#41 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:33 PM

Thanks.  Can the G27 be mounted to a stand like the one Buck posted above?

Yes. Always worth checking but usually G27 wheel will fit most stands/rigs. The one below comes with pre drilled holes for G27.  The G27 is the right hand image of the 3 in the banner. 

http://www.gtomegara...om/wheel-stands

#42 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:57 PM

Thanks. Can the G27 be mounted to a stand like the one Buck posted above?

I believe so. The clamp is very user friendly from what I remember.

#43 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:12 PM

The G27 is pc/ps3 only.   You might want to decide if you want pc/ps4 or pc/xbox one compatibility.  I went with the Thrusmaster TMX which is pc/xbox one.

#44 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:32 PM

Thanks.  Can the G27 be mounted to a stand like the one Buck posted above?

"Racing Steering Wheel Stand for Logitech G27/G25, G29 and G920 Wheels, Deluxe, Original Wheel Stand Pro Stand. Wheel and Pedals Not included."

:D   ;)

(couldn't resist - sorry. haha)

#45 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:41 PM

"Racing Steering Wheel Stand for Logitech G27/G25, G29 and G920 Wheels, Deluxe, Original Wheel Stand Pro Stand. Wheel and Pedals Not included."

:D   ;)

(couldn't resist - sorry. haha)

Doh!!

FYI - since you've changed your theme to white when you copy and past something into a forum post it shows it in grey which is nearly impossible to read for anyone using the normal theme.  

Seems like the them would automatically adjust for this but it doesn't. 

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#46 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:45 PM

Got my Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition and T3PA pedals today... after I shower and complete my honey-do list for the evening, I'll be installing them on my Playseat Evolution cockpit and hunker down for some serious racing!

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#47 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:57 PM

Doh!!

FYI - since you've changed your theme to white when you copy and past something into a forum post it shows it in grey which is nearly impossible to read for anyone using the normal theme.  

Seems like the them would automatically adjust for this but it doesn't. 

Crap - Ok - Will be more careful pasting next time

thank you!

#48 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:59 PM

Got my Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition and T3PA pedals today... after I shower and complete my honey-do list for the evening, I'll be installing them on my Playseat Evolution cockpit and hunker down for some serious racing!

Pix of that when you have it set up, please!!

#49 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:49 PM

A session on Super Mario Kart then, lol.

:lol: :lol:

#50 Ricky Proffer

Ricky Proffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationTyler, Texas

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:12 AM

A lot of people swear by these things where it all bolts to the unit and folds up easily to go in a closet, against a wall, under a bed in some scenarios, etc

http://a.co/6gDsyoO

Ejj8zso.jpg

I have this stand with my G27 mounted to it and I love it.  I have a second one with my flight sim stuff mounted as well.  Folds down flat so you can slide it under something for storage.  

ASUS  G571JY Gaming Laptop

i7-4720HQ 2.59 GHz

GeForce GTX 980M

16 GB RAM

WIndows 10 64 bit

#51 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:13 AM

I have this stand with my G27 mounted to it and I love it.  I have a second one with my flight sim stuff mounted as well.  Folds down flat so you can slide it under something for storage.  

Ricky, is that Amazon price ($190 USD) a good price or should that be shopped a bit?

#52 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:27 AM

Ricky, is that Amazon price ($190 USD) a good price or should that be shopped a bit?

B,

The GT Omega I linked earlier in thread is $149.95 with free shipping.

http://usa.gtomegara...ing-wheel-stand

The stand Ricky has is $173 on their own site, but looks like shipping is $26

http://wheelstandpro...-feedback-wheel

#53 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:48 AM

YIKES!  The G27 is $1078 CAD (new) and $865 CAD (used) from Amazon.ca .... I'm gonna have to pass on that one!

#54 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:19 AM

OMG!... OMG!!.... OMG!!!  I was a bit late getting my wheel setup due to some family commitments, but I've just had a 45 minute session with the TX Leather Edition with the T3PA pedals in Forza 6... fellas, it was a spine tingling, euphoria enducing, religious experience!!! :D  I had high expectations for this setup after watching the gurus at Inside SimRacing endorse it, but my GAWD... I'm speachless!!  You feel every frickin' nuance of the car handling with fluid precision.  I turned in my best lap ever at Lime Rock Park in my 2005 Mazda MX-5 (B class), in my third race with the TX.  

It's incredible how well made this Thrustmaster TX is and how silky smooth the steering mechanism is.... all you feel is the force feedback and road forces.  The fact that I was able to sense such subtle grip forces, even as only one tire was losing grip, made a huge difference in my ability to keep the car in control.  I was also able to better handle the recovery actions following some rubbing with my competitors.  Events that would have resulted in a spinout previously, I was able to get a handle on with a minor fishtail, and holde my position.  I'll be trying out some of my PC racers here shortly, but this wheel and Forza 6 are a match made in Heaven on the XBox One!

Folks, this combination is an absolute steal at $299.99.  I puts my Logitech G920 to shame, and I paid $100 more for it.  Needless to say, I'm one happy camper right now!!

Buck, I'll get some pics up tomorrow; my daughter is the camera buff, I'll get her to handle that for me.... I'm so excited right now I'm about to tinkle in my skivvies!

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#55 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:23 AM

If I didn't have a rec-room, with enough space to leave my Playseat Evolution cockpit permanently setup, this would be my choice of mounts.  It's a brilliant design!

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#56 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:44 AM

Glad to hear the TX is working out well for you.   What an amazing deal you got.  Curious to see what you think about the FFB on Forza vs. Project Cars.  In my limited experience, Forza APEX had the best FFB.  We got to hook up for a race on the Ring!

#57 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

Glad to hear the TX is working out well for you.   What an amazing deal you got.  Curious to see what you think about the FFB on Forza vs. Project Cars.  In my limited experience, Forza APEX had the best FFB.  We got to hook up for a race on the Ring!

The force feedback I got in Forza 6 on the XBox One was actually better than what I got using the default settings for Project Cars (PC).  I did change some things in the Advanced settings in Forza 6, but I'm more familiar with them and how to get what I want out of it.  Project Cars settings in its advanced force feedback menu are so esoteric, I'm not sure what to adjust to obtain the desired results.  The driving experience on Project Cars was easily better than what I had seen out of my Logitech G920, but I'm sure I'll be able to get even more out of it once I find some already tweaked settings for the TX elsewhere.

Forza Apex was an unmitigated disaster when I tried it.  Before I could even get halfway around the track, the animation had slowed down and become so sloppy that it was in the single digits in frame rate.  I couldn't quit it because the menu wouldn't respond.  I finally had to ctl-alt-del to get to the task manager to end the program, but even getting that window to appear took between 5 and 10 minutes.  I hadn't played Apex in months, so I have no clue what happened.  I'm going to uninstall and reinstall it to see if that changes anything.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#58 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:39 PM

I guess I'm going to have to hunker down and get a decent setup for racing.  I played Project Cars VR for about 45 minutes last night and it was awesome even with a simple XB1 controller.  I can only imagine how immersive it would be with a good wheel and pedals.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#59 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:01 PM

Get saving and get one of these. Yours for just under £67k (UK)

Vesaro-Formula-V50-Stage-3-Detail.jpg

Heres the video - https://r4---sn-3jvh...urce,upn,expire

#60 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:12 PM

I guess I'm going to have to hunker down and get a decent setup for racing.  I played Project Cars VR for about 45 minutes last night and it was awesome even with a simple XB1 controller.  I can only imagine how immersive it would be with a good wheel and pedals.

I felt quite the opposite when I tried it in VR the other night. It left me very unimpressed (apart from the VR immersion - which is great with all games) as it felt so 'arcadey' especially when racing other cars. I actually preferred it on time trial. This is not a game I'm going to spend time on... unfortunately there's little else for the Vive at present unless you go the Oculus/Revive route, and I'm still trying to avoid the Oculus Store if I can.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users