#41 mjhamilton113

mjhamilton113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLincoln, RI

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:24 AM

Joe, I understand you don't want to see links 2014 but what about links 2003 do you want changed. That golf game is still relevant now for several reasons. You need to be more specific because quite frankly links 2003 is the best golf SIM ever created
  • Perculator likes this

#42 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

Links 2003 had that x-factor and I'll be over the moon if PG can equal or beat that.

TW*, WGT and even the thousand dollar E6 (ver 1) were innovative but all failed to capture me. 

The most innovative thing I feel PG could have is a reasonably open architecture to really take advantage of the community. But not just courses--if someone wants to release an Ambrose/Scramble mod or a  live webcam HUD view of the person actually playing to stop the bot, they can. The Quake of Golf.

No need to solely rely on PP for innovation when there are tons of brilliant minds out there, most willing to work for free.

#43 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

Thanks for all the great feedback. Couple of comments.  

On the break line indicator it is our goal to provide some form of aiming stick / BLI but up to this point all our focus on the project has been around the simulator model.  People inside a simulator are not going to want to aim using a stick as it involves going back to the pc and using a mouse, turning on the grid via a touchscreen is just much easier, so development of the grid took priority over development of the BLI but we will have an alternative to the grid.

On the subject of the swingmeter, this is just our internal build to allow us to use a swingmeter to test and is not representative of the final product.

Great comments on the physics thanks.  I am sure Futch will be thinking about those.

On the subject of Links vs TW vs other games our goal all along has been to take the best of both models and implement them into the game, we dont want Perfect Golf to be considered a links type game or a TW type game but the best golf game.  We are still a ways away from that but if anyone sees something they like or dont like let us know and we will throw it in the grab bag.

thanks

Andrew

#44 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

Just as long as we have choices to play with or without this BLI thingy, personally, I like the way your grid system looks but I like to rely on gr8 camera views and no grids and no BLI, kind of like an expert level, so I'm all for these things as long as we have the ability to play with them off, if we like...

I really like where you guy's are coming from, take the best from Links and TW's PC (NOT TWO) and add your creativity to make this the stand alone best golf game ever!  :D :D

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#45 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

Joe, I understand you don't want to see links 2014 but what about links 2003 do you want changed. That golf game is still relevant now for several reasons. You need to be more specific because quite frankly links 2003 is the best golf SIM ever created

Your opinion only.. I have been playing the most realistic PHYSIC WISE golf game ever created for the last 4-5 years. Not many have tried it because they didn't want to leave there other game, and that's ok. Some have tried it but played a horrid demo, and you cannot say the same thing today. I'm not here to bash links as it was one of the first games I played, but it is old and not the best. We shall see where this one goes, I know the game I play is also getting a brand new engine and also mostly focusing on Simulator people and Mike Jones knows this..lol  Nothing wrong with playing 2 games though.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#46 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

Is that E6 you're talking about, Joe?

#47 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

Is that E6 you're talking about, Joe?

I was wondering the same thing.

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#48 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

There was talk of the E6 simulator being converted to a PC game, but never saw anything of it, only video flybys on their site, which looked very good I must say.

Be interested to know what the game is Joe has been playing. I just hope he doesn't say Custom Play Golf, lol.

;)

#49 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

E6 is a PC game, it just only allows gameplay via analyzers. You can download the trial and do flyovers and walkthroughs of Cog Hill with the mouse.

But this is a thousand dollar piece of software which is feasible when people are paying the money they do for swing analyzers but I can't see too many paying anywhere near that, plus $60 a course, for a swing meter game.

#50 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

There was talk of the E6 simulator being converted to a PC game, but never saw anything of it, only video flybys on their site, which looked very good I must say.

Be interested to know what the game is Joe has been playing. I just hope he doesn't say Custom Play Golf, lol.

;)

If you haven't played the version we play now then I wouldn't talk crap about it Daz. It does have the best physics and so far from what I seen it is better then this one, but this might change as this game is still early in development. World Golf Challenge and the previous CPG2 was coded with real life physic numbers. No game has nothing on our physics sorry..lol , I still see green cup physics I have never seen before.  It's alright if you've never played it or played the demo, arrogance is always nice to see..lol

I am not here to bash any game I simply laugh at the arrogance people have and hardly any have seen the game I play IN IT'S CURRENT condition. :P

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#51 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

If you haven't played the version we play now then I wouldn't talk crap about it Daz. It does have the best physics and so far from what I seen it is better then this one, but this might change as this game is still early in development. World Golf Challenge and the previous CPG2 was coded with real life physic numbers. No game has nothing on our physics sorry..lol , I still see green cup physics I have never seen before.  It's alright if you've never played it or played the demo, arrogance is always nice to see..lol

I am not here to bash any game I simply laugh at the arrogance people have and hardly any have seen the game I play IN IT'S CURRENT condition. :P

Keep your hair on. Please quote where I am talking crap about your game?

;)

#52 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

Where can I see Custom Play Golf in its current condition Joe?

#53 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

Keep your hair on. Please quote where I am talking crap about your game?

;)

You just said I hope he doesn't say CustomPlay Golf, i'll just stop right there.

This is a QA Feedback thread so I don't want to keep posting. This game has promise, we shall see where it goes.

Shimonko because hardly anyone wanted to play this game they stopped selling it awhile back and don't know how to get a copy for anyone without a key that dean sends people. I can post a link to some videos though, but I won't do it in this thread.  I know there are torrent and newsgroup versions but not sure how good there are and if they can use courses we made.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#54 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

You said it yourself:-

Some have tried it but played a horrid demo

That was my only experience of Custom Play Golf, hence my comment. You are obviously playing a more recent, upgraded, third/fourth generation version of the game, as you also state:-

I have been playing the most realistic PHYSIC WISE golf game ever created for the last 4-5 years

Custom Play Golf came out in 2005 (IIRC) which is not the last 4-5 years.

And finally:-

I am not here to bash any game I simply laugh at the arrogance people have and hardly any have seen the game I play IN IT'S CURRENT condition.

Not surprising seeing as you say it isn't available for general purchase anymore. How would we be able to play it?

;)

#55 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:13 AM

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. How about some sort of notebook for each course to keep notes on?

#56 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

Yes, a Personal Record Reminder or some better name would be a Grab Bag addition, I like it Tigers Agent.

We can then be sure to add what we discover when playing the Course for future visits. However, I'd like to be able to go further with additional on/off presets for this..

If we're allowing Pre-Hole Flyby's as an on/off feature, then this addition of a PRR needs to have this separately too. I'd like to be able to remind myself within a round of golf, that I tend to screw up on Holes 8,12 and 15. If i can set personal reminders to pop up for those holes only, then the addition of this would be cool.

#57 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

I believe during the early days a discussion was raised about having a notes option, that could be brought up like you would with hole previews, and it allowed to add notes which could be referred to the next time you played the hole/course.

So adding things like 'take 3 wood off tee, aim for large oak down left side of fairway' would be an option.

;-)

#58 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:11 AM

Yes I recall it Daz, but I want it more functionally helpful. Not just an On/Off.. and the name I gave it wasn't great either.. the PRR, although it can become more than what we've suggested.

Maybe make it the Caddie.. and have it repeat exactly what you want it to,,,

#59 spikel

spikel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:33 AM

Custom Play Golf came out in 2005 (IIRC) which is not the last 4-5 years.

;)

CPG did come out in 2005 but the version of the game he is playing is not called CPG, it's WGC I think. It's based on CPG 2 which came out around 2010. It had a very small, dedicated fan base which has all fizzled out by now but it is very good.

Sorry to continue the derailng, as far as the QA goes I thought it was excellent. I wasn't expecting to see some footage of the game in action and I think it looks great so far. Like everyone else said, the ground physics need some tweaking but that's expected this early on.

#60 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

CPG did come out in 2005 but the version of the game he is playing is not called CPG, it's WGC I think. It's based on CPG 2 which came out around 2010. It had a very small, dedicated fan base which has all fizzled out by now but it is very good.

Sorry to continue the derailng, as far as the QA goes I thought it was excellent. I wasn't expecting to see some footage of the game in action and I think it looks great so far. Like everyone else said, the ground physics need some tweaking but that's expected this early on.

Sorry Spikel nothing has fizzled out just the updating to the game, but that's because there working on a new engine.

I have been playing every Friday night with 7-8 guys for the past 3 years and many of them are big named greats from past golf games. It would have been better though has the producer make a better demo.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X