#101 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

I'd like to see a new game mode where everyone accuses each other of cheating and whacks them over the head with their driver.

In the meantime you can vent out your frustrations on a friendly round of Whack-A-Mole at the nearest amusement park.

#102 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:42 PM

When I was playing in the current OGT tournament at Ridgeway Municipal I had a putt of a little over 3 feet.  When I putted it "whiffed", the ball went zero inches.  I have had this game for one year and that has never happened before.  I was so surprised I neglected to replay and record it.  Also, still getting stuttering although now it seems to come and go. 

RTSM - Pro

#103 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:50 PM

posts deleted - please do not discuss cheating methods on the forum thx.

• Fairwayman likes this

#104 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:20 PM

First of all I'm not accusing anyone of cheating or should anyone else either directly or indirectly (at least not here in the forum.

I went to driving range hit a few and seemed alright. Went out to finish the ogt round (maybe 5/6 holes to go) and all was alright until 17 and 18. Hooked both drives. Went to range afterwards and started to hit a bunch (actual hitting, not just using the info mode alone). Started off where hit 10 shots and all good. Hit some more to make sure and guess what - got a hook (a decent one too - went way beyond the markers. Here is the info which may surprise you:

Distance 292          Carry 260        Speed  167       Launch 11 degrees     Path  0 deg    Spin rate  2686     axis    -28 deg

I stopped right there on that hook. Do you need a file before I continue? Hope this helped.

Under or at 100% power.

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#105 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:21 PM

We are aware of some issues regarding the anti cheat system and have been able to replicate them. It's something we will be working on and will have a solution for very quickly.

• Fairwayman and Crusher like this

#106 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:24 PM

Pappy, 

Could you email me the file as well?

#107 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:36 PM

What file Z lol. Can you tell me what folder it's in and name of file. Andrew, do you want a copy too or maybe Z can send it, whatever. Also can you Z email me your email address.

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#108 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:31 PM

It's tough for me to admit this, but I'll never get to the point where I'd be able to sniff any inproprieties from an anti-cheat mechanism where a zero axis controller is involved.  When I'm on the practice range, I might see one "on-plane" swing out of 25.  I'd say my average swing path is a 4 degree inside-out deviation. 

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#109 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:37 PM

With an XB1 controller I get a hair more swing path deviation on average.  I'd say out of 25 shots (and I can and probably should track and document this so I'm not just guessing) I probably hit 4 or 5 on plane shots with the XB1 controller and I have 1ish shanks.  The rest are in the range of 2-3 degress off plane (can't say I've ever see a 1 degree off plane shot... wonder if that's even possible?).

With the DS4 my numbers are slightly better as discussed further up in the thread.  XB360 is just about the same as the DS4.

But I honestly think if I played more with the XB1 controller that my stats there would eventually fall in line with what I'm seeing using my DS4.  I just don't use it enough and I have to hold this controller completely differently that I do my DS4 in order to get a straight swing so it just comes down to practice and repetition I think.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#110 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:06 PM

Usga Has perameters set for equipment. Why cant it be the same for a video game. Why cant we measure how each player device transmitts the info to the game.  Set up three shots before each competitive round,That would be part of that round but not count for anything other than calibration of device to game parameters.  if some ones controller is twice as sensitive as someone elses the game would pick that up and adjust accordingly...this way  dpi could be set within certain parameters, different contollers and mice, could be used together with more sensitive ones dumbed down and less sensitive ones  could have sensitivity increased....again this would be all device specific based on what numbers that device give the game based on raw data...

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#111 scajjr29

scajjr29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNH, USA

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:12 PM

I look at at this way- what's the point of honing a repeatable swing if the game is going to think you're using some aid to do it? Who cares if someone cheats? if the guy you play against shoots 59 all the time, stop playing him.

Sam

• SirGrassCutter likes this

Desktop- MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair Hydro H150i Pro cooler, 32Gb DDR4-3600, ASUS 6900XT LC Hybrid, Corsair MP600 1Tb PCIe 4 NVMe (x 2), 850 EVO 1Tb, Corsair 750Gb SSDs & Hitachi 3Tb HDD ,EVGA 1000PG PSU,Monoprice 27772 32" 4K HDR monitor x2,Windows 10 Pro x64, Salient Arch Linux

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G  i7-6700HQ, 32Gb DDR4, 512Gb & 256Gb NVMe SSDs, GTX 1070 8Gb graphics, 17.3" 1080p G-Sync, Win 10 Pro x64,

XBox One X 1Tb w/2Tb external HDD, PS4 Pro 1Tb w/1Tb external HDD

#112 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

I have noticed with the update that the console window has changed.

It appears that my config file has not loaded - is that intentional or should I re-copy it across?

Also, why are the values now different, for example my gr_cellwidth has a value of 0 - I have tried to change it but it would not let me.

Edit - Just checked on the course and I cannot get a grid to show at all. As mentioned above, the value for it in the console window is 0 and it will not let me change it. Not sure of other console issues but there may be more.

#113 Steve2golf

Steve2golf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:27 PM

It's tough for me to admit this, but I'll never get to the point where I'd be able to sniff any inproprieties from an anti-cheat mechanism where a zero axis controller is involved.  When I'm on the practice range, I might see one "on-plane" swing out of 25.  I'd say my average swing path is a 4 degree inside-out deviation. 

I seen it once in 3 weeks, I thought I fckd something up.

On topic, I hate random, will leave the game in a heartbeat if its just a lottery, love this game in its present form as it would seem everything happens for an explainable reason. It's completely impossible to swing a mouse or controller on a 0 axis, even edging would not give a zero axis. If the game was programmed to balloon a zero axis shot, I'm all for it.

#114 Steve2golf

Steve2golf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:42 PM

No, go ahead and test away on the range. Report your findings.

Done, 3rd shot hello weeds. Love it, not sure it should wait till the 3rd shot though to be honest, I seen no reason for this to not occur on the first shot. Great job guys, great job, stand firm though.

#115 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:47 PM

I look at at this way- what's the point of honing a repeatable swing if the game is going to think you're using some aid to do it? Who cares if someone cheats? if the guy you play against shoots 59 all the time, stop playing him.

Sam

Not if it's serious focus in a serious tournament.  People who compete "seriously" want to excel.  If there is no anti-cheat method in place, then leaderboards are never reflecting "real skill".

Social players in groups all day long could care less about "true competition".  We have about 3 different categories of players. 1. Casual  2. Semi-Competitive 3. Competitive.  No different than excelling in any other sport or game. Practice and desire. That's the formula for a competitor who wants to win - and there are many of them.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#116 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:48 PM

OMG JC just use your CronusPRO i know you have one, what is ur problem with this?.

#117 fishwicket79

fishwicket79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:57 PM

I seen it once in 3 weeks, I thought I fckd something up.
On topic, I hate random, will leave the game in a heartbeat if its just a lottery, love this game in its present form as it would seem everything happens for an explainable reason. It's completely impossible to swing a mouse or controller on a 0 axis, even edging would not give a zero axis. If the game was programmed to balloon a zero axis shot, I'm all for it.

that's not true,it is possible to hit zero plane on controller but it happens once in a blue moon in Xbox one or ps4 controller

#118 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:10 PM

Update on missing grid - if I reboot game it comes back but ......

It comes back at size 1 - this is much bigger than I prefer (previously I had it on 0.65) - however any attempt to change anything in the console window results in the grid resetting back to 0 and not showing at all (even putting it back to 1 does not work) - you can see the grid icon on the right toggle on and off, but no actual grid displays.

Definitely related to the console window - and why cant you select a figure of less than 1?

#119 klmax

klmax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:13 PM

I clicked on Drop/rehit icon during a multiplayer game randomly.. the drop screen comes up and wont go away. Had to ctl alt del to get out of game.

#120 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:34 PM

I just played the first round at the OGT RTS tour pro tournament (RTS-M). I haven't found anything unusual. Played as normal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users