#61 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:56 AM

Sound Script Editor / MOP Editor Application

We have created a Windows application that will allow easy creation of MOP files as well as Sound Script files.  Players will be able to create their own sound scripts that can be integrated into the game.  Just add the generated files into the Sounds folder and then select which sound script you want to use for a particular round.  This is all client based so each player in an online game can use their own separate sound file.  There are hundreds of potentially unique events that can be configured using the sound script editor.

This is going to be fun to mess around with.  For Links, I did not create ssfs for the tournament atmosphere, clapping, moaning, crowd noise, etc.. rather I create soundscripts as if the individual player was commenting on his/her own shots etc.  Almost like you are playing with your friends at the course.   Pretty cool that you can have your own soundscript but if you are playing with someone online, it might be best to "share" that SS with the other players so you are in sync.  Either way, this is a great feature, thanks for this guys! 

#62 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:57 AM

The one thing I really would like to see is the settings for the greens and fairways to be separate.  I still think on hard and soft the fairways over react especially on hard and would love to be able to control separately and more on a 1 to 10 level than just hard, soft and normal. 

• gravedodger and erwildcat like this

#63 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:11 PM

@Stoney:  you didn´t learn that famous single word, very popular here?    S  o  o  n        :D.

S O O N ? Is that "Sometime, One Other Night?"

#64 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:14 PM

Starting to dread it aint gonna happen on time AGAIN. :angry:

#65 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:17 PM

Starting to dread it aint gonna happen on time AGAIN. :angry:

Where have you seen a specific release date? Please quote or link to your reference.

Richard

Posted Image

#66 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:19 PM

Where have you seen a specific release date? Please quote or link to your reference.

Well lets see andrew posted on Friday that it would be out in a day or 2 and today is 2. :)

#67 dlocke1962

dlocke1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:19 PM

Thanks Andrew for this update, i think it goes a long way to help ease peoples feelings about the games development. I would suggest just a bi-weekly blurb with stuff similar to this and I think the community as a whole will be satisfied. Also good to see a XBox port has been put behind development to the already released PC version. Thanks again

#68 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:34 PM

Well lets see andrew posted on Friday that it would be out in a day or 2 and today is 2. :)

I thought we would post a quick update on some of the things we have been up to over the last few weeks...

1.4.1.3 Update

We will be pushing a new update in the next day or so.  This will include

• The Rio Olympic Course
  • Plugged lies in the bunkers
  • Fixes to Green Grid
  • Improvements and Additions to Simulator App
  • Added Shot Clock for people who want to.  You got 60 seconds and after 60 seconds a shot is added to your score
  • Added RTS Swings to those that have data displayed when in practice mode
  • Added More Information to the lobby game display window including Shot Timer and MOP Type
  • Improvements to the network code so that resumes work better
  • Fixes to achievements

Nicklaus Design Course Forge

Today we finally received the coupons from SpeedTree so we will be moving quickly to get this released.  We are working up a series of tutorials and hope to make use of the WorkShop feature in Steam for this.

Sound Script Editor / MOP Editor Application

We have created a Windows application that will allow easy creation of MOP files as well as Sound Script files.  Players will be able to create their own sound scripts that can be integrated into the game.  Just add the generated files into the Sounds folder and then select which sound script you want to use for a particular round.  This is all client based so each player in an online game can use their own separate sound file.  There are hundreds of potentially unique events that can be configured using the sound script editor.

NVIDIA Turf Effects

For the last month we have been working on taking the Turf Effects module from NVIDIA and writing a custom integration with Unity which uses Unity's low level graphics plugin infrastructure.  We have managed to get a working Turf Effects inside a sample unity application and now have to integrate it into CF and PG.  Unfortunately Turf Effects is dx11 only so we will have to create a new version of PG that is DX11 and up only so it will be on a separate build, probably part of an XBOX / Universal Windows 10 app release of PG.  This is scheduled for completion around middle of October.

We have completely localized PG in several languages including French, German, Spaish, Russian.

Career Mode

We are still in the early stages of this basically wireframing out the workflow from lowly amateur to touring pro.  We are very excited about this feature which will allow the player to assume the roll of managing their career, not just a basic season mode that we have seen so many times before.  There is no specific timetable to this as we work on it around other projects, but it will be worth waiting for.

Console Release Development

We decided to focus on getting the Turf Effects work done first prior to the XBOX conversion.  We have done some basic level work on this port.  As the game is already Win 10 compatible we have already managed to make a build in the Xbox version of unity, but now need to integrate the XBOX live code and Windows / Xbox Store code / networking into the game to replace steam.  This work is scheduled to begin in earnest by the middle of October. 

Thats about it for this note.  Happy Golfing!!

You need to reread that post.

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#69 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:41 PM

Next day or so, next day or 2 same thing really. :P

#70 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:48 PM

Don't think if you look up the definition of so,  2 is in the description. :D

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#71 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:49 PM

Next day or so, next day or 2 same thing really. :P

Well, they likely won't be releasing on a weekend.....

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#72 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:51 PM

Most of there updates have been at the weekend.

• RobV likes this

#73 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

Well, feel free to argue about it.....they will release it when it's ready. Better?
  • zmax - sim likes this
PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#74 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:42 AM

Isn't all of this a little silly. "Another day or so" means one or two days, just like "give me a couple" means two. Hate to burst your balloon (that means disappoint you). No matter..."so day" is over. Maybe soon I guess.

Andrew...how do you handle this kind of pressure? :blink:

#75 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:13 AM

Not surprised at all it didnt release.

• tlvx likes this

#76 Hammerfest

Hammerfest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:17 PM

@Stoney

Learn the mantra:   S o o n  .......

#77 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:01 PM

Andrew, Development Team and fellow consumers,

I cannot express how important the golfer animations are to a lot of people sitting on the fence. I bought the game for two friends and that is what holds them back from playing the game. One of them has yet to even try the game. I think he is waiting for full controller support though. At least that is what they tell me. Buying the game for resistant friends is one way I support your efforts.  I personally am only and patiently waiting for a left handed avatar, but it is definitely not my top priority nor does the current animation really take too much away from my enjoyment of the game. It is a very big deal though to many prospective buyers and is a blocker to good reviews.

At any rate, everyone will not agree to this and there are studio image repercussions to consider but here goes anyways.

I would gladly donate to a GoFundMe campaign or any other crowd funding platform that provided the target number to achieve and the promise that the funds would be used only to support improvements in the Avatar animations. I think you would be surprised how many people would respond and help out. You would also have to provide information as to where the money would go if the goal is not reached in time.

I have seen small studios use this as a means to get over a bump in the road. Food for thought.

Hope all is well with everyone.

SC  :)

• trailblazergolf likes this

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#78 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:31 PM

yup - agree

#79 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:49 PM

I might be mistaken but I thought in one of there twitch videos many months ago that they already paid for the mo caps..it was way into the hundred of thousands of dollars..

#80 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:01 PM

I might be mistaken but I thought in one of there twitch videos many months ago that they already paid for the mo caps..it was way into the hundred of thousands of dollars..

The last I heard, it was $70k just to start doing mo caps.  No idea if that process was started tho.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users