#41 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:58 PM

Well I went to the course for some practice and hit everything dead right and nothing I did mattered and short of breaking my mouse I quit and go to the Practice range and guess what everything still went dead right.  I tried everything and had to hit 50 balls and no matter I would swing they are all going right and this is at Pro level RTSM.  Sorry but this is starting to get like work and a video game is not supposed to be work to the point that you are exhausted from trying to hit just one straight ball.  What I dont get is how you can hit the ball pretty good for awhile and then all of a sudden you hit every shot sideways and that is frustrating.  What was more frustrating is that I figured I would take a bread and go play the OGT PGA Pro event at my old MS and I was clueless as I have lost that swing so back to the range and after about 15 minutes I returned to the field of combat and went to Braden Dunes and played pretty good but the moral is it will screw your other swing up so you really have to learn one swing and stick with it.  So my question to myself is where do I play and what level and what swing and right now I am leaning going bact to TP and using MS as it is the most fun for me.  A video game is just that a game and its meant to sit down and enjoy and to relieve some stress from the work day or whatever and if its not fun its not really any good.  So for me I guess for the time being I am going to play with all you 3C and MS guys out there and have some fun and just fiddle with the RTSM as right now I just think its real penalizing to the right way to much.  Just my two cents.

I HEAR ya... completely!  I've been CONVINCED that my mouse or the game or something was all boggled up but apparently I just really suck at RTSM.  Which confuses me because I was proficient enough at MS to at least put up some decent scores on TP.  

I'm guess the biggest challenge/issue that I have is that I can't see the cursor.  I must have been really watching the cursor and adjusting on the fly when using MS.  I find that when I get a bad case of the shanks in RTSM I'm hitting them way off the toe.  It's very difficult for me and I have a ton of respect for the guys out there shooting great scores on TP (hell - even Pro) with RTSM.

• Greensboronclion likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#42 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:09 PM

Mebby I just shot -12 at Pro level MS at Braden Dunes and I cant smell the rough as I am only in the bushes with RTSM.  I don't understand as I know I am half decent at this game and I have been pretty good at any video golf game I have ever touched but the RTSM has just got me hating it right now as you have to be able to hit a fairway once in a blue moon.  I agree I was always intent on the meter and I refuse to tape a circle of one on my screen to simulate one.  Very frustrating.

#43 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:13 PM

Well I went to the course for some practice and hit everything dead right and nothing I did mattered and short of breaking my mouse I quit and go to the Practice range and guess what everything still went dead right.  I tried everything and had to hit 50 balls and no matter I would swing they are all going right and this is at Pro level RTSM.  Sorry but this is starting to get like work and a video game is not supposed to be work to the point that you are exhausted from trying to hit just one straight ball.  What I dont get is how you can hit the ball pretty good for awhile and then all of a sudden you hit every shot sideways and that is frustrating.  What was more frustrating is that I figured I would take a bread and go play the OGT PGA Pro event at my old MS and I was clueless as I have lost that swing so back to the range and after about 15 minutes I returned to the field of combat and went to Braden Dunes and played pretty good but the moral is it will screw your other swing up so you really have to learn one swing and stick with it.  So my question to myself is where do I play and what level and what swing and right now I am leaning going bact to TP and using MS as it is the most fun for me.  A video game is just that a game and its meant to sit down and enjoy and to relieve some stress from the work day or whatever and if its not fun its not really any good.  So for me I guess for the time being I am going to play with all you 3C and MS guys out there and have some fun and just fiddle with the RTSM as right now I just think its real penalizing to the right way to much.  Just my two cents.

:D  Luckily i've been down this road already, and i think i can help you tremendously if you're sticking to RTS-M. The simple answer is to keep a consistent tempo regardless if you're playing AM, Pro or TP. Slower the better, but not too slow you'll hook. If you want more info i posted some stuff recently. Check some of my recent post's, especially about getting your mouse settings square and the tip on turning Precision pointer off. That's when everything fell into place for me.

PG + OGT & MP = Golfing Bliss! 

Steam-ahhyeaa

#44 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:16 PM

:D  Luckily i've been down this road already, and i think i can help you tremendously if you're sticking to RTS-M. The simple answer is to keep a consistent tempo regardless if you're playing AM, Pro or TP. Slower the better, but not too slow you'll hook. If you want more info i posted some stuff recently. Check some of my recent post's, especially about getting your mouse settings square and the tip on turning Precision pointer off. That's when everything fell into place for me.

I appreciate the guidance (even though you weren't directing that at me).  I've tried just about everything - some of them based on your posts.  The thing is that I know WHAT to do.  I just can't seem to consistently repeat it for whatever reason.  I've had entire rounds go as planned and I've had as little as one shot go as planned but once I shank one... there doesn't seem to be any going back!

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#45 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:23 PM

I'll play this tourney at Pro tonight after a few balls at the range and maybe a practice RD. lol  I have a +39 handicap at OGT after 2 tournaments at Am level. Something may be out of wack though with the HC's. Anyhow, i could be wrong, but i don't think i am. I expect to shoot maybe 5 shots more on pro per rd. 

Steam-ahhyeaa

#46 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:33 PM

It's all in the grip. True.

• Armand and AwYea like this

#47 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:40 PM

One last thing, should've said it earlier. When you over-swing you got to account for it not equaling backswing. So when you do it intentionaly you got to start you backswing with a slower than normal swing to compensate.

Steam-ahhyeaa

#48 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:47 PM

One last thing, should've said it earlier. When you over-swing you got to account for it not equaling backswing. So when you do it intentionaly you got to start you backswing with a slower than normal swing to compensate.

lol - Wait... What do I do again?

Breathe IN or OUT during the backswing?

Is most of the weight on your left or right foot while you breathe in and lightly grip the mouse from the top right side and then slide it with medium friction?

(assuming a level surface in the Northern Hemisphere)

#49 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:48 PM

lol - Wait... What do I do again?

Breathe IN or OUT during the backswing?

Is most of the weight on your left or right foot while you breathe in and lightly grip the mouse from the top right side and then slide it with medium friction?

How about you go back to RTS-C and leave the big boys alone?

Steam-ahhyeaa

#50 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:48 PM

How about you go back to RTS-C and leave the big boys alone?

Was a joke tiger - take it easy   ;)

(trying to keep it light around here after the last couple days...haha)

• AwYea likes this

#51 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:50 PM

No problem- it's easy to miss sarcasm on message boards.

Steam-ahhyeaa

#52 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:06 PM

I triad RTSC also and that is really no bargin either and is pretty tough in its own right.

#53 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:10 PM

I triad RTSC also and that is really no bargin either and is pretty tough in its own right.

There are also some scenarios with RTS-C that are hard to explain how it's behaving "differently" all the sudden, much like the discussion here about RTS-M.  Interesting...

#54 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:12 PM

sounds just like the real thing :)

• AwYea likes this

Brendan

Admin for OGT fun tourneys

#55 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:13 PM

I did too and you're right. I still think if you looking for realism Motions Swing and RTS-M are steps above and simulator play is the ultimate.  I honestly don't care how tourneys are paired up. Just throwing my honest thoughts around on what i see in the game.

• Greensboronclion likes this

Steam-ahhyeaa

#56 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:15 PM

sounds just like the real thing :)

Well.... sort of...  More like it seems as though there are some behind the scenes variables that are possibly impacting the RTS swing types perhaps.

#57 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:27 PM

As bad as it is right now I will still play my final three rounds of the OGT RTS Event as hell it can't get any worse. Now my caddie Leonard is another story as he has been in a drunken stupper since my last round and heard him say Dorf would whip my arse the way I am playing.

#58 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:29 PM

I did too and you're right. I still think if you looking for realism Motions Swing and RTS-M are steps above and simulator play is the ultimate.  I honestly don't care how tourneys are paired up. Just throwing my honest thoughts around on what i see in the game.

So when you say "realism" what do you mean exactly?  

The cool thing that I've noticed is that I'm seeing a good mix of 3C, RTSM and RTSC at the tops of the leaderboards so that tells me that the difficulty must be closer than some might think.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#59 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:58 PM

So when you say "realism" what do you mean exactly?  

My thoughts exactly...  None the swing types offer "realism" other than the Simulator with "real" golf clubs.

#60 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:05 AM

I hear ya Greens.  I started the comp with a -2 which as by far and away my best round so far at pro level RTS-M and I thought I'd cracked it.  I followed it up with a more realistic +6 which I was still fairly pleased with but having just posted a +16 in round 3, it's back to the drawing board for me too. :)

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users