Photo

Are you a prospective console version buyer?

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you a prospective console version buyer? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

If you're holding out for or planning to buy a console version of JNPG, for which console will it be?

1. XBox One / XBox One Scorpio (16 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

2. Playstation 4 / Playstation 4 Pro (9 votes [23.68%])

Percentage of vote: 23.68%

3. NVIDIA SHIELD (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. I own one of the above but wouldn't buy JNPG to play on it (13 votes [34.21%])

Percentage of vote: 34.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

I think there is a little PC 'snobbery' present!  :o Personally I would love to play the PS4 version, if there is one planned. I know of four people in my family who would purchase a copy.

• MERACE likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#82 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:10 PM

Using a neat little device called the XIM4 and hooked up to the Xbox to allow me to use keyboard and mouse, I don't think I will ever upgrade or build another computer ever again.  BF1 looks and plays incredible!   To think of the amount of money I would have to spend just to even get it look like it does on the Xbox, it just makes no sense to do so..  I can understand there are people out there that are loyal PC enthusiasts and I thought I was one too, but economically, it just does not make sense to upgrade my PC when all I need is in one neat little machine that does the job even with the most current and future games.    

I understand your position on this Rob.  I think PC gamers tend to underestimate what the PS4 and XB1 can deliver in game performance. I've gotten used to the controller in the last 8 years, to the point that I prefer using them with my non-racing PC games.  I spent over twice as much on my gaming PC, to get a performance level that I'd say is about 1 1/2 times better, IMO.  I've justified it in my mind, as I'd say I spend probably 70% of my time gaming on my PC.  Still, that doesn't diminish the enjoyment I get from the 30% of the time I spend playing the PS4 and XB1.  I still say that Forza 6 on the XB1 is the best gaming experience I've ever had... PERIOD!

I'm going to finally have to give BF1 a shot on the XB1 via EA Access now, having read your endorsement of it.  I still play Battleflied 1942 on my XBox 360 on occasion  :)

• RobV likes this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#83 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:13 PM

yes Rob I am in the same boat, if I could afford a boat after squandering all my cash on endless updates and new builds for the PC, for the same price as a top end graphics card you can buy a console, that's it nothing else to spend.

never heard of the BF1 accessory before, so I checked it out you can also use it for connecting all types of control devices including keyboard and mouse, that's great news for all the 3clickers, motion swingers and controller players alike.

can't wait for PG on the Xbox

update:

just read that Microsoft will be adding keyboard and mouse support to the Xbox one console in the near future, so no need to buy any adaptors

I had not heard that; thanks for mentioning that.  That would be a game changer for a lot of folks.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#84 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:19 PM

I think there is a little PC 'snobbery' present!  :o Personally I would love to play the PS4 version, if there is one planned. I know of four people in my family who would purchase a copy.

I know three people who would but this game for the XB1, and at least two who would buy it for the PS4.  I would also be willing to bet that if Perfect Parallel can deliver JNPG in 1080p, at >40 FPS on the PS4 and XB1, they would sell more than twice as many copies of the game as the PC version on each platform. 

• MERACE and IanK like this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#85 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:24 PM

If not for the pc I would retire from gaming.

#86 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:23 AM

Yeah, I don't see myself buying either an XB1 or PS4 for gaming.  I won't say never, though, because who knows....

I much prefer the mouse experience to the controller experience with JNPG on the PC.  I've never had a gaming console, so it's something I never got used to (ironically, much like the WASD keyboard controls for PC gaming!).  But the controller gave me little to no satisfaction after a shot, similar to my experience with the 3C swing.  Perhaps I didn't give it enough of a try, but it just didn't seem to be my thing.

#87 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:17 AM

I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for developers designing game for consoles you wouldn't get a lot of games released for the PC.
  • Tigers Agent, MERACE, DivotMaker and 1 other like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#88 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:59 PM

Just curious SirGrassCutter, have you tried gaming at all on either the PS4 or XBox One?  I quite often find myself in awe of what they can do for less than the cost of a Geforce GTX 1070 graphics card.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#89 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:10 PM

Yeah, I don't see myself buying either an XB1 or PS4 for gaming.  I won't say never, though, because who knows....

I much prefer the mouse experience to the controller experience with JNPG on the PC.  I've never had a gaming console, so it's something I never got used to (ironically, much like the WASD keyboard controls for PC gaming!).  But the controller gave me little to no satisfaction after a shot, similar to my experience with the 3C swing.  Perhaps I didn't give it enough of a try, but it just didn't seem to be my thing.

Armand, did you ever try Links 2004 on the XBox?  That's the game that changed my mind about what a controller can do in a golf game.  When you got the swing tempo right in that game, you could feel it in your fingers and see it in the result.  I can see where the mouse swing interface has more variables than the controller, but for me what it lacks is the tactile resistance of a thumbstick.  That added kinesthetic dimension the controller affords offsets the extra vectors the mouse swing in my experience.

I realize we're wired differently and looking for different things in the way we play the game. I'm just glad we've got the options we do in JNPG to cater to those desires.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#90 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:45 PM

I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for developers designing game for consoles you wouldn't get a lot of games released for the PC.

True but I would still retire from gaming.

#91 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:47 PM

Just curious SirGrassCutter, have you tried gaming at all on either the PS4 or XBox One?  I quite often find myself in awe of what they can do for less than the cost of a Geforce GTX 1070 graphics card.

No  The last game console I had was the PS2.  The consoles simply cannot compare to a computer version imo.  I therefore want nothing to do with them anymore.  Cheers

#92 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:38 AM

No  The last game console I had was the PS2.  The consoles simply cannot compare to a computer version imo.  I therefore want nothing to do with them anymore.  Cheers

We're ultimately going to reach an impasse on this because this is such a relativistic discussion.  Consoles can't compare to a computer version?  It depends... if I put together a computer for $300 - the cost of an XBox One or PS4, it couldn't come close to matching the performance of either console.  I'd say I'd have to spend $500 to $550 to build a comparable gaming PC.  I've got $870 in my current gaming PC, and yes, it easily outpaces either console in gaming perfomance.... however, I still haven't played a racing game on my $870 PC that compares in graphics and performance to Forza 6 on the XBox One.

I think you're going to be surprised at how well JNPG will look and perform on the XBox One and PS4, if you can overcome your animus against them long enough to see for yourself.  Will they be able to compare to even my $870 gaming PC?  I seriously doubt it, but it will be a game that I predict will turn heads and be an asset to JNPG and Perfect Parallel.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#93 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:52 AM

Well, for someone who has both... a decent PC and Xbox One, you are sadly mistaken. 

#94 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:57 AM

I'm waiting on Scorpio.  

Can't wait for a Windows 10 DX11 PG with 3D grass.  Game performance and detail needs to improve now, 

• DivotMaker likes this

#95 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:04 AM

I'm waiting on Scorpio.  

Can't wait for a Windows 10 DX11 PG with 3D grass.  Game performance and detail needs to improve now, 

I'm curious about the Scopio myself.  It will likely depend more on what products are made to take advantage of its virtues, more than the console itself that determines whether I buy it or not.  It seems like the lines are being blurred more and more between consoles and good gaming PCs.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#96 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:26 AM

I'm curious about the Scopio myself.  It will likely depend more on what products are made to take advantage of its virtues, more than the console itself that determines whether I buy it or not.  It seems like the lines are being blurred more and more between consoles and good gaming PCs.

Ya. sure looks to be heading that way.  I'm hoping the cost to come in around 400-500 and performs like a high end gaming pc. :)

#97 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:48 AM

We're ultimately going to reach an impasse on this because this is such a relativistic discussion.  Consoles can't compare to a computer version?  It depends... if I put together a computer for $300 - the cost of an XBox One or PS4, it couldn't come close to matching the performance of either console.  I'd say I'd have to spend $500 to $550 to build a comparable gaming PC.  I've got $870 in my current gaming PC, and yes, it easily outpaces either console in gaming perfomance.... however, I still haven't played a racing game on my $870 PC that compares in graphics and performance to Forza 6 on the XBox One.

I think you're going to be surprised at how well JNPG will look and perform on the XBox One and PS4, if you can overcome your animus against them long enough to see for yourself.  Will they be able to compare to even my $870 gaming PC?  I seriously doubt it, but it will be a game that I predict will turn heads and be an asset to JNPG and Perfect Parallel.

The way I see it, since my computer I use for everything else digital I see no need to buy a separate console.  Of course dollar for dollar a pc cannot compare to today's consoles.  But I was never concerned with the price.  Therefore for me it was a no brainer.  :)

#98 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:50 AM

I'm waiting on Scorpio.  

We all are!

Also I cannot wait on a directx12 game to come out. (side note)  My comp is set up for it.  

#99 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:13 PM

I'm waiting on Scorpio.  

Win10 version will likely have 3D grass and DX12......

• SirGrassCutter likes this
PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#100 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:01 AM

Right on!  DX12 is what is needed to optimize the game fully.  Those with 6 or 8 core cpu's will see the biggest boost in performance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users