#21 SReesor

SReesor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationLake Huron, Ontario, Canada

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:51 AM

Hole 1 Behind the green; green slopes off, bunker at front.

Green complexes are best guestimates at this point; I think this one has to much slope however.My3fXnS.jpg

RTS-M Pro/Bare

#22 SReesor

SReesor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:53 AM

Hole 2 Par 3

Black - 200 yds

wiIrIRT.jpg

RTS-M Pro/Bare

#23 SReesor

SReesor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:55 AM

Hole 2 Long is not good, bunker at back, slopes off the back into dune sand toward the sea.ZchYwjZ.jpg

RTS-M Pro/Bare

#24 SReesor

SReesor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:00 AM

9 holes detailed; back nine textured, without grasses/trees/bushes and I'm at 2M tris...I suppose its time to compromise and cut back on grasses. Also working on what it looks like under different lighting conditions.

An example at noon: Hole 3 fairway/landing area looking back on Tee's

eZlUebj.jpg?1

RTS-M Pro/Bare

#25 SReesor

SReesor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:28 AM

Hole 3 Par 5

Black - 530 yds right (sea side of hole)

NIPNpGp.jpg

RTS-M Pro/Bare

#26 SReesor

SReesor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:41 AM

Hole 3 behind green

Having issues with bunkers achieving a decent look. Smallest brush still results in 'jagged' edges; if I move out in scene view when trying to place sand in 'depression' it leaves a 'washed' out semi-transparent look at the perimeter of the bunkers. How do you achieve a decent look? This bunker needs smoothing as well. Having pot bunkers in CF would obviously help. That being said, for fairway bunkers I have made them deep, often with a canted configuration with the 'forward' lip of the bunker higher than the back. So far I have made most of the fairways extremely generous in width which doesn't punish an errant drive, but the terrain itself is very bumpy and undulating which will produce somewhat unpredictable roll-outs under fast (hard) settings. 

Greens are also (for the most part) quite large with little to no difference between the green itself and 'aprons'. 

yYR1Hs0.jpg

RTS-M Pro/Bare

#27 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

Hole 3 behind green

Having issues with bunkers achieving a decent look. Smallest brush still results in 'jagged' edges; if I move out in scene view when trying to place sand in 'depression' it leaves a 'washed' out semi-transparent look at the perimeter of the bunkers. How do you achieve a decent look? This bunker needs smoothing as well. Having pot bunkers in CF would obviously help. That being said, for fairway bunkers I have made them deep, often with a canted configuration with the 'forward' lip of the bunker higher than the back. So far I have made most of the fairways extremely generous in width which doesn't punish an errant drive, but the terrain itself is very bumpy and undulating which will produce somewhat unpredictable roll-outs under fast (hard) settings. 

Greens are also (for the most part) quite large with little to no difference between the green itself and 'aprons'. 

yYR1Hs0.jpg

You'll struggle to get decent bunkers without CF.  Looks like you're getting the hang of Unity though and that'll go a very long way once you get your hands on CF. :)

#28 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:36 AM

Gary's right, Unity doesn't do fine, sharp lines, but CF does.

If there are any CF beta invites left you're sure to be included,

you've shown your desire and that's enough. Good Luck

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#29 SReesor

SReesor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:39 AM

Thanks GN. 

I recall your early posts of your bunker work prior to you getting CF...still trying to get to that level.

One other thing I have noticed is the look of the course when working in the scene view, and when in 'play'. I understand differences in lighting, but a screenshot in play is what I have trying to work with, go back, make some tweaks, back into play.

Camera settings...another language I'm trying to get my head wrapped around.

RTS-M Pro/Bare

#30 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:58 AM

Few Tips for you SReesor

Its great your learning Unity, will be very beneficial for you when cf comes around

Cf will have the stock textures for you but the courses will look similar with all the same textures 

so its great if we can make our own 

I would suggest you go learn Photoshop or similar as well , and learn how to create seamless textures. K11 has a great video series on how to capture screen shots from Bing maps or i Use Google earth.

Then open them in ps or similar and create seamless textures

This way you can make your own individual textures which will be very unique, i scanned all over the world and made some really good  textures 

Theres a few courses you have probably seen that have there own textures and they are unique in there own way and look fantastic 

you can create textures for,  F/ways,rough,rocks,mountains,sand,bunkers,pine needles,dirt, etc etc etc 

Only a suggestion for you mate

Others are into animation and making objects as well  , rocks, waterfalls, birds, all sorts , thats something i have to learn to , i need more time , 

Keep up the great work buddy

Stephen

#31 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:13 PM

Playing with the camera and the in play settings will become redundant when you have CF as you do all of your tweaking based on what you see in PG. 

I seem to remember though, that dropping a first person controller into the scene and playing with the camera on that was the best way for me to get a feel for what I was designing, pre CF...

#32 SReesor

SReesor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:56 PM

Thanks Stephen and Gary, I will venture deeper into Photoshop, and review the CF forum topics with tutorials on seamless textures.

I'll post more pics tonight and as regularly as I can and invite ongoing critical review and suggestions.

This one below will be a 'before' and I'll see what I can do with thinning out grssses and improving the look of the sand in the distance (still not happy with it) This is wide left off the 3rd fairway (the first par 5)zW2WXkC.jpg

RTS-M Pro/Bare

#33 SReesor

SReesor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:16 AM

On going work within Unity...cANVryJ.jpg

RTS-M Pro/Bare

#34 SReesor