Photo

Are you a prospective console version buyer?

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you a prospective console version buyer? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

If you're holding out for or planning to buy a console version of JNPG, for which console will it be?

1. XBox One / XBox One Scorpio (16 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

2. Playstation 4 / Playstation 4 Pro (9 votes [23.68%])

Percentage of vote: 23.68%

3. NVIDIA SHIELD (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. I own one of the above but wouldn't buy JNPG to play on it (13 votes [34.21%])

Percentage of vote: 34.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:56 AM

I'm sorry but buy no console game is not listed on your survey.  I will not buy a console version of any golf game for a console.  My grand kids use the console for entertainment.

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#42 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:51 AM

I'm sorry but buy no console game is not listed on your survey.  I will not buy a console version of any golf game for a console.  My grand kids use the console for entertainment.

Perhaps your grandchildren would like to play PG on their console! Isn't PG 'entertainment' after all?
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#43 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:42 AM

Boo, rFactor 2 all the way for me .... and no, I am PC Gamer all the way, never had a console since the Mega Drive was out.

I own it rFactor2 as well.  I have always been for realism over graphics with only rfactor2 being the exception.  It is too dated and quite terrible by today's standards.

#44 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:46 AM

Perhaps your grandchildren would like to play PG on their console! Isn't PG 'entertainment' after all?

Ian

My grand kids think golf is boring.  That is an old persons game - their words.  They want "cool" games like Call Of Duty and Need for Speed.   My 21 year old grand daughter also feels the same as my teen age Grand Kids.  I'm doomed!   

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#45 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:53 AM

I prefer the Playstation as I am huge fan of MLB The Show baseball and Xbox doesnt have it or anything near it.  I prefer to play my golf on a PC anyway but if the game came to lets say Xbox One only I would probably buy it and keep it at my beach place and use it during the weekends when weather bad or something.  In general I am a mouse player and prefer that for video golf.

• tanman05851 likes this

#46 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:06 PM

Am I the only one who gets motion sickness when playing some of these console games, especially driving sims?

#47 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:14 PM

Option 4 in the poll doesn't do this for you -" I own one (console) of the above, but wouldn't buy JNPG to play on it"?  I added that option yesterday afternoon after Daz indicated that he owned a console, but wouldn't be buying JNPG to play on it.

If you don't own a console, it's a given you won't be buying any version of JNPG, so I didn't include that as an option.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#48 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:25 PM

I don't own any of these consoles and won't be buying them.  All of the games I like are already on PC.  I don't see the need to double dip if you already have a capable PC.  It's very easy to hook up a PC to an HDTV nowadays (with wireless mice/keyboards/gamepads) and get the best of both worlds.  The console version release is probably a ways off anyway and who knows  if/how it will support community created course downloads.

You're right about the ease with which a PC can be connected to an HDTV display.  For all intents and purposes, I've turned my PC into a gaming console. It's connected to my 55" HDTV via my home theater system in my rec room.  Its contained in a mid-tower case and stands right next to my entertainment center containing an XBox One, PS4, and XBox 360.  Between golf and racing, my gaming PC gets 75 to 80% of my gaming time.  I play Forza 6, Forza Horizon 2, Madden and NBA 2K16 on my XBox One, and occasionally MLB 2015: The Show on the PS4.

I'd say that the XBox One version is probably six months off, minimum. You raise an interesting point about how custom courses will be delivered, if at all, to the consoles.  I'm curious to see what sort of solution PP works out for that.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#49 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:33 PM

Am I the only one who gets motion sickness when playing some of these console games, especially driving sims?

I"m very prone to motions sickness and I don't get motion sickness playing console games, including racers.  I'd have to try a VR racing game to see if motion sickness would be induced by that.  I've gotten a little queasy watching videos of people playing VR games, including the driving ones, but I read that once you're actually 'in the VR space', it's not nearly as likely to induce motion sickness.

I watched a video of a guy playing The Golf Club VR and found it be a little motion sickness inducing.  Then I watched another video of someone else playing it, and they were taking care not to rapidly turn their head back and forth.  It made a huge difference in reducing the motion sickness index for me.  

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#50 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:43 PM

I feel like that if I play FPS games like Half-life, COD, Battlefield etc.

If I play long spells of games like Uncharted, The Last of Us, The Division, Black Desert Online etc. which are more 3rd person view I can get bit queasy, but it has to be a good few hours. With full on FPS it tends to be 5 mins and I'm done.

Driving games I have no problems. Although there is plenty going on outside the car my driving viewpoint remains fairly static so doesn't affect me in the same way as FPS.

#51 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:18 PM

I've never had any problems with driving games and motion sickness in all my decades of gaming until I tried one in my Vive. I bumped over a kerb through a chicane and I've never felt so sick, so quickly!

I need to get back to trying this again though as I have now been using VR for months now, so I may not experience the same feelings, now that I have become accustomed a lot more to VR games.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#52 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:27 PM

So no love yet for the NVIDIA SHIELD version?  I haven't followed the SHIELD at all; has it lost its momentum?  Did it ever really have anything going for it?  My local Best Buy sells them, but doesn't have a demo unit.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#53 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

Ian
My grand kids think golf is boring.  That is an old persons game - their words.  They want "cool" games like Call Of Duty and Need for Speed.   My 21 year old grand daughter also feels the same as my teen age Grand Kids.  I'm doomed!

Cool = guns and violence these days Dennis. I'm sure they would like the occasional game of golf against grandad. ;-)
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#54 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:32 PM

I"m very prone to motions sickness and I don't get motion sickness playing console games, including racers.  I'd have to try a VR racing game to see if motion sickness would be induced by that.  I've gotten a little queasy watching videos of people playing VR games, including the driving ones, but I read that once you're actually 'in the VR space', it's not nearly as likely to induce motion sickness.

I watched a video of a guy playing The Golf Club VR and found it be a little motion sickness inducing.  Then I watched another video of someone else playing it, and they were taking care not to rapidly turn their head back and forth.  It made a huge difference in reducing the motion sickness index for me.  

I've played Project Cars on VR and it can induce a LITTLE motion sickness but it wasn't horrible.  The awesomeness of VR racing kinda muted any impact of getting sick.  

I think what does it to me is the perceived movement without any force on my body.  My brain kinda does a big "WTF is going on here" sort-of thing.

• DivotMaker likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#55 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:47 PM

....I miss the "real" pinball machines.  Actually got the kids out and standing on their feet - back in the day. :D

• SirGrassCutter likes this

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#56 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:48 PM

You dawg!  How long have you had the TX458?  I was down to it or the Logitech G920, but I didn't go for it because at that time, the TX458 was having a high incidence of burning up the motor and/or power supply.  I liked what I'd read about its performance though, and I'm sure I would like its belt drive versus the helical gear drive of the G920.

I'm just reading about those earlier issues now.  Currently looking at a Manufacture Refurbished TX485 for $200 on Ebay.  Comes with the gas and brake pedal.  Looks like a good deal but wondering if its gonna die after a few months of use.

#57 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:49 PM

It's strange but I get motion sickness from FPS games but not driving sims....weird

#58 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:08 PM

....I miss the "real" pinball machines.  Actually got the kids out and standing on their feet - back in the day. :D

The next best thing to the good ole days of pinball arcades is a game I play a lot from steam.  The game is called Pinball Arcade and came out in Nov 2013.  To this day it is bringing out more tables.  Just recently a beta of live multiplayer came out.  All tables are recreations of the real ones in the arcades.  There are no fantasy machines.  Many of them i have played in real life.  The physics are excellent as well.  You might like it Crusher.  

#59 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:26 PM

The next best thing to the good ole days of pinball arcades is a game I play a lot from steam.  The game is called Pinball Arcade and came out in Nov 2013.  To this day it is bringing out more tables.  Just recently a beta of live multiplayer came out.  All tables are recreations of the real ones in the arcades.  There are no fantasy machines.  Many of them i have played in real life.  The physics are excellent as well.  You might like it Crusher.  

I have that game on PS4 and have purchased all the additional season table packs. Great to play some tables I used to play in my youth in the pubs and clubs we used to frequent. Star Trek: The Next generation table was always a favourite.

Not sure how my 'inferior console' version stacks up to your PC version though, lol.

:D

• SirGrassCutter likes this

#60 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:49 AM

I'm just reading about those earlier issues now.  Currently looking at a Manufacture Refurbished TX485 for $200 on Ebay.  Comes with the gas and brake pedal.  Looks like a good deal but wondering if its gonna die after a few months of use.

I'd have less of a problem buying refurbished one as opposed to a new on in this case.  You might want to read this thread at Inside Sim Racing's forum to shed a little light on it:

http://www.isrtv.com...rari-gte-wheel/

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users