Photo

Any idea when we might see the game in action?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

OK, you don't see this (Perfect Golf) happening and claim it reminds you of Starcraft 2.

Starcraft 2, a game which was released in 2010. So how does a project you claim won't happen, remind you of a game that actually got released?

Also, not sure how you waited over a decade for Starcraft 2, when Blizzard only announced the game in 2007 and then released it in 2010. Admittedly they did claim development work had started initially on the game in 2003, but even then, 2003 > 2010 is not over a decade.

What time are the flights back to your planet?

;)

Hey Daz, no fair using actual "facts" to support an argument. ;)

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#22 Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*

Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

Let's make this happen..your people call my people

#23 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:08 PM

Well slink off and go and partake in something that is happening then - like WGT.

Leave us here to discuss the project, without your inane ramblings in every thread you have visited since joining the site today, spouting that it won't happen without your help.

:angry:

Come on Daz whats it been 2 years ,or more? Theguys has a point . . This is getting a bit rediculous

#24 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

Come on Daz whats it been 2 years ,or more? Theguys has a point . . This is getting a bit rediculous

How long did the last game you worked on take to release?

Didn't realise there was a limit on how long a game takes to be completed. You do realise that PP are not some game development arm of a company like EA, who will employ hundreds to work on just one project. They are a small outfit in comparison, trying to earn a living by selling their golf simulator software and as a side project, trying to build a golf game with the same software.

Shame on them. How dare they take so long.

;)

#25 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

How much did you invest?

#26 Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*

• Guests

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

Do we have to donate for this to make it?

#27 Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*

• Guests

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:26 AM

Is it a coding problem,.? Or windows issue? I saw console..are they making it for ps4 or Xbox one? If made for 360 they are indeed in trouble... Why not just bring it out,,,forget about the golf cart or walking add on. They should have something for us by now.....

This is getting a little fishy now

#28 Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*

• Guests

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

In meantime..here is some music for the programmers

Get your mind off the coding issues

#29 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:52 AM

Do we have to donate for this to make it?

It's about the sense of entitlement I see on here. There's a single line post above with, what, 12 'bugs' in it at a quick count, telling the developers it's a bit 'rediculous' how long it's taking. 

Some people have standards and don't release crap.

#30 Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*

• Guests

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

It's about the sense of entitlement I see on here. There's a single line post above with, what, 12 'bugs' in it at a quick count, telling the developers it's a bit 'rediculous' how long it's taking. 

Some people have standards and don't release crap.

I agree...but waiting too long is not good either..have to come up with a date and let it go

#31 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:38 AM

No Daz,there is no time limit , but 2 years ? I really thought WGT had something to worry about , but with them now expancing to the golf channel, and the bad rep PP has gottin by taking so long to produce a video game. I just don't know now

#32 Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*

• Guests

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

I think they are tackling too much...worrying about walking and even having golf carts in the game/ a golf ball that only lasts so many rounds..etc..etc. Worry about the core game itself..bring out the core game. Than..than...worry about these updates. I hope this game does make it, but unfortunately following the progress of this for the last year gives me a lot of doubt. I had no idea you could donate money, that is great and all,,,but no promises are being met. As of now, what I saw...this game will be somewhat outdated in a few months. The xbox one is releasing a new golf game that should be released on the pc as well..it should raise the bar for the golf sim we were all hoping for. A possible dagger to this game...it could possibly be a huge blow...I hope not...but how computer gaming goes.

Waiting this long for a basic sim ( this isn't gta 5 or a graphic beast like halo or Skyrim online) is a little worry some. Something's just don't match up here. What is the major hold up? My guess is this game has some "major" bugs or coding issues.. Again, just a basic sim..shouldn't be that difficult. It isn't a visual and audio beast like gta 5 ..

Something very very fishy here guys

#33 Unique

Unique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Piss off Mate!!!!!

#34 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

Temper, temper, everybody! Nothing to see here, step away now.

keep-calm-and-don-t-feed-the-troll-22_zp

• Tigers Agent likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#35 ArisFuser

ArisFuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

Go find him:

http://www.smosh.com...internet-trolls

#36 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

well with The Golf Club coming alive,open and closed betas dates TBA in the next few weeks.

it is hard to tell who will get the lion share of the bucks,but to me it looks like like the golf club is much further along

then this and it is also another game using unity .

PP time to get up off the pot

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#37 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

No Daz,there is no time limit , but 2 years ? I really thought WGT had something to worry about , but with them now expancing to the golf channel, and the bad rep PP has gottin by taking so long to produce a video game. I just don't know now

The only places I know that are actually commenting on the project are here at the PP forums and comments made on Steam. Please share some URL's from all this bad rep you are encountering.

Or are you just making reference to odd posts that crop up on these forums from time to time, because of the lack of updates (yes, I have whinged enough myself, but I wouldn't say PP have a 'bad rep' in my eyes because of this).

;)

#38 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

I think they are tackling too much...worrying about walking and even having golf carts in the game/ a golf ball that only lasts so many rounds..etc..etc. Worry about the core game itself..bring out the core game. Than..than...worry about these updates. I hope this game does make it, but unfortunately following the progress of this for the last year gives me a lot of doubt. I had no idea you could donate money, that is great and all,,,but no promises are being met. As of now, what I saw...this game will be somewhat outdated in a few months. The xbox one is releasing a new golf game that should be released on the pc as well..it should raise the bar for the golf sim we were all hoping for. A possible dagger to this game...it could possibly be a huge blow...I hope not...but how computer gaming goes.

Waiting this long for a basic sim ( this isn't gta 5 or a graphic beast like halo or Skyrim online) is a little worry some. Something's just don't match up here. What is the major hold up? My guess is this game has some "major" bugs or coding issues.. Again, just a basic sim..shouldn't be that difficult. It isn't a visual and audio beast like gta 5 ..

Something very very fishy here guys

The only 'fishy' thing on these boards is the amphibious new poster called Mystery Man.

If all what PP are doing is not so difficult, please point us in the direction of your PC golf sim. You seem to be bigging yourself up in every post you make, so please show us all your virtual golf game offering. I'm sure you could have created an all singing, all dancing golf game in a month. Like you say, it's only a basic sim.

After all, its not Skyrim, Halo or GTA5.

;)

• Tigers Agent likes this

#39 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

There's a block posts feature in user prefs.....I've found a good use for it over the past couple of days!
  • FixAmer1st, Ron Piskorik and Keith like this

#40 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

The only places I know that are actually commenting on the project are here at the PP forums and comments made on Steam. Please share some URL's from all this bad rep you are encountering.

Or are you just making reference to odd posts that crop up on these forums from time to time, because of the lack of updates (yes, I have whinged enough myself, but I wouldn't say PP have a 'bad rep' in my eyes because of this).

;)

Daz a lot of the comments are coming from players at WGT who were (at one time) so happy that someone was going to give WGT some compitition . Now all you here is "man haven't been on there in a while. They still don't have that going? Damn just put the game out there ffs"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users