Photo

Any idea when we might see the game in action?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

PP stated when this project got underway 'all those years ago', that the golf game was a side project from their main priority which is the golf simulator. The game would run from the same software that the simulator does, but they would have to develop a means of converting folks hitting golf balls at a screen to players sat at a PC using a mouse to hit the ball.

Perfect Golf the game was never going to be designed, coded and released in a matter of months. Heck, I would hazard a guess that for the most part, work on the game has sat idle whilst the simulator side of the project took centre stage. They have got to make their money somehow, the golf game part of the project won't fund itself. The Kickstarter failing didn't help and as there was no crowd-funding money coming in, they had to look elsewhere to raise the cash - so it was back to the simulator build and the game would have to wait.

This is the nature of the beast which is game design. Some folks can't hack it as they want a game and they want it now.

• ArisFuser likes this

#42 ArisFuser

ArisFuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Just to give you an idea of how crazy videogame funding is,...

http://en.wikipedia....ames_to_develop

#43 Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*

Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:44 AM

I really feel kinda sorry now for this...I see potential, but the potential may never appear on the market. One can hope, but hope never wins any prizes..( accept in the game of horse shoe and hand grenades)

Anyway..

This is how I felt a few days ago to this fleeting/crack dream of a game actually being made for us,

This is how i felt about this train wreck..when I heard you all donated money to this mess

th_glasscaseofemo.gif

This is how I felt the developers feel everyday they work on this

th_funny-gif-dogs-head-get-stuck-in-a-bo

This is how perceive the product now

th_1186069606193.gif

th_disaster2001_heavymetal_5.gif

th_disaster.gif

But now..I change face I feel like the post below

#44 Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*

Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

I feel like this now..I feel sad..and hopeful for everyone...
th_tumblr_mf1y3qARY21rb55rh.gif

What can I do to help? (I'm trying by offering free online lessons)..do you need a hug? Need someone to cheer you up? A shoulder to,lean on?

I'm here for you..and I love you for everything you gave to me/us

#45 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

This is how i felt about this train wreck..when I heard you all donated money to this mess

th_glasscaseofemo.gif

Well you need to change your informer, as what you heard ain't so.

No-one in this community has donated anything to this project. Pledges were made but the Kickstarter didn't reach it's goal, so no monies were taken from those who pledged. This will probably give you great satisfaction to hear the Kickstarter failed as all you seem intent on doing is posting negative comments and bashing the project at every opportunity.

Do us all a favour and go back and do some work for EA.

• Richard and ☠InDaSkies☠ like this

#46 ArisFuser

ArisFuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Daz, don't lose yout time answering. Devs,...Ban him. Period. Stupid, egomaniac unbalanced whinner.

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#47 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

Maybe this is a game for you Mr. EA: http://thegolfclubgame.com/

Good luck there  :blink:  :rolleyes:

• ☠InDaSkies☠ and CSR like this

Who cares...

#48 Marketing Guy

Marketing Guy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:38 AM

Not sure about the hostility here..but I'm so so stoked you guys have a website for this. Have been hearing rumors about this game since 2011 or so

Where can I try the demo before I buy?
Hmmm?

#49 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:00 AM

He's back.

#50 Harald

Harald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNuremberg, Germany

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

Well you need to change your informer, as what you heard ain't so.

No-one in this community has donated anything to this project. Pledges were made but the Kickstarter didn't reach it's goal, so no monies were taken from those who pledged. This will probably give you great satisfaction to hear the Kickstarter failed as all you seem intent on doing is posting negative comments and bashing the project at every opportunity.

Do us all a favour and go back and do some work for EA.

Thank you Daz! That's also my Toughts and Thinking.

I7-6700k, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream 8GB,16 GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W ATX 2.4, SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Eizo Color Graphic CS270 - 27", Win 10 Pro (64bit)

#51 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

mine too, thank you Daz.

#52 hardcase1

hardcase1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationmassachusetts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

i wish they would put this game together allready been waiting sooooooooo looooooong need to go golfing !!!!

#53 wjceel

wjceel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

not trying to sound like a broken record but im sick of waiting the simple fact that if they have got the release date so bloody wrong (winter 2013) . well i bet online version will have nothing but problems . WGT has beewn around for over 4 years and they still have problems but i still go play everyday . and for the WGT haters well hey least they have a game to play.....

#54 Splash

Splash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUSA / Michigan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

not trying to sound like a broken record but im sick of waiting the simple fact that if they have got the release date so bloody wrong (winter 2013) . well i bet online version will have nothing but problems . WGT has beewn around for over 4 years and they still have problems but i still go play everyday . and for the WGT haters well hey least they have a game to play.....

To each his own bud, I signed up and played WGT for 2 hours and I never went back Its not my idea of a golf game simulator, or close to it anyway without goin real club sim version, Wich I wish I could but 3 back surgerys have put my golf days behind me now, or I'd be playing for real. Anyhow my point, If they take time and do it right it will be worth it, we've waited this long whats, lets say hell even six more months, myself I'd rather have it right and after first swing say to myself ya this thing rocks, and get back into playin some golf. Because other side they rush game looks and plays like crap and they don't sell any and it was a complete waste of time. Don't get me wrong I wish it was comin out tomorrow, I wanna shoot some, but I'll be here when it comes out, and so will everyone else that plays.

• IanD likes this

AMD 8350 @ 4.8 / XSPC Raystorm H2O Kit & RX240 Radiator

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9

Kingston HyperX Beast 1866 CL 9-10-11 @ 1.5 volt

EVGA 980ti Classified @ 1521 / 1.21 volt

2 Kingston 3K 120 GB SSD's [System & Game Drives]

CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000w PS

CoolerMaster HAF 922 Case

Panasonic 55 inch Viera Plasma 60Hz [DSR 3840 x 2160 - 60Hz for gaming]

7.1 Realtek Onboard / Optic Cable to ONKYO 1000w Rec. @ 24Bit / 192

7 Terabyte of Western Digital & Seagate SATA Storage

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

Charter Cable Internet / 65MB sec. Down & 5MB sec. Up

#55 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

Maybe this is a game for you Mr. EA: http://thegolfclubgame.com/

Good luck there  :blink:  :rolleyes:

Actually, this doesn't look that bad.. I may have to give this game a try! 

#56 RustyBin5

RustyBin5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

I don't see this happening..it reminds me of Starcraft 2 ..I waited and waited..been years before it came out.. Over a decade

What can I/ we do to make this happen? I would like to get a cd copy not streaming..if possible

I/ we are here to help if we can..

Lets do this guys..I/we are ready to do this thing

In the meantime..anyone want free swing analysis?

It will take a player of the game to help with physics..email me guys..let's get the old ball rolling

Mm

haha this coming from someone that says he works for EA - I think I just wee'd a little laughing. Pot - Kettle - Black. If you so sure that it aint gonna happen what you still doing here spouting your negativity . Two words of advice bud - "do one"

Love and Kisses Rusty :ph34r:

• Splash likes this

#57 RustyBin5

RustyBin5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

Oh and while Im at it - Lord of Ultima - battle of Lords server - total joke - the thing is broken beyond belife and on that server alone we have pledges from 500 players (count 'em Romeo) that vow never to lay an EA game again.

#58 Splash

Splash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUSA / Michigan

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

haha this coming from someone that says he works for EA - I think I just wee'd a little laughing. Pot - Kettle - Black. If you so sure that it aint gonna happen what you still doing here spouting your negativity . Two words of advice bud - "do one"

Love and Kisses Rusty :ph34r:

Ya I was thinkin to myself who pee 'd in his cheerio's?  ...lol

AMD 8350 @ 4.8 / XSPC Raystorm H2O Kit & RX240 Radiator

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9

Kingston HyperX Beast 1866 CL 9-10-11 @ 1.5 volt

EVGA 980ti Classified @ 1521 / 1.21 volt

2 Kingston 3K 120 GB SSD's [System & Game Drives]

CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000w PS

CoolerMaster HAF 922 Case

Panasonic 55 inch Viera Plasma 60Hz [DSR 3840 x 2160 - 60Hz for gaming]

7.1 Realtek Onboard / Optic Cable to ONKYO 1000w Rec. @ 24Bit / 192

7 Terabyte of Western Digital & Seagate SATA Storage

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

Charter Cable Internet / 65MB sec. Down & 5MB sec. Up

#59 RustyBin5

RustyBin5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

er.....maybe me :)

#60 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

lol  just about killed myself laughing when I saw the ( psst I work for EA) oooh baby there goes any credibility  right down the old crapper. It was so easy going on to the TWO forums and plucking the game apart. No real challenge to it just play the game once and you had at least a weeks worth of  issues to post  about. Hmm MR EA how did TW 14 console sales go? Seems there were a few issues as I recall something about a patch to fix a bug but then they needed a patch to fix the bugs the first patch created. Oh yes after months of romours of a second patch being worked on exactly what happened with that ? Yah nothing zilch zero no patch no one from EA to explain why all the big boys at EA had left town long ago. An  EA guy trying to come here and talk smack about a golf game... so funny on so many levels.  Thanks for the good laugh.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users