Photo

Any idea when we might see the game in action?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

I wish PP would have more info on the release of this game. Maybe in the news have a count down for a release date. I hope they get this out soon. I was on the golf club site and they are releasing there game this spring. Could be a problem for PP. Please give us more updates on a release date.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#62 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Well PP has stated they hoped to release Perfect Golf winter 2013 (which ends March 21/14) and HB has said TGC will be released spring 2014 (March 21 - June 21/14) so if PP is on track then I don't see a problem for them. It would be HB that's bringing up the rear. :)

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#63 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

Not trying to diss TGC in anyway, but "spring" could roll into summer.....be good to see an actual date.

#64 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

Reading some of the recent posts on TGC, it has a way to go before being a finished game.

Initially will only come with 1 tee position and 1 pin per green. Could make for some borderline playable courses depending on how some designers set out their pin locations, lol.

#65 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

I will wait this PG because i feel myself that it will be the Best golf ever, i'm sure they are right to take their own time to care every particular detail and focusing on the playable! Go Go Go Golf !

#66 whitewolf

whitewolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationkent england

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

This may well turn out to be a very good golf game if it ever gets started. But why don't they make it easy for clients to find out the latest news as to when we might at last get some action. Could they not put in the main menu bar LATEST NEWS UPDATE so you can see it as soon as you log on. So far their communication with clients leaves a lot to be desired.

• karma4u likes this

#67 chicago43055

chicago43055

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

it's a secret....Fall 2014

#68 Green Ace

Green Ace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

it's a secret....Fall 2014

When Fall of 2014 rolls around, PP will push the release date back to Spring of 2015, and then when Spring of 2015 rolls around, PP will once again push the release date back to Winter 2015....lol

#69 Green Ace

Green Ace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

#70 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

I honestly feel Perfect Golf will release this year...

#71 Topflight

Topflight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:44 AM

I am just happy that PP is in the process of making a golf game

• Davefevs likes this

#72 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

My only complaint is that they need to give more info on the progress. Just let people know what the heck is going on. 

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#73 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:04 AM

Yes, continual updates would be ideal... lately however, since New Year, they have turned the CF into a Beta, and have the PG at Alpha stage. They have also stated they have ongoing projects with other companies, ie Augusta and Sky, hence the timing of the Masters shortly. So, in a way, we do know what's going on... and are only really awaiting another update once the Masters is finished...

#74 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

Ian, you happen to know about Augusta and Sky from a post made in the private forums. Just out of principle (and not because I condone the deafening news silence), I would be reluctant about divulging anything learned there in the public section. And publicly, there has been no official announcement about any of this, so most forum members could not possibly know that.

That's what public updates are, should be, for. There is even a Forum section called "News and Information", which has been updated 3 and a half months ago for the last time.

So my view is: Regular updates would help tremendously.

And by regular I mean at least once every two weeks. And by "help tremendously" I mean "are an essential, basic service to the 2'540 registered members and a feature that is so undeniably axiomatic that there should be no need to point it out in the first place".

Unfortunately, that's not how they roll… TGC does that a lot better (except for the golf game and course designer part)

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#75 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

In Ian's defense he has not stated anything I wasn't already aware of, even though I do not have access to the "private" forum. I had already made the assumption re PP's involvement at the Masters for Sky through Andrew's last post re being busy with upcoming events. This was based solely on the fact that it is public knowledge that PP has an arrangement with Sky to use PP's Broadcast Suite software as stated in this post from last April:

Last week, Sky Sports entered in a multi-year licensing and service contract with Perfect Parallel. Sky Sports will have unlimited access to Perfect Parallel’s content for its live broadcasts of PGA and European Tour events in both Europe and the United States. The agreement began at the most prestigious golf tournament in the world, The Masters.

Since it is a multi-year contract there was no reason to assume that would not be the case again this year.

So, Ian didn't divulge anything private to the rest of us and has held to the fine set of principles you expressed. :)

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#76 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

Your logic is faultless and Ian is off the hook, then  ;) 

Still, an official comment about it in a public place might have been in order.

• Davefevs likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#77 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Unfortunately, that's not how they roll… TGC does that a lot better (except for the golf game and course designer part)

You may be right about the course designer, but how would you know about the game since there is no beta out for PG?  :huh:

-MERACE

#78 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

Your logic is faultless and Ian is off the hook, then  ;) 

Still, an official comment about it in a public place might have been in order.

K11,

AJ posted about the Augusta deal last year, as the guys were at The Masters with Sky Sports and they are returning again this year. So what Ian posted is nothing new and something that had previously been publicly announced.

This is a pic from PP's FB pages from April 2013, showing MJ in the video booth at the controls of several screens (and PP's virtual Augusta)

906301_440593192689424_863983482_o.jpg

#79 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:22 AM

You may be right about the course designer, but how would you know about the game since there is no beta out for PG?  :huh:

Extrapolation, MERACE. Also, I did watch many gameplay videos and all the Course Creator tutorials (Strewth, welcome to blunt tools for dummies...!) There may be some surmise involved about my conclusion, though, and this is my personal opinion and it need not represent yours or anybody else's. Even with both games out in the public for comparison, you are bound to find some players who will prefer one, others will like the other, and arguments about which one is the "better one" will be futile. For me, personally, PG promises to be by far the better one.

Because it will be nearer to Sim golf than TGC. Because it will give players more options. Because (that one collides with the Course Creator issue), PG will have better-looking courses. It will also have different difficulty settings. PG is the reincarnation of Links. TGC is the rookie rival of EA and TW (I know, both parties say otherwise, but honestly, c'mon…)

Anyway, I had many fun and happy hours with TW golf games and I regret nothing, but to me Links always has had the better mechanics and was the better game.

In my mind an image has formed of TGC being the MacDonalds of Computer Golf - everything quick, easy and convenient. TGC will do well, I'm sure of that. On the other hand PG strikes me more as the little steakhouse a bit off the main roads, where the tables are greasy, the service is rude and they make you wait for an hour or so, but where the pepper steak really tastes great.

It all comes down to what suits you and me best - and that is a personal, emotional and cultural choice. At least, over here we get to discuss "the other game". Over there, on your TGC forums, there is no mention at all of PerfectParallel. Do I have to register there and start poking awkwardly reasonable and festering, uncomfortable holes into their brave new world of bland unigolf, sanitized for mainstream consumption.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#80 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

It all comes down to what suits you and me best - and that is a personal, emotional and cultural choice. At least, over here we get to discuss "the other game". Over there, on your TGC forums, there is no mention at all of PerfectParallel. Do I have to register there and start poking awkwardly reasonable and festering, uncomfortable holes into their brave new world of bland unigolf, sanitized for mainstream consumption.

Kablammo11:

I don't begrudge you or anyone of their virtual golf game preferences.  Ultimately, I may also find that PG has better game play than TGC, but I won't know that for sure until I've had a chance to play it (hopefully in a closed or open beta).

As for no mention of Perfect Golf on the (not my ;) ) TGC forums, I posted a link to the PG & CF forums there (http://www.hb-studio...msg6975#msg6975).

I believe that both games will have enough features that appeal to most virtual golf game enthusiasts so that it doesn't have to be an either/or buying decision.  B)

-MERACE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users