#161 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:08 PM

Thanks JoeF. That's valuable information about swing path. 

Very solid round Joe Bradley. Played the Par 5s well (16 in particular) and putted well too. Great BARE golf. It's interesting watching you line up putts. I'm thinking to myself, "1 cup outside left edge" now that I know how the green breaks. Your game speed reflects your confidence. I think I waste a lot of time standing over the ball paralysed with fear.

#162 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:18 AM

I played a few holes with StoneComet this morning completely BARE of course. The match was so much more realistic without stuff on the screen and the fact that all shots were judgements based on what you see in front of you. There was something about it that was more competitive knowing that your opponent wasn't going to slide rule their golf. You actually expect to be given opportunities to win the hole because you know the shots won't be dropping on the pin.

Don't tell them about my first hole Stone.

#163 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:43 AM

hey ted,well ive tried everything i can think of,but i can no longer get to the bare website.i dont know what changed but yours is the only one i cant access anymore.i guess ill drop out until i can sort this out.i do appreaciate you starting this up,its a great way to play.cheers mate.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#164 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:01 AM

That's weird Skunky. I click the Sign On link in the first post and it goes straight to the site no problems.

#165 spy88

spy88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:48 PM

Was actually considering signing up until I saw you're excluding 3C from it.  I'm sure you have your reasons Ted but this restriction (IMO) will limit participation from many JNPG players that can only use 3C because of any of several issues...(mine is nerve damage).

#166 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:07 PM

I can't speak for Ted, but one reason might be that the 3 Click meter disappears from the screen when the HUD is turned off.          

#167 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:21 PM

Was actually considering signing up until I saw you're excluding 3C from it.  I'm sure you have your reasons Ted but this restriction (IMO) will limit participation from many JNPG players that can only use 3C because of any of several issues...(mine is nerve damage).

Yeah, the whole concept is to go without the HUD, so swing types that require the HUD can't play this mode.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#168 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:58 PM

Well to be honest I wasn't trying to attract any one who doesn't use RTS - M or H.

My sense of realism extends to the method of play. Other people's sense of realism is another world. I've tried never to disparage 3C or even RTS-C - well not directly anyway - but I fail to see any way a 3C could convey the feeling of swinging a club and I can't compare clicking to RTS in the latter's ability to move the ball in the air with an 'analogue' type swing. I'm sorry if people don't have the inability to use RTS. And because the gauge of 3C, or MS for that matter, can't be seen renders this question redundant but has still allowed me to confess the above.

As for RTS-C - I'm simply not convinced that the use of a controller (without tempo) can possibly be classed with a mouse swing. 

As a test for the ability of players to score convincingly without any HUD it is a success (albeit at Pro level). 

#169 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:29 AM

http://imgur.com/VwKjKqx

HEY GUYS,i have a challange for you to try. just played my first bare round on tour pro  level at wingedfoot,all i can say is wow!you should all try this and post your scores here,just for fun.i can truly say ive have never had so much fun playing this game. every ounce of mental energy and skill will be needed ,very much like real life golf.tour pro is a whole new ball game.i set the conditions i used at the bottom of the scorecard image.i hope you all try this at least once,youll be glad you did.

ted,im still unable to get to the web site,if there are any more rounds i need to finish up ,could you let me know thru here.thanks!

ooh and the stimp was 12.

Edited by quadet63, 28 August 2016 - 05:31 AM.

• Ted_Ball likes this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

#170 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:45 AM

Sounds interesting. Skunky...I'm trying to figure out why you cannot go  here: http://baregolf.site88.net/

It seems to me there must be something in your browser settings preventing you from connecting to the BARE site. I connect no issues using chrome. Did you add some new browser firewall app or something recently?

The reason I am concerned is that you are a very active BARE player. We need to play some BARE rounds together sometime. Maybe even the the 3 of us or 4 if you count in Joe Bradley. We could even play on each others home courses. I hope you get it all worked out. I'm just getting the hang of PRO so TOUR PRO will eat me up but I'll give it a go.

Cheers

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#171 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:18 PM

Sounds interesting. Skunky...I'm trying to figure out why you cannot go  here: http://baregolf.site88.net/

It seems to me there must be something in your browser settings preventing you from connecting to the BARE site. I connect no issues using chrome. Did you add some new browser firewall app or something recently?

The reason I am concerned is that you are a very active BARE player. We need to play some BARE rounds together sometime. Maybe even the the 3 of us or 4 if you count in Joe Bradley. We could even play on each others home courses. I hope you get it all worked out. I'm just getting the hang of PRO so TOUR PRO will eat me up but I'll give it a go.

Cheers

hey stone,for the life of me i cant figure out what changed thats keeping me from getting to the site. its the only bookmark in chrome that wont work.ive even deleted chrome and reinstalled it with no success,im gona keep trying.

#172 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

This seems like such a fantastic way to play !!!  I wasn't even aware of the ctl-alt-u command.

Now if I could only get the freaking game to work.   :)

• StoneComet likes this

#173 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:27 PM

Needless to say I struggled at TOUR PRO level of difficulty. My Tempo was a bit off which did not help. On some holes I just flayed away at the ball to get through the hole. I really love this course and I did enjoy whacking it around, I'm just not comfortable with TOUR PRO. I much prefer PRO as I still struggle at that level sometimes already.

7n6I2Jal.png

@Harvester , just join the club. Go to http://baregolf.site88.net/

Sign up. Take some time and select a Home Course. You can even select the same Home Course as someone else if you really wanted too. Variety is nice though. Hope you stick around.

Anyone else playing this way up for a BARE Tournament at Winged Foot Pro Level with easier conditions. Make it real enjoyable and possible to go sub par.

2 rounds. Stroke play. I encourage that we play together live if possible.

Conditions for play would be:

BARE MOP

Pins: EASY

Stimp: 9

Gimmies: 2 (AUTO)

Handicaps: OFF

Tees: CHAMPIONSHIP

Firmness: SOFT

Auto Gimmie: ON

Mulligans: NO

Difficulty Setting: PRO

Weather Settings (recommended):

Dynamic Sky: ON

Time of Day: 9 AM

Length of Day: 24 HOUR

Real Time Weather: OFF

Cloud: BROKEN

Weather: CLEAR

Active Weather: ON

Wind: BREEZY

We could post our scores here.  :)

P.S. I just EDITED the WIND to BREEZY in case of any entry level participants that want to give this a go.

• Skunky and Ted_Ball like this

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#174 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:47 PM

Skunky...you only had an away game left against MiMiC at Mill Green (breezy, difficult, normal firmness, 12 stimp, 4pm)

#175 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:04 AM

Skunky...you only had an away game left against MiMiC at Mill Green (breezy, difficult, normal firmness, 12 stimp, 4pm)

thanks ted ill post my score here

#176 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:07 AM

I was hoping to get a few of my BARE rounds done this weekend, but the weekend has mostly slipped away from me.   I did manage to get my OGT rounds in for Week 1 of the playoffs; still possible that I might get one or two in tonight, but don't hold your breath in case ....

#177 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:16 AM

No problem Armand. No pressure at all. I'll leave the comp open until I come up with another irresistible plan. 

Meanwhile, I'll have a crack at Winged Foot, record it and make it available for challenging like the 'virtual dude' thread.

• StoneComet likes this

#178 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:05 AM

http://imgur.com/YXyVzV6

i saved the best for last.BARE  MOP is the greatest. i am having a ball ted.(no pun intended)

#179 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:51 AM

Excellent round Skunky.

#180 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:20 PM

Still hoping to get some live play out of the post for Winged Foot. I'll go ahead and play my first round soon as I make the time and record it when I do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users