#101 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:40 PM

Love the Rio course. Don't know how any one can think that course is boring.

I have never been a fan of straight and wide fairways which is all Rio offers.  As an example courses I have uninstalled for this reason are Golden Meadows, Hidden Canyon...  I am not pointing fingers at PG.  This is not their own design and the blandness and far too easy play of this course is not their fault.  Shooting -10 with mistakes in a first round on 12 stimp, farthest tees and hardest pins is another reason for me uninstalling certain courses.  :)

#102 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:57 PM

Justin Rose won there with -16 after 72 holes. Maybe PG really isn't hard enough after all.

#103 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:15 PM

i didnt find it so easy tho, but i play with the caliber ball, so some par fours are tough to make, and on stimp 13 greens are not easy at

all for me, had a +3 and + 4 first round(i always play with 2 of myselves)

some ppl are just very good at this game, me not, and i think thats maybe an advantage hehehe

so its good w ehave a good variety of courses...i seem to like almost  all of them.

in my country there are quite a few courses like this one at the outskirts of the cities and very flat.

#104 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:19 PM

The course is straight and open but the greens are not that easy and at higher stimps it is not that easy of a course.  The Open Championship is played most of the time on an open course where you have to play the contours of the course and if there is no wind and a little wet the best Pro's will tear it up but put some wind and dry conditions and the best can be brought to their knees.  I think the biggest problem with WE American golfers is that we don't see this type of course very often if ever and we like the tree lined courses with lots of dog legs and so forth but the truth is we have to be able to play all types of courses to be the best.  A course like Rio can on one day be very easy and the next the wind is howling and the stimp at 14 and you will work for everything. 

• jcolton31 and wim1234 like this

#105 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:39 PM

i will neva find fault with a real course that's in PG'S folder---just because it's an easy play for some does not warrant finding fault or suggesting you will delete it --to me that's sorta dumb---but to each his own---now user created courses --thats a whole diff story --say whatever you wish about em -- :) :)

• Parboy and Greensboronclion like this

#106 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:09 PM

i will neva find fault with a real course that's in PG'S folder---just because it's an easy play for some does not warrant finding fault or suggesting you will delete it --to me that's sorta dumb---but to each his own---now user created courses --thats a whole diff story --say whatever you wish about em -- :) :)

I am still trying to find and easy course as they all kick my hind end.  Lol.

• Bluengold34 and SirGrassCutter like this

#107 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:10 PM

No offence but would it not be dumb to keep courses that I will never play again and have to scroll by looking for ones I do like?   :)  In fairness to PG I put the blame on the designer of this real course.  

In my opinion about 80% of the user courses are fantastic and are my faves in the game so far.  Crow and Doggs have most of my faves up to this point.  This is not to sleight any of the designers as all have made excellent builds.  Keep up the great work gentlemen.

#108 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:54 PM

lol--can't blame the designer of a real course for it's easy play --the course is just an easy play course---to some-- and if i remember rt there was a crew sent to rio in order to get it right , far as i know --also i agree 100% about user made courses --they are FANTASTIC !! 

AMEN ?

oh forgot real courses  i'll neva delete-- they are my fav's --user courses are the fun one's 

#109 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:39 PM

Just a Q : If you delete a PG course, doesn´t it come right back next time  the game updates with a new ver. ?

#110 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:15 PM

Just a Q : If you delete a PG course, doesn´t it come right back next time  the game updates with a new ver. ?

It may only do that if you verify files, I'm not sure.

• SirGrassCutter likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#111 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:23 AM

Crow's answer was correct.  Only if you verify the game cache will the PG created courses come back.  I uninstalled all the courses I do not favour and have them listed on an index card.  That way I can quickly delete them again if I need to verify the game cache, which is very rare.

#112 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:24 AM

We played a match there yesterday. TP/Gusty/Difficult pins/14/Firm. Anyone that thinks this course is easy, try those settings. ANY course can be set up to play fairly easily. With difficult pins, every pin was near a green edge where being slightly offline caused the ball to roll into a greenside bunker. We both had bunker shots that got to within a few feet of the hole only to come back to our feet. For me, this is another great addition to our course list.

• LeazesNDR, DivotMaker, erwildcat and 3 others like this

#113 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:06 PM

Still no sign of the elusive course forge eh man that thing is a beast to release i guess. :)

#114 nstone73

nstone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationDenver CO

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:13 PM

Still no sign of the elusive course forge eh man that thing is a beast to release i guess. :)

Tutorials are getting posted (noticed them on Facebook and Crow has started a thread on the CF forum)...so perhaps "soon" is now "imminent", or a least "very soon" :) 

• StoneComet likes this

#115 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:44 PM

Imminent. I like it. The release of Course Forge is imminent. I like the sound of that.  :ph34r:

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#116 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:52 PM

was imminent 4 days ago lol

• StoneComet likes this

#117 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

All I want to say really...and imminently and soon I will is, Course Forge is here. Eventually I will be able to say that as a fact.  :P  ;)  :lol:  :D

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#118 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:45 PM

We played a match there yesterday. TP/Gusty/Difficult pins/14/Firm. Anyone that thinks this course is easy, try those settings. ANY course can be set up to play fairly easily. With difficult pins, every pin was near a green edge where being slightly offline caused the ball to roll into a greenside bunker. We both had bunker shots that got to within a few feet of the hole only to come back to our feet. For me, this is another great addition to our course list.

I am glad you like it.  My -10 was not on easy settings.  

#119 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:46 PM

I have been banned from using the word 'soon' so all I will say is it will be released to public beta 'shortly'  :D

Meanwhile if you're going to want to use it you can go grab the Unity editor you will need which is version 5.2.3 The version number is important as other unity versions are not currently supported by Course Forge.

https://unity3d.com/...ownload/archive

• scoops100, nstone73, StoneComet and 2 others like this

#120 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:57 PM

I have unity version 5.4.1 damn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users