Photo

Any idea when we might see the game in action?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDevon.u.k / born London

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

I did post in the General Discussion Perfect Golf thread about TGC, and the next post was who cares, so why bother.

#82 Richard Nalezynski

Richard Nalezynski

Producer - Perfect Parallel

• Administrators
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY USA

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

Wow, guys, where to start...

I think it's best to say thanks @Kablammo11 for the kind words and support.

For more general and poitive information, check out this thread:

http://www.perfectpa...nd-gone/?p=9190

#83 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

sure hope they get this out soon. just not that impressed with TGC as with the ease of building courses there are just so many crap courses to wade through to find the good ones. not to mention that building a known course just dont work as far as i can see. not everyone should just be clicking a few buttons to publish a course. i think if this ever sees the light of day with all you need to know to build courses will be a much better game.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#84 WeedWhacker141

WeedWhacker141

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

TGC is interesting.  IMHO just something to mess with until Perfect Golf comes out.  Still playing Links BTW.

#85 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

sure hope they get this out soon. just not that impressed with TGC as with the ease of building courses there are just so many crap courses to wade through to find the good ones. not to mention that building a known course just dont work as far as i can see. not everyone should just be clicking a few buttons to publish a course. i think if this ever sees the light of day with all you need to know to build courses will be a much better game.

I think I wrote the same thing exactly once. There needs to be a barrier to entry in every endeavor to weed out a lot of the garbage. Real estate brokers, marketers, web designers, bloggers,... too many people winging it today because of software that does it 'all'.

#86 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

What gets me with the TGC designer is that folks seem to be tricking up some of the designs to try and combat low scores. HBS have always said the difficulty of the game will be determined by the difficulty of the course.

Because the gameplay can be 'mastered' to a degree, especially with the XBOX360 controller, it becomes fairly repetitive to hit reasonably straight shots with 95-100% power time after time. Add taking a bit of extra time to dial in the precise yardage with the shot setup (which adjusts the distance on screen the club will hit it helping you to get the exact yardage needed) and you can see why folks are going round in -12.

Courses then come out with half reasonable layouts but with slopes on the greens that make it a crap shoot trying to hole putts. If this is how they see combatting the low scores then I will be passing on the game, even though I have already bought the Early Access.

I think many 'casual golfers', especially the console crowd, will take to TGC quite easily, but for me personally it needs a lot of changes and improvements for me to be a regular participant once the game goes full release (and I won't be buying a console version either).

;)

#87 AlanR54NC

AlanR54NC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

Pretty much agree to TGC. I also purchased the Early Access, it was worth a look.  Graphics aren't bad when stationary, but trying to play with any kind of resolution chugs like a steam engine.  Granted its early access so that should hopefully improve.

I'm a 3-clicker so had to try the mouse/keyboard. horrendous. averaged 8-11 strokes per hole. Probably half of that in putting. Sensing a consistent swing, tempo seemed impossible (for me).

I had a Logitech Rumblepad laying around so hooked that up and gave it a shot. My first game I was only 3 over par for 18. With mouse/keyboard I was worse than that on a single hole. With the controller almost impossible not to hit a straight 95-100%  shot. I still struggle hitting less than a full swing.

Course designer I haven't even looked at, but yes, there are some "strange" courses available. This reviewer, (Http://www.RockPaperShotgun.com/2014/05/05/the-lighthouse-customer-the-golf-club/) , tried making a screwy course just because he could. 500yd bunkers in middle of fairway, sailboats in the fairway, a deer herd on the putting green.  Granted that could be done with CourseForge or APCD but not in a few minutes time.

Anyway....we shall wait and see if and how things improve. It  definitely has not dampened my desire to play a round with PG.

Intel Core2 Duo E6750

4GB Ram

Win 7 64 bit

ATI  Radeon 5700

#88 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:02 AM

Perfect Golf really, really needs to come out soon..... :mellow:

Ken

#89 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:59 AM

I think they are intentionally delaying the game by a week each time someone bitches about them not releasing the game yet.  B)

• Davefevs likes this

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#90 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:12 AM

Id be happy just to hear something! Throw us a bone!

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#91 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:42 AM

Id be happy just to hear something! Throw us a bone!

You have read this thread I hope...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users