#121 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:20 AM

...and what a wonderful, upstanding and complete offspring he will have by then - exalted and deified the world over.  

Even though I'll be a brain in a jar in twenty years I will be mixing it with the best on PG in the beautiful future where there ain't no short-handle shovels, where they hung the jerk who invented work and Scarlett is forever young

#122 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:38 AM

We're not letting Scarlett go that quickly. You'll have Audrey, don't be greedy.

#123 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:04 AM

Some of us need an epidural waiting for this game I think

#124 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

I'm afraid I was wrong when I said Mike hoped to be still working on PG in 10 years time. 

He said, "I still want to be working on and improving PG 20 years from now."

Call me selfish, shimonko, but he should be pushing hard for pot bunkers in CF in the next two weeks.

Ted, is Jim Boags an alter ego of yours and are you conducting fake dialogues? If so, please persist, they make for very pleasant reading on life on another planet. If not, sorry about this, Jim.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#125 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:29 AM

I hate to mention it, but I see pot bunkers are planned for version 27 to be released in 2033, on the 100 year anniversary of when the term 'bunker' became formally defined in the rule book.

• TheBigYin519 likes this

#126 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:08 AM

And so it goes.

I thought I would drag up the old Rubbish thread one more time before laying it to bed and reflect on the long winter of waiting that the hardy few have endured together as we await the imminent arrival of the rescue ship HMS Early Access.

I liken those long cold times to what the crew of Shackleton's "Endurance" ..well..endured. We huddled together as the chilling winds of the forum swirled. Our beards grew longer and shaggier over our rolled neck jumpers and there were times when no-one said a word for days on end as we became lost in our own thoughts about what to post next. We told tales and tried to amuse one another. There was Kablammo who would pull out his concertina and give us some colourful tunes like "The Ballard of Willow Heath". There were intelligent insights and opinions from Dazmaniac and IanD and stern admonishments from Davefevs when we got rowdy. We learned so much about each other as you would in this confined and intimate space. I was surprised to learm shimonko knew both Teds - Ball and Mack and that our knighted companion Sir James Boags lived nearby to me, in the muddiest place on earth. I took on the role of telling tales from history and more - and tried to question and stimulate our weary minds as the funk of the winter of waiting enveloped us.

Or maybe like the 1972 Andes plane crash when we never knew when or if we would ever be rescued. Although we didn't resort to eating each other, there were a few nibbles. It was finally left to Mike 'Nando Parrado' Jones to show us the way out.

And now that we are so close to rescue everyone has livened up and the place is full of chatter and expectation as we start to think about our lives to come and how different it will be albeit with the slightest tinge of sadness at the memories we are leaving behind.

But onto the future.

I am very pleased to hear the philosophy of Perfect Golf and the team's vision and their push towards realism. My personal agenda once I get my hands on it is to make the challenge as hard as possible for myself. I want to see what sort of scoring I can achieve without any sort of aids such as grids. The only camera view I will have on is from behind the avatar and with just the minimum of aiming aids. I would like to be able to aim from the tee. The overhead mini-map is ok as it is more or less what a yardage book is like. I'll spend a bit of time on the practice fairway if there is one available but I am really interested in what sort of scoring can be achieved at the most difficult settings. Hopefully down the track I, or someone else, can run a club with those challenging settings and maybe we will be able to determine just who are the most skillful golfers among us.

So farewell from the Rubbish thread along with Teddy Ball who will retire and will arise in the game under a new moniker.

Good luck and see you on the course.

#127 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:24 AM

I shot an 80 at Chrystal Pines today using motion swing with no aides.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#128 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:24 AM

Easy pins.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

#129 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:25 AM

Members tees.   :D

#130 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:28 AM

I'm excited

#131 Jim Boags

Jim Boags

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWoodford QLD Australia

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:13 AM

So,

As the white sheet slowly gets drawn up over the 'rubbish thread', Teddy, I have but one question.

What happens to Scarlet? Is there a future for her or has she been dealt the same fatal blow.

'SIR'.........James Boags

* Asus SABERTOOTH-Z97-Mark1/4 x DDR3/2 x PCI-E

* Intel BX80646174790 I7-4790,3.60GHZ,4Cores,8MB CACHE Processor

* Samsung 500 GB SSD 840 EVO SATA III 6Gbs 

* Asus STRIX-GTX 970-DC2OC-4GD5  graphics card

* Corsair 16GB (2x8's) DDR3 1600 MHz Vengeance Pro Series

* Corsair Hydro Series H 105 Liquid CPU cooler

* Corsair AX860i ATX Power Supply

* LG 29UB65-P 29in AH-IPS, 2560x1080 resolution monitor

* Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

#132 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:56 AM

Scarlett lives on in my heart (and a secret folder)

#133 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:05 AM

Haunting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users