149 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:09 PM

We are pleased to announce the latest release of Perfect Golf 1.3.9.4 which will be released later today...(Sun)

This build is a major upgrade on 1.3.9.3 dispite the minor increment since we are reserving 1.4.0.0 for our release version.  In this build

New Features

Added selectable Golf Balls to the Store / Player Configurator
Added a new default Swing Meter with a fill rather than an arrow to eliminate the stuttering caused on some machines. We left the old swing meter in there for those who prefer it.  IT is selectable in the same device location and is called Swing Meter Pointer
All new controller integration to allow for better control with the controller
Added support for inviting friends in pre game from the controller.  This can be done by selecting them from the player slots or by navigating to the Friends Tab.  Use X button to Toggle between Chat area and rest.
Added move ball on Tee - Move mouse over ball position and cursor will change click where you want the ball moved too.  Clicking in front of the tee box will not move the ball.  For the controller use Left Trigger in Dpad Up to swap between move ball mode and aim stick when on tee.  Once in move ball mode depress left stick (RH Mode) to activate the ball and use stick to move ball around.  Press A to complete 
Added new check on joining online game to make sure users have the same course file
Added new check on tournaments to make sure the course version is correct version for that tournament

Performance Improvements

Reduced the size of the network packets being transferred by about 0.3Gig per player in an 18 hole match
Reduced the size of the game files from 755Meg to around 450 Meg.  Hopefulyl without changing anything from the user end.  We hope this will help with performance.
Reduced: Memory footprint of the course slider by 300MB
Reduced Audio Memory Footprint by 20MB
Removed News download while in game
Increased Network timeout to assist with loading on slow machines avoiding disconnect from host

SkyTrak Integration Improvements

Reduced number of false shot detections
Reduced requirement to rearm a lot of the time
Added .Net 4.5 to support Skytrak app (will not work on XP)
Added support for Handedness in game to skytrak

Bug Fixes

Fixed Score Reporting Multiplayer issue where host would not report his score
Fixed: PROS not resetting when changing shot type
Fixed: Motion Swing / Swing Meter Help Screens
Fixed:  Carousel going through all the course to get one step back
Added: 15 second auto refresh on leaderboard while active to remove any unknown names
Fixed MaxTreeLOD slider not changing the actual in game quality
Fixed Store Images No Showing or being cropped + all new store images
Fixed Clothing Defaults Button
Fixed Hazard Spelling in Post Shot screen
Fixed Practice Screen
Fixed Removed Right Menu Bar in Controller Mode
Fixed Ball placements when playing alternate shot
Fixed Controller being uplugged and plugged back in
Fixed controller detection and selection 
Fixed Team games players being shown at different heights to pin
Fixed Team Games ball not being moved correctly
Fixed problem rejoining a game after cancelling at the password box
Fixed Green grid selections not behaving correctly
Fixed issues with game starting if perfectparallel.com is down for any reason
Fixed UI issues with Practice Mode.

• Fairwayman, cajuncapgun, Wirenut48 and 7 others like this

#2 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:23 PM

Sounds good Andrew thanks for the heads up an hopefully that lag issue will not be as much of an issue for most players with this update.

Now since you sort of let the cat out of the bag."  since we are reserving 1.4.0.0 for our release version. " Here it comes... So when is the release date going to be? ;). You knew that someone was going to catch that and the inevitable question was sure to follow. :)

#3 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:33 PM

1.3.9.4 + 6 more builds = 1.4.0.0

So 6 more builds until final rel.?

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#4 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:50 PM

Thank You PP!! Very nice Sunday surprise!

#5 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:08 PM

Who said anything about 6 more builds?

#6 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

I think they are simply reserving the possibility of six more builds. No one, not even PP, knows how many more builds till 1.4.0.0 "official full" release would be my guess. Some could be simple hot fixes so I would say they are really close to full release. It will not be a "final" release anyways as the expectation is that they will continue to support the game and release builds even after 1.4.0.0. I'm excited to see how this build preforms. Thank you for all your hard work PP.

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#7 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:45 PM

Controller users, you're going to appreciate what your controllers can now do in this build!  The integration is a lot more seamless now. Accidentally disconnect your controller or it times out?  No problem, you can reconnect it or resync it without having to restart the game.

• DivotMaker likes this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#8 sandybunker

sandybunker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:00 PM

I still participate in the development build of arma 3 and that went full release nearly 3 years ago. The base game gets constantly tweaked and updated. the choice is there if you want to purchase dlc. Certainly a better way of doing things rather than a new release once a year like you other well known rip off console games.

I7 3770k

8GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 670

240GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD

#9 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:00 PM

This build is gonna be awesome.  A guy with upload speeds of just .6 mb DSL can now host a game.  

For api tournaments, we can now use course hash codes.  You must have the exact course and version, downloaded from OGT, in order to start OGT tournament rounds.

For regular lobby games, clients must have the exact same course and version as the host.

• Fairwayman likes this

#10 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:01 PM

Thanks guys! Particularly looking forward to the swing meter and grid fix. Maybe the map will stay on if you want it to as well?

#11 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:14 PM

For regular lobby games, clients must have the exact same course and version as the host.

That will definitely cause some early chaos with the number of versions that have been released so far!  :lol:

• zmax - sim likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#12 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:25 PM

Awesome news Andrew and Beta testers! Can't wait to get my PG fix this afternoon..... ;)

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#13 charliecat

charliecat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Locationsouthend on sea

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:06 PM

Thank you what a fantastic game.

#14 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:55 PM

Sounds good Andrew thanks for the heads up an hopefully that lag issue will not be as much of an issue for most players with this update.

Now since you sort of let the cat out of the bag."  since we are reserving 1.4.0.0 for our release version. " Here it comes... So when is the release date going to be? ;). You knew that someone was going to catch that and the inevitable question was sure to follow. :)

FFS give the guys a break!

#15 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:14 PM

I guess it all depends how many interim private test builds we have in the private beta branch group at 1.3.9.5 then 1.3.9.6 then 1.3.9.7 then 1.3.9.8 and also 1.3.9.9

Or should we just say SOON.

#16 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:39 PM

LOL! 5:21 PM EST USA.  Still impatiently waiting.  I am overjoyed that the api fix is almost here.  Love the new - move golf ball on the tee - feature being included in this update.  And with the improved coding that makes the game run better or smoother is imo a huge step forward.  

Thank you Dev team.  And thanks to the beta folks for your work too.  And I thank me for being patient .. Oh! wait thats just wrong Denny!  Sorry!

My new Chromebook made this post.  LOL!  Had an out of body experience. 

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#17 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:04 PM

I don't want to jinx anything here, but in one of the many multiplayer tests I was involved in last week, was this 4 man Greensome Skins match with the host in the UK on a fairly crappy connection, the rest of us all here in the States.  Our pings to the host remained in the 100ms to 160ms range the entire game.  We had one minor little ball flight stutter one on approach shot on the ninth.  I had to be told about it, cause I, quite frankly, didn't see it.  I think this update is pretty rock solid.

• fungolfer and DivotMaker like this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#18 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:22 PM

It's out!

#19 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:39 PM

55254841.jpg

• Briso likes this

#20 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:41 PM

For the record, I might be the first person in the Perfect Golf world to buy some Perfect Golf DLC.  I bought the OnCore Avant Ball last night via the Pro Shop, when it was made availabe for purchase in the Beta version.  I did it just to see if it would work, but it's a cool looking ball and it reportedly is a little easier to hit straight (which I need a lot of help with as an RTS-C player), at the cost of some distance loss.  I also did it just to test that it would work, but it might turn out to ultimately be one of the most superfluous purchases I've ever made ^_^  

• Greensboronclion likes this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users