Photo

Alpha/Beta version... Looking for community input!

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#81 OHIO-FATS

OHIO-FATS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:20 AM

I NEED MY PERFECT GOLF:

Waiting for the game to launch brings back childhood memories!!! Waiting for Santa knowing your going to get for Christmas the Mattel Golf Pro Starter Set ages 6 to 10:} LOL

I would be honored to be apart of Alpha/Beta testing. The past 3 years I've been Alpha/Beta testing Online PC Sporting, First Person Shooter and Interactive gaming products for EA. I work out of my home and can devote the time needed to test and assist in creating the Online PC Perfect Golf Game.

See ya on the Fairway,

OHIO-FATS

#82 noelw1969

noelw1969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStafford, UK

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

I'd love to participate in the game testing and whatever else I can get my hands on.

As a former No.1 ranked player on TWO, I believe I have sound knowledge of most areas of the game albeit, not all areas.

I also have an alcoholic for a boss which means I get a ridiculous amount of time off work allowing many hours to try and help out.

#83 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

I have designed and released courses for both TW2008 and Links 2003 and would appreciate the chance to be involved at an early stage.

#84 AIRJORDAN

AIRJORDAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

i would love to join in the beta teasting as i use to be 1 of the good players on two i feel i have good knowledge when it comes to golf games :)

#85 noelw1969

noelw1969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStafford, UK

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

i would love to join in the beta teasting as i use to be 1 of the good players on two i feel i have good knowledge when it comes to golf games :)

Just to back my mate up here, he without doubt was a great player on TWO and he and myself have spent many good hours on Teamspeak or Skype or something working hard on getting the best out of TWO.

mj will be a good addition to any testing that goes on.

Edit - That also goes for quite a few old TWO names that are present on here. There is a very good, collective knowledge of golf on your members list.

• mjordan2 likes this

#86 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

Count me in for a tester, would love to be apart of this

#87 Tazz

Tazz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

I haven't posted much on the site but have been following the topics since I found out about this project. Some may remember me from the TW era as I was a designer for that series along with a community site owner for many years. I was also a beta tester for the TW series and a community contact with EA directly. 

My input on this subject is the following:

1. Two small groups would be best for getting the feedback needed. One group that wants to test all aspects of the game and one that is more geared towards the actual game play. This will allow for better input towards all areas while not having to many testers out there that are not providing feedback.

2. Paid participation may give the best team to assist in the testing as they have a vested value in the game and for the overall outcome. Steam may be an option, but as others have stated, you may get people wishing to just get a discount without providing feedback. It may also cause to large of a group having access to the Suite of software that isn't assisting in making the project better. Maybe you could consider setting up a system that allows those that are chosen for testing to provide a donation (amount to be decided based on testing areas) via the forum which would promote them to the beta group they were chosen for. This would then give them access to a special area on the forums for communicating with the development team. 

3. From past experience in beta testing, I would ensure you give the group(s) direction in what areas need testing each round to ensure feedback is provided in a timely manner. Some may wish to only test the game itself, others will want to test all aspects including course building and importing of terrain, etc. Ensure the criteria are broken down for each team of testers as outlined above. 

This all being said, I would be willing to assist in any testing going forward no matter what direction your team decides to choose. I am also familiar with the forum software currently being used by PP and could assist in anyway with setting up the areas I've outlined above. 

#88 WeedWhacker141

WeedWhacker141

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

I would love to be a beta tester and feel like I was helping with the development of the product, plus I would really enjoy the fruits of your labor.  Perhaps you would be interested in an early access type deal that could gain you extra working capital.

#89 deerhunter716

deerhunter716

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

The Early Access ala Steam is what me and CJ were discussing today actually.

I support this and maybe should be a combination of this and of course let some in who do not purchase for sure as we..  I would definitely do early access myself.

#90 GolferMike

GolferMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

Great to hear perfect golf is close to coming out and would be great to be a beta tester if needed can not waite to have a good golf game or sim to play. Thanks

#91 J4FThunder666

J4FThunder666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

on reflection, i also think that steam is the best way should be a lot of Players and a great community.

After i have now tormented for weeks even with "WGT" i pay everything what you want :) An early acces to the Alpha and beta for Money i find perfectly acceptable if the Price is right.

I hope you have enough room for all Players who want to Support you during this Phase, and i hope I`ll be a part of it.

Greetings Thunder

P.S. happy Christmas to all

#92 TeenZ

TeenZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

I'd love to participate in the game testing and whatever else I can get my hands on.

As a former No.1 ranked player on TWO, I believe I have sound knowledge of most areas of the game albeit, not all areas.

I also have an alcoholic for a boss which means I get a ridiculous amount of time off work allowing many hours to try and help out.

yeah there were several number ones of TWO, a small elite bunch.

#93 marts30

marts30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

I vote for Steam early access, just give plenty of warning of its state so you only attract the dead keen players.

#94 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

I would be very interested in testing the course forge. I have done designing in the past using the course architect for tw games. I have also tested courses for playability and visual issues for CGX and others that wanted input. Axe 360 can verify that I am not shy about  reporting what I like or dislike about a course but it's done only to improve it. So yes if your looking for straight, honest opinions then I think I do fit the bill. I also Beta tested TWO but it was frustrating reporting issues and then having them ignored so basically it was a waste of time. I would  like to see a system where the testers have  to submit something in a certain generous time frame that way you know who is actually testing and who is just playing with it. I would also like to see whoever gets the feedback to repond also in a generous time frame thus testers know if their suggestions or feedback were acknowledged and again its not a waste of time.

#95 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

I can sure verify that sirputterman, is a very thorough tester and I agree with his comments about that last debacle.. I also agree with his suggestions... :)

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#96 shimwooley

shimwooley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

I've been a golfer for 40 years and played TW golf for awhile. I switched back to  Links 2003 because its more realistic !

I'm after the best PC golf game ever created because playing for real is starting to get tough for me. I like what I see so far and would loved to be involved in the beta testing of your product. I don't care if it costs as long as it's a fair price !

I have designed courses for TW and messed around with AP designer. Count me in !

#97 alannala1

alannala1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

I would like to be able to test course forge.

#98 Biffa

Biffa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

You can count me in to become a beta tester too, i have plenty Golfing experience both in real world and virtual.

#99 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

I've been a long time Access Software supporter and have pretty much every version of Links there is... I would be very interested in beta testing PG if possible.   Golf games is all I play these days!   Thanks!

#100 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

This was posted on steam for a new indie game...might be an idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users