HE COULD....... :P :D

#43 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:56 AM

Those experiencing any issues, try exiting the game and allowing it to resync, and then restarting the game.

I have noticed during several updated builds being tested, sometimes the initial opening of the game doesn't allow things to 'settle'. The update still has the previous game settings, and needs another restart to almost 'let go' of the previous application start.

This should be a common approach to most anyway, because of the Early Access. If you do find anything, see if you can repeat it. If so, detail as much as you can, with either a video or screenshot to help explain, clearly, what the issue is. Ideally too, see if you notice other users experiencing something similar and aim to collate the experience in one thread rather than keeping your own record in other threads. This isn't a tweeting system where we follow posts by specific people..... you'll stand out by the content rather than the amount of posts.

#44 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:03 AM

Not to pile on, especially as I won't get to try the update for a few days, but not being able to hide the avatar is a definite step backwards.

And as others have already mentioned, FreeCam and other views really aren't a substitute at all for the view right behind the ball, but with no avatar blocking the way.

Is there perhaps a semi transparent avatar or something in the works instead?
Something else?

+ 1 agreed

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#45 Rackme32

Rackme32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:14 AM

I played several rounds after grabbing the update.  The new meter is awesome, and the overall frame rates *mayy* be slightly better, an important thing on my machine which is only a little better than mniimum specs.

Playing with the pause-render on as I always do, I had maybe two or three slight meter stutters in 250-300 shots, instead of the five or ten per round I was getting before. 

Haven't tried moving the ball on the tee...  Haven't successfully joined an online game (but that may be operator error on my part, since I hadn't tried since the very first days of the game and I'm kinda clueless on how to set that up, or even if I have to do anything to my puter settings to have it work).

But the basic solo-play 3-click game is just...  awesome.

• SouthCityGolf likes this

Went to Digital Storm and ordered me up a nice gaming machine :)

Intel i3 chip at 3.9G

16 gig DDR4 RAM

GeForce 970 GTX 4gig vid card

240G SSD

1TB HD

Windows 10

It's HERE!!  JNPG runs great with all the bells and whistles at max or close to it...  I still turn 3D render off for the swing, tho.

#46 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:55 AM

Finally I understand that the ball on top of a ball bug in multiplayer when your playing partner adjusted his aim has not been fixed so hopefully that will be.

I second this. I'm really tired of seeing stacks of balls on every tee in a multiplayer game! It may not be game breaking but it is really irritating. I thought for sure that they would fix this in the next update as it is so frequent and repeatable.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#47 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:10 AM

I bought the ball, took it to the range and I can't see any difference at all. I've been told that it's not actually going to work until later this week? Come on PG, give us a description of what the new ball is supposed to do, and can someone confirm it actually does something different from the standard ball?

#48 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:34 AM

Where were the official announcements regards the new ball?

#49 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:52 AM

Where were the official announcements regards the new ball?

I've not seen an official announcement Daz, just the ability to purchase the new ball with unknown qualities. d8^)

#50 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:05 AM

So I just tried the advised method of reading a long putt where the avatar is in the way. I used F5 but as we predicted, when you move forward enough to "hide" the avatar, you can't see the whole putt, so No, it doesn't work.

#51 charliecat

charliecat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Locationsouthend on sea

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:39 AM

Please how do set the old swing metre back.

#52 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:51 AM

In SETTINGS

then CONTROLS

then Swing Type

New Meter is Swing Meter   Old Meter is Swing Meter Pointer

• SouthCityGolf likes this

#53 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:52 AM

Please how do set the old swing metre back.

Settings, Control, Swing Type = Swing Meter Pointer

Richard

Posted Image

#54 charliecat

charliecat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

Thank you :D

#55 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:41 AM

Played on Augusta and was getting average FPS around 45 with 60 high points whereas before the update a good average was 24 FPS with high point not much above that figure so thanks indeed.

Also the 3C seems pretty smooth. It seems slightly more difficult to stop at a certain point as opposed to the pointer system.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#56 charliecat

charliecat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:48 AM

new swing metre very hard to see in the sand because both yellow. Red would be better.

#57 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:55 AM

I've not seen an official announcement Daz, just the ability to purchase the new ball with unknown qualities. d8^)

The Devs always said that in Game purchases are not made to get you an advantage. These things are ment to personalize your player. And I really hope the devs didn't change their minds in that point cause I wouldn't like to see another Shot Online or WGT where your own skill meens nothing but your wallet does.

Who cares...

#58 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:15 PM

Just like IRL there is no magic bullet. Our game DLC purchases will have advantages and disadvantages.

#59 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:19 PM

I bought the ball, took it to the range and I can't see any difference at all. I've been told that it's not actually going to work until later this week? Come on PG, give us a description of what the new ball is supposed to do, and can someone confirm it actually does something different from the standard ball?

It's obvious what the new ball does and it is already functioning as designed. It removes money from your wallet.

• Armand and SouthCityGolf like this

#60 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:20 PM

Did I miss it in the game where it tells us why we would want to purchase an item? Xis there a description for each item that explains it's attributes?

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users