105 replies to this topic

#101 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:22 AM

Wow really impressive. After my post it only took 3 more before it starts all over again then 11 more posts of the same crap. Bravo guys what an accomplishment. 

"Unfortunately, I don't have moderator privileges for this forum. If I did, I'd delete many of the responses." Richard if I had the authority there would be a policy of ZERO TOLERANCE of personal attacks and the first offense  would be a penalty of being banned for a month. The second offense 3 months and the third time would be the last. 

This whole issue is getting way out of control and I'm afraid that since some can not or will not be respectful of each other and simply will not play nice with each other then so be it. The only solution left is to simply remove the offenders from the community.  The whole community is being poisoned by this childish behavior to the point the forums are turning in to a joke.

Thanks guys for really taking this issue seriously, like I said really impressive.         

For pity's sake can't someone put a stop to all this backbiting and personal issue problem. If there's some kind of fearfulness about banning people then create a trolls board so these people can flame each other non stop if they want to. If there is a trolls board then just don't go to it if you're a reasonable, responsible person who wants to see lively but respectful discussion about issues, not personalities.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#102 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:42 PM

just can't believe some of you have not learned to ignore some of these posters here yet.

how long are you going to let them have what they want by stirring the pot,along with yourselves.

if you stop responding the problem will move on.

The problem with that Dave is these offenders are posting in threads that we have interest in so then you have to sift through all the garbage to actually get to a post that is rellevant to the topic. Oh sure you could put  them on the ignore list but the problem with that is that some of the offenders also do post things that are not attacks so you would be missing that post too. I think it would be far better if none of  us had to put up with the flame wars in the first place then there would be no need to filter anyone.  That at least is my take on it. 

• Keith likes this

#103 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:18 PM

The problem with that Dave is these offenders are posting in threads that we have interest in so then you have to sift through all the garbage to actually get to a post that is rellevant to the topic. Oh sure you could put  them on the ignore list but the problem with that is that some of the offenders also do post things that are not attacks so you would be missing that post too. I think it would be far better if none of  us had to put up with the flame wars in the first place then there would be no need to filter anyone.  That at least is my take on it. 

Also, even with offending members placed on Ignore, so many choose to indulge them.  When they quote and reply the posts wind up being displayed regardless.  I don't know what the answer to the problem is, I have seen this happen before on forums when lines are drawn in the sand and grudges are held. I am sure we all have.  I do know this forum is just not very fun anymore.  It seems like every other topic gets steered off a cliff.

Anyway, back on topic, i remember the mods posting a few months ago the CF beta general release should be out by Christmas.  It would be nice to know what changed.  Or maybe they meant Christmas '16? :)   One day I guess...

#104 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:20 PM

Also, even with offending members....

....I don't know what the answer to the problem is

The best that can be done is reporting posts and hopefully the posters in question will ultimately get moderated and perhaps at some point banned if the behavior doesn't change.

#105 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:01 PM

Also, even with offending members placed on Ignore, so many choose to indulge them.  When they quote and reply the posts wind up being displayed regardless.  I don't know what the answer to the problem is, I have seen this happen before on forums when lines are drawn in the sand and grudges are held. I am sure we all have.  I do know this forum is just not very fun anymore.  It seems like every other topic gets steered off a cliff.

Anyway, back on topic, i remember the mods posting a few months ago the CF beta general release should be out by Christmas.  It would be nice to know what changed.  Or maybe they meant Christmas '16? :)   One day I guess...

And that i what I thought too as you said there ws mention of being released sooon after Christmas and then we heard the whole pay to play with user courses was the hold up. That seemed to be resolved so again it does make one wonder what the reson  is for it not being released now ?  

#106 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:29 AM

Beta testers are still losing work due to CF bugs etc so it's not ready for a public beta in our opinion. Of course we would love CF to be out asap as it's good for everyone but if it's not ready, it's not ready.

• Richard, mcthommo, Adam T1 and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users