• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#61 jlcole

jlcole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:14 AM

Is anyone else having problems with motion swing after this update? About 1 out of 4 swings results in a snap hook or hard slice. I've tried it in practice mode, and even with a .25/0/0 swing, it does it without rhyme or reason. Out of 100 shots, it did it 25 or more times.

Did something change?

#62 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:19 AM

You have found  the anti cheat. 

• Bahnzo likes this

#63 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:28 AM

:(

It wasn't, I'm just hoping for it really, really, REALLY bad.

Same, I fancy myself a left handed player. Actually I'm hoping they fix the left stick of the controller bug even though I think I've been converted to RTSH because of the way the swing does a great job of emulating some of the intricacies of a swing. I just can't seem to make headway with RTSC and Xbox One Controller above Amateur difficulty. Funny thing is it might end up being the same with RTSH. I just seem to be enjoying the swing better with RTSH than controller and I'm a real controller die hard for golf games.

I switch the handedness so that I swing left to right and it feels very natural now if I could only keep a beat so a left handed avatar would do well with that. Before you know it fall will be here and development and populations should perk up. Thank you for your continued development of the game.

I'm hoping to see some progress with the RTSH swing as I would love to be able to settle in at Pro level one day. Plus I'm a BARE convert so I do play my "official" rounds at Pro. We will see how long I can hang at Pro for now but Amateur still looks enticing. I've got the bug though as I'm starting to spend a lot of time on the range and practicing courses. Well, I'm off to download the new version and get some more swings in.

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#64 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:32 AM

It seems that every controller I use (XB360, XB1, DS4) all show up as Xinput Device.  Seems odd to me seeing as how they all showed up appropriately before.

XB1 controller doesn't work properly when using Steam In-Home streaming (XB360 and DS4 work fine).  I've reported this separately.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#65 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:38 AM

You have found the anti cheat.

Also known as the anti play.
No seriously, as far as I know I don't cheat unless hitting over 100% is cheating (Don't edge). And by hitting over 100% if I'm a little to wiggly on my swing I pay the over 100 price. YOU GOTTA PUNISH THE LAW BREAKER NOT THE HONEST CITIZEN (or something like that). And by the way where is my goy ani?

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#66 Bahnzo

Bahnzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:46 AM

Ever since I started playing a month or so ago, I noticed on the practice tee the game knew exactly what your swing did. And I thought it would be easy to program in an anti-cheat that takes that information and uses it to detect players who have the exact same swing, over and over again. 

Looks like that's exactly what they did. Good job. Those players I'm sure will find ways around it, but I applaud the effort. It's about time a golf game did it. 

#67 jlcole

jlcole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:56 AM

You have found  the anti cheat. 

Huh? I use an $8 logitech mouse. No way to program it to cheat.

#68 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:07 AM

It seems that every controller I use (XB360, XB1, DS4) all show up as Xinput Device.  Seems odd to me seeing as how they all showed up appropriately before.

XB1 controller doesn't work properly when using Steam In-Home streaming (XB360 and DS4 work fine).  I've reported this separately.

Yes, Xinput is the updated way to detect controllers.  Before, PG was using an older way of detecting the devices.  I expect further refinement to come with the controller information.

• mebby likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#69 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:15 AM

Also known as the anti play.
No seriously, as far as I know I don't cheat unless hitting over 100% is cheating (Don't edge). And by hitting over 100% if I'm a little to wiggly on my swing I pay the over 100 price. YOU GOTTA PUNISH THE LAW BREAKER NOT THE HONEST CITIZEN (or something like that). And by the way where is my goy ani?

If you hit less than 100, is the shot ok?  You might be seeing a different issue.

Keep the reports coming...

#70 jlcole

jlcole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:30 AM

I learned better than to go over 100% long ago (esp with pro setting). That said, the error I'm experiencing happens regardless of whether you're short of or over the 100%, or even whether the tempo is a perfect .25 or not. Seems to be very irregular. Other MS'ers in my group are having the same problem.

PG has screwed the pooch on this one.

#71 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:45 AM

If you hit less than 100, is the shot ok?  You might be seeing a different issue.

Z, are you saying the penalty was increased because of a slight mis-hit shot. I know I had a few hooks at 100%- don't remember about under 100% whether hooked or not. Like I said before I almost felt like I was playing TP. Maybe go back to Hack where I'll be more comfortable if it stays like this.

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#72 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:48 AM

Z, are you saying the penalty was increased because of a slight mis-hit shot. I know I had a few hooks at 100%- don't remember about under 100% whether hooked or not. Like I said before I almost felt like I was playing TP. Maybe go back to Hack where I'll be more comfortable if it stays like this.

No, he just wants to know if you can hit straight under 100% or not.  We didn't run into your issue during testing is all.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#73 richybro

richybro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Locationglasgw

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:35 AM

I played with  a friend lastnight who has been playing MS for only 2 weeks on pro and he wasnt having the issues you guys are reporting about  MS he even hit his best score for 18 holes since he started MS , Do you guys check the console for messages when the you have the errors ?

#74 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:28 AM

How is the anti cheat immplemented in game.Just curious as it seems random I.e the hooks.Are any Rts.M players experiencing this?

#75 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:35 AM

When it kicks in, it randomly alters the ball flight's direction and amount of fad/hook.  So far, only 2 people(MS/RTS) have been affected.  

• JTee1 likes this

#76 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:52 AM

When it kicks in, it randomly alters the ball flight's direction and amount of fad/hook.  So far, only 2 people(MS/RTS) have been affected.  

I hope it is implemented properly. If the corridor of "too straight swings" is too big ... a lot of the players will be really annoyed. An absolutely perfect swing is possible. But only maybe 1 out of 10 or 20 times. Very good swings (straight swing plane, 100% power, 1-5 mishit heel/toe) are quite reproducable. I hope that these very good swings don't fall under the anti-cheat.

#77 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:10 AM

Just looked at it this morning. I by no means have the purest of strikes (usually a shade slow and with a path which brings it more or less back on line, with possibly a small draw if the path is particularly wide).

I am not seeing shots affected, am seeing no swing data at all showing in the console, and have produced a fair number of On Plane offsets on the range. Tested both on the range and on course. Same results from both.

My swing is delivered fairly fast (under 1 second from takeaway to ball strike) and for info my settings are 1.4 in-game sensitivity, Windows mouse motion setting at 3 from left, and with a dpi across both axis at 250.

#78 jmanuel10

jmanuel10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:17 AM

Hi,

After the update, my game console is not showing anymore and therefore not connected to SkyTrak.  Any help to fix it?

#79 fishwicket79

fishwicket79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:09 AM

Ever since I started playing a month or so ago, I noticed on the practice tee the game knew exactly what your swing did. And I thought it would be easy to program in an anti-cheat that takes that information and uses it to detect players who have the exact same swing, over and over again.

Looks like that's exactly what they did. Good job. Those players I'm sure will find ways around it, but I applaud the effort. It's about time a golf game did it.

couldn't agree more,oh no I can't hit straight anymore you ruined the game hahahaha cheating B......S

#80 Steve2golf

Steve2golf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:53 AM

I purchased this game early on and left as it did not have a swing type I particularity enjoyed. I returned a couple of weeks and found the RTMS. Completely enjoy this swing method, love it, great job folks.

I use a 6 dollar mouse purchased off geek, to my knowledge there is no setting to do anything, its just a solid mouse.

Anyway, I spent some time learning the basics both before patch and after patch, and last night after the patch i scored my first under par round on the pro level. Only hit half the fairways, and half the greens but i love this swing.

Anyway, I just thought I would report that the game works fine after the patch from this user, if anything I'm finding if I stay away from an over swing I have a little more control of the direction.

I will give a full glowing review in steam soon. TY for all your hard work team.

• Crow357, robbiet71 and Brendan like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users