#64 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:01 PM

Looks like a 2 dollar ball to me.  :)

Hey, thank goodness it is not a "3 dollar bill"..... ;)

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#65 stringb

stringb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:18 PM

Love the Nicklaus tie-in.  I have played them all since Links 386, but by far the one I played the most was good ol' GBC.  Check my avatar.  And now after all this time I can once again say to my long-time online golf buddy, "Let's play some Jack!"

• mebby likes this

#66 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:00 PM

Love to have a heads up on what we can look forward to now that Nicklaus is on board (and perhaps an ETA if possible).

#67 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:23 PM

Love to have a heads up on what we can look forward to now that Nicklaus is on board (and perhaps an ETA if possible).

The standard answer = soon!!! :D

Richard

Posted Image

#68 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:58 AM

Thanks Richard. Kinda woulda thought they would have announced this move in a more spectacular way...but...

#69 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:50 AM

Thanks Richard. Kinda woulda thought they would have announced this move in a more spectacular way...but...

Me too!!

Richard

Posted Image

#70 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:00 AM

http://steamspy.com/app/288140

that graph isn't a good sign. Does that mean, that players are deleting the game already?

#71 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:15 AM

Happens with every game , Frank, no worries..the ones that leave, i say good riddance.

I think when the game is more finished, there might be an influx of golflovers wanting to play it.

will need a bit of time, my personal opinion is they went gold too soon.

i am still waiting for some reviews from the magazines, and golfing sites, these will be much more realistic(i hope).

#72 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

http://steamspy.com/app/288140

that graph isn't a good sign. Does that mean, that players are deleting the game already?

I've been following that and I must admit, I find it quite a bit disappointing.  I took it to mean that the reduced number of owners meant people were getting refunds for it, but right now it shows that there are almost 2,000 fewer owners of Perfect Golf than there was the day before the release version came out!?  I have to wonder are people really that put off with the game in its "release" condition?  I know it had some baggage that I thought left it less than what I would consider to be release status, but even at that, I still consider it to be the best golf game I've ever played.  This is just a real head-scratcher  :huh:

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#73 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:36 PM

It seems there needs to be a feedback so the developers can take in what the unhappy custermers didn't like about the game and asked for a refund or quit playing...so they might can fix what the issues might be..I would tend to think that maybe most would be players not really into golf,a lack of a manual or guide to help newbies...so when they first get into the game they have no idea on what the settings are and where to set them to give the best gameing exsperince..maybe they just don't like it and thought it was like the older tw games were u can put spin and buy urself better clubs and balls..hard to say..

#74 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:39 PM

The steam numbers are well known to be inaccurate (by us at least) so I wouldn't spend too much time extrapolating theories from them!

• DivotMaker likes this

#75 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:45 PM

It seems there needs to be a feedback so the developers can take in what the unhappy custermers didn't like about the game and asked for a refund or quit playing...so they might can fix what the issues might be..I would tend to think that maybe most would be players not really into golf,a lack of a manual or guide to help newbies...so when they first get into the game they have no idea on what the settings are and where to set them to give the best gameing exsperince..maybe they just don't like it and thought it was like the older tw games were u can put spin and buy urself better clubs and balls..hard to say..

Not sure what  older tw games your referring to for pc anyways. The only  tw game for pc that you could "buy" things for was TWO which was doomed from the start. All the other pc TW series had different balls and clubs, shafts, grips, but they all came with the game. Yes some balls had more spin but less distance the same with irons, some gave more spin but flew less distance. So one could taylor their set up but you sacrificed one thing to get somthing else. This is exactly what PP has stated they plan to do with the add ons here and I think it is a good choice.    

#76 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:51 PM

This dropoff is still a little bit disturbing. I really hoped for a significant jump in sales to widen the player base. Isn't the case, is it?

#77 flyer01

flyer01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:02 PM

Since the full release there has been a surge in new users and opinions and it kinda' gives an overall impression of what the Steam crowd is looking for. It doesn't matter what we think of them or their opinions, all that matters is if JNPG needs them or not. If they're needed then they will have to be catered to even if that means an arcade mode just for them. If they're not needed ( only JNPG knows that for sure) then never mind and carry on. 

ASUS ROG LAPTOP,  i7-4720HQ, G-sync IPS, 16GB, 1TB HDD, 256GB PCIEG2 SSD, GTX970M GDDR5, WIN. 8.1

#78 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:50 PM

Since the full release there has been a surge in new users and opinions and it kinda' gives an overall impression of what the Steam crowd is looking for. It doesn't matter what we think of them or their opinions, all that matters is if JNPG needs them or not. If they're needed then they will have to be catered to even if that means an arcade mode just for them. If they're not needed ( only JNPG knows that for sure) then never mind and carry on. 

Needed? Every customer brings money on the table.

#79 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

Not sure if there's another outlet to procure this information, but the general gist of the Steam reviews seems to be lots of stuff we've all talked about here.

- Graphics (sort of last gen looking in places, no 3d grass, water is basic, etc, etc)

- Bugs

- GUI (getting a refresh per Andrew)

- Confusion about playing the game when new

- Content (career mode/progression)

I think the Devs know the things that need to happen longer term honestly.  I really haven't come across one piece of review feedback that was totally novel...but I also haven't read every word admittedly.

#80 flyer01

flyer01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:31 PM

Needed? Every customer brings money on the table.

That's exactly my point. How many customers are needed to bring in the revenue needed to be successful? Are just the hardcore enthusiasts looking for a sim enough in the long term? If not then we need the steam crowd as well.

ASUS ROG LAPTOP,  i7-4720HQ, G-sync IPS, 16GB, 1TB HDD, 256GB PCIEG2 SSD, GTX970M GDDR5, WIN. 8.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users