#41 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:44 PM

I'm glad their making an effort to stop the cheating. I 3 click and playing Pro its damn hard to keep your shot in the fairway. I played a guy a little over a week ago, I'm playing Pro and he was playing TP, he says hey I just got the game today I love it, and I could see why he hit every shot in the fairway using a controller. So I asked him what kind of controller he was using and he said an After Glow, witch I know is a zero access controller. So good for the dev's making an effort to put a stop to this.

Why is using a AFTER GLOW controller cheating?. when mouse boys can set whatever settings they like?.

• Jesus Jones likes this

#42 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:48 PM

We are still doing that along with other things.  But there's more to it than just sandbagging.  You can't police video gamers like you can in real life.  On PGA Tour, just about every player has a camera on them I think.

I'm glad their making an effort to stop the cheating. I 3 click and playing Pro its damn hard to keep your shot in the fairway. I played a guy a little over a week ago, I'm playing Pro and he was playing TP, he says hey I just got the game today I love it, and I could see why he hit every shot in the fairway using a controller. So I asked him what kind of controller he was using and he said an After Glow, witch I know is a zero access controller. So good for the dev's making an effort to put a stop to this.

zmax, I'm aware that the issue is not just 'sandbagging', I mentioned it only as an example. Unless I really don't understand the game, which I've been involved with as a tester prior to EA, I'm sure that there is absolutely no way one can detect whether someone is sandbagging or not other than someone who consistently scores unrealistically round after round. All I'm trying to get across is that there is really no way that one can accurately program an anti-cheat mechanism. It's all based on percentages of accuracy. The question then becomes is it 'accuracy' or 'cheating'. That, in my opinion is a judgment call, and who's to say that X% is accuracy and Y% is cheating. It's just too arbitrary and I think that one's personal judgment is as accurate as a programming algorithm. If as a tournament administrator one feels that a player is cheating, call him on it. If the trend continues, ban them. Dictatorial, absolutely, but hey, who says cheaters deserve justice.  :D

IDS, I hear you loud and clear, but there is so many variations of equipment available, I really think that it's unrealistic for the developers to try to program for each. I just don't believe that you can eliminate the 'human' decision maker from this issue. If cheating is suspected, caution the individual and if it continues, ban them. Harsh, yes, but I'm old enough to believe that there are situations where the accused must prove their innocence. 

• zmax - sim likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#43 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:53 PM

Why is using a AFTER GLOW controller cheating?. when mouse boys can set whatever settings they like?.

You present a very good point. If you read my posts on this issue you will see that I believe that dealing with cheating must involve human action, not computer action. IMHO, it just is not reasonable to expect PP to develop this program to impact various types of equipment. Who's to say that the PP decision makers are bias one way or the other. It's a never ending battle. Let the various communities deal with cheaters as they seem fit. If you don't agree with the actions of a particular community, fine, you can move to another community.

Richard

Posted Image

#44 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:15 AM

Anti cheat or not I will still suck and I will still play but PP had to do something to try and curb the cheating and yes there are people doing it and getting away with it.  I still say that if you eliminate the swing type in the OGT standings it will give people less to gripe about and we can all just play Perfect Golf.  We have to face facts that some people will cheat and keep trying to cheat no matter what we do as that is just some peoples nature and I personally just don't care anymore and as long as I can keep it near par and not totally embarrass myself I am content and I also no longer look at the leaderboard I look at my level and see how I am stacking up against players that are playing the level I am not another level where I am just not at.  The way the tour is setup now is fine for most of us and hey again its just a dang game.

#45 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:25 AM

zmax - sim

Tried to PM you but evidently you are 'maxed' out. Dump the BS in you messages so that you can receive my most important message. ;)

Richard

Posted Image

#46 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:31 AM

zmax - sim

Tried to PM you but evidently you are 'maxed' out. Dump the BS in you messages so that you can receive my most important message. ;)

Done.  :)

#47 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:26 AM

:D

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#48 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:30 AM

Not everyone tried... I never did, and never would. I would suggest that you focus your attention on your own behaviour alone, instead of implying that we are all imbued with your low ethical standards.

Stephen Sullivan, cajuncapgun, DivotMaker and 2 others like this

No, not everyone abused the loophole to exit out of the game before a bad shot finished so you'd essentially get a free mulligan in an EXTREMELY pitiful and lowly attempt to get to the top of a leaderboard. You see, there are many (I'd venture to say most) of us that enjoy fairly playing the game for good spirited competition. We don't spend out time trying to find ways to cheat, we spend our time trying to find ways to become better. Only the scummiest of scum did this and they were rewarded with a lifetime ban on OGT. But I don't need to educate you on this since you were the pioneer do I?

Losers focus on winners. Winners focus on winning. Think about that for a second... I imagine it might take someone like you some time to process that.

As the old saying goes: "Birds of a feather".

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#49 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:14 AM

In the tiny township of Murwillumbah on the banks of the mighty Tweed River council decided to beautify the CBD with young trees native to the area. Of course, within a few nights our night people scuttled out and snapped them in half. Council could have put more CCTV in at huge expense, increased security patrols, demand police presence while the silly old local buggas wanted to round them up and give them a good thrashing.

Council decided that each time a tree was damaged beyond help they would replace it from their nursery where saplings were bursting with life and abundant. No fuss, no posters with a sinister-looking, finger-pointing authoritarian male, no huge expense, no wasting time trying to throttle the night brethren. Within a month or so the vandalism stopped. They got bored with the stupid, mindless behaviour and moved on to other pursuits. The trees are now so big council has to trim them away from the power lines and the town lived happily ever after.

Isn't there something else to be going on with rather than bloody anti-cheat programs.

• richybro likes this

#50 fishwicket79

fishwicket79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:50 AM

Oh come on.....With all the crazy scores and stats and accusations of cheating, you can't blame people for trying to do something about.

exactly and looking at certain players stats once the cheat was implemented it goes to show that it worked,just a shame the mouse brigade were crying.

#51 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:03 AM

exactly and looking at certain players stats once the cheat was implemented it goes to show that it worked,just a shame the mouse brigade were crying.

The problem was it was registering false positives, I know I triggered them with both controller and mouse so it was removed for the time being.

People complaining about it when it's not working correctly is completely justified IMO.

• Fairwayman and frank70 like this

#52 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:11 AM

The problem was it was registering false positives, I know I triggered them with both controller and mouse so it was removed for the time being.

People complaining about it when it's not working correctly is completely justified IMO.

Keep on working on it. I had it triggered two times in an OGT round as well for no reason. It's not working 100% obviously but it was a good start to eliminate cheaters.
  • Brendan likes this

#53 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:45 AM

this anti-cheat mechanism surely triggers a lot of responses, some very very riciculous, but then

i am always in for a good laff.

#54 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:49 AM

My point is WHERE does it say i NEED use x, y, z controller to play this game? so calling people using different controllers cheats is silly there is NO 3rd party controllers for PCs, if you plug it in and it works good stuff.

#55 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:06 PM

So i see the anti cheat has been removed for the mouse guys, but stays in for the controller, why is this?

#56 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:16 PM

There is no way I can set my mouse to hit straight 100% of the time. But you can with a zero access controller because that is what they are designed to do.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#57 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:20 PM

There is no way I can set my mouse to hit straight 100% of the time. But you can with a zero access controller because that is what they are designed to do.

You play 3 click so how does this affect you?, show me were  PP  says what controller people can use?

#58 Jesus Jones

Jesus Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:31 PM

If you have a expensive mouse, does it come with a program to mess with the sensitivity settings?

#59 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

You play 3 click so how does this affect you?, show me were  PP  says what controller people can use?

They don't say it. But maybe they should.

To avoid this they try to find a solution with the anti-cheat.

Must be boring to use a controller that hits everything straight. But obviously not all are seeing it that way.

• Carl Lapin and Jesus Jones like this

#60 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:05 PM

Are you using a afterglow pad? if so then you are gaining an advantage on tour.  Are you really happy with that? you may win an event by default, does that do it for you? i will refrain from calling 3rd party pads cheaters because that term does not yet apply, exploiters is a more apt phrase.  If you insist on using these pads then take it off tour, simple as that.  The RTS-C swing was created with xbox pad in mind, and imo that is the only controller that should be used on tour, even the PS4 pad is easier.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users