

#25 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

Where can I view a full screen version of this Q&A?

TIA

Right clicking didnt work for me ... but I use Google Crome and I set the browser to 300 % and I go ta big enough and clear picture ... if you go 400 or 500 I think you get close to the full screen 

Great BC by the way ... I soon post a question in the PG forum

#26 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

Good to see this guys... although it felt a little awkward for you..lol.

Hoping you can get Volk a microphone next time.. I wasn't able to hear the Q, so had to guess what answers you were giving and basically listen..

"Lost in the early morning fairways....." summed it up for me... loved that comment Mike..

#27 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

Fullscreen link

I found sometimes the HD option doesn't appear but logging into Vimeo seems to fix that somewhat. Could be a Chrome thing.

I swear the live stream was even better quality than the HD one though.

#28 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

Good to see this guys... although it felt a little awkward for you..lol.

Hoping you can get Volk a microphone next time.. I wasn't able to hear the Q, so had to guess what answers you were giving and basically listen..

"Lost in the early morning fairways....." summed it up for me... loved that comment Mike..

It was a good watch. Curious to know what PC it was running on as some of the dynamic camera switches were a little bit jerky and not very smooth in transition. I know it's early days but will give us some idea of spec required.

At the beginning Mike and John looked like 2 guys waiting to go in to an interview, lol.

Nice to see some actual moving imagery. I'm sure when the guys have had a bit more practice, these sessions will have the awkward moments ironed out.

:D

#29 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:07 AM

WELL DONE, I believe that the community really want to see the folks that are developing the game. Thank you for this, keep up the great work. This is the way that you will keep people involved. I love it. Thanks again.

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#30 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

Didn't get to watch this live, but this is a great way to connect with the community and I am looking forward to future broadcasts. :) 

The most negative thing for me is the ground physics, which still looks way off to me, with the ball rolling through the rough like a marble on linoleum. Definitely needs some 'bumpy' subroutine added for different textures (even subtle bumps for fairway), and IMO the ball should come to a stop much quicker on some of the textures than it does at present.

The inconsistency of the tree movement (which was mentioned in the broadcast) was the other thing that really caught my eye. I seem to remember when I looked at tree creating many months ago on Unity that this is something that the designer sets. If this is the case then it is going to be very difficult sharing custom plants with others. I could be wrong here though, as I have very little memory of what I was doing back then.

I also really hope that a BLI type aiming pole method will soon be added as coloured grids kill the immersion for me.

Looking nice though, and thanks for giving us a more personal look into the world of PP!!

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#31 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

The most negative thing for me is the ground physics, which still looks way off to me, with the ball rolling through the rough like a marble on linoleum. Definitely needs some 'bumpy' subroutine added for different textures 

I agree. Rough should wreak havoc on the trajectory and run speed of a golf ball and rough it up properly. Ya gotta make them fizzix a bit fuzzier and randomized in the deep stuff. Did I just say "a bit"? Methinks it should read "a lot".

It's a work in progress, though.  We've finally seen the work - I'm sure we will see progress as well.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#32 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

I also really hope that a BLI type aiming pole method will soon be added as coloured grids kill the immersion for me.

Looking nice though, and thanks for giving us a more personal look into the world of PP!!

I completely agree Acrilix. When the BLI was released by Links I COMPLETELY STOPPED using the grids and have never gone back to them. Sure hope that I do not have to in PP.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#33 spikel

spikel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

I completely agree Acrilix. When the BLI was released by Links I COMPLETELY STOPPED using the grids and have never gone back to them. Sure hope that I do not have to in PP.

Jerry

I'm really glad other people like this as much as me, I really hate grids because it ruins the look of the course. Please look into Break-Line Indicator from Links 2003 devs, they had it right on the money!

#34 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

Another vote for a BLI type of green reading option. Sooo much better than a grid.

#35 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

IMO, grids need to be an option as they are the go to green reading tool for a lot of PC golf gamers.

I personally don't use one and use the BLI (Break Line Indicator) when playing Links and would hope that PP do build in to the game varying options for players for reading the greens and not just settle on one option only.

With a number of the development team being familiar with Links, I'm sure something like the BLI will be an option. If it is not, then that would be a major oversight.

;)

#36 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

Seems I posted my question/request in the wrong thread  :D

Here is another BLI fan:

Watching the broadcast from yesterday I come up with a question about "in game/on the green"

... Will there be something  close to the Break Line Indicator that is avbl in Links 2k3 ?

IMHO that is the best IRL/on green/experience I've seen so far ..... I might have missed the subject in the broadcast ... if so I'm sorry ....

http://www.perfectpa...elopment/page-3

#37 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

Can see this becoming a feature in the next podcast perhaps...?

The BLI debate..

Definitely something for inclusion at some stage of Perfect Golf's release I hope.. it did really add to a game that had grids though. So, i guess...we need to start with a grid first.

What I liked was the way the moving balls on the grid gave some idea of speed fo your ball regarding slope, but it was mentioned in the podcast the elevation couldn't be added due to causing too much confusion visually. Would there be a way to select those slope indicator balls by having two options of Break/Slope and Elevation..? This would allow seeing the balls in both directions..

#38 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

Been there, done that: 

http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic/250-putting/

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#39 nvinceable1

nvinceable1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for this Q&A guys! I'm really looking forward to this game and even though it's hard to be patient at times I try to keep in mind that this is a big project. Regular updates like these which give us a glimpse into where the game is at really go a long ways towards making the wait easier. So please keep them coming fast and furious! Also, as someone who doesn't spend a lot of time on the forums I've really appreciated your increased presence on Facebook recently. It reminded me about the game and the Q&A video that you linked there got me excited enough about the progress to pop my head back into the forums again. I'm sure there's plenty of other people like me who check Facebook regularly but not the forums, so please keep us in the loop as well! Thanks guys, can't wait!

#40 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

Concerning everything you've all seen so far, this is a pre-alpha build by the looks of it so lots of things will all have to be tweaked.

What I would hate to see is another LINKS!!! About %80 of you came from links so naturally you want Links 2014. 

Do you know what I would like to see? In ovation, not **** I have seen since golf was invented on the computer. By the looks of it (Classic Swing and Mouse Swing) well that is the same stuff I have seen forever!! That is not innovated, but it's still early!

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor