Photo

The good, the bad and the downright ugly.

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#41 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationWestcliff-on-Sea, Essex. U.K

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:18 PM

'You can please some of the people..................' lol

• Armand likes this

#42 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:21 PM

Once again people are trying to make a PC GAME play like IRL, it's a complete none starter WHY because a PC GAME runs code, what PP have done is added randomness to a straight put that's just wrong, if we except this randomness with the greens as "THATS HOW IT WORKS IN REAL LIFE GOLF" ok let go to the next step lets make driving random after all no golfer hits the ball the same, lets have a random left/right from the tee why not if we want this randomness same with irons from fairway too lets all get random mishits just like real golf. 

You are right, no golfer hits the ball the same way every time.  Or twice in a row (Moe Norman excepted).  And that's why every swing you make in PG is different from every other swing you make.  They are never identical.  Close if you're really, really good.  I'll hazard a guess that you play 3C.  A perfect snap is 0.00000.  A snap of 0.04954 will affect the flight of your ball adding a small amount of sidespin. If you think a snap of 0.0 is a perfect snap and will give you identical results you are mistaken.  Add in wind effects and the randomness you propose is already there.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#43 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:27 PM

I don't mind the randomness what it will do is make good putters miss more puts and bad putters make more puts, my point with the driver/irons MISHITS shots is in this game people hit more FIR/GIR than they do IRL, it's no good just compering one aspect of IRL when it suits you argument.

A perfectly hit putt can miss in real life because no green has totally true roll. So implementing this is realistic. You don't want a game that simulates golf as good as possible - you want a pure video game. I know skill with the stick or mouse is important to a proud video gamer. But golf simply isn't predictable and has to do with luck. I applaud every effort of the devs to implement this crucial element of golf.

My first impression is that it is a little overdone. And the green reading process is too precise.

#44 in2minds

in2minds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

You are right, no golfer hits the ball the same way every time.  Or twice in a row (Moe Norman excepted).  And that's why every swing you make in PG is different from every other swing you make.  They are never identical.  Close if you're really, really good.  I'll hazard a guess that you play 3C.  A perfect snap is 0.00000.  A snap of 0.04954 will affect the flight of your ball adding a small amount of sidespin. If you think a snap of 0.0 is a perfect snap and will give you identical results you are mistaken.  Add in wind effects and the randomness you propose is already there.

No i'm a RTS-C

#45 in2minds

in2minds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:48 PM

A perfectly hit putt can miss in real life because no green has totally true roll. So implementing this is realistic. You don't want a game that simulates golf as good as possible - you want a pure video game. I know skill with the stick or mouse is important to a proud video gamer. But golf simply isn't predictable and has to do with luck. I applaud every effort of the devs to implement this crucial element of golf.

My first impression is that it is a little overdone. And the green reading process is too precise.

Yes but PP haven't implemented the "randomness" in the right way FOR A PC GAME the randomness is random, so 2 people can have the same put (or as near as possible) but one put will go left one will right and another one may go straight? and that's my big problem with the random randomness.  

#46 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:50 PM

Joe, I think I'm a pretty good 3 clicker at Pro or TP and I can tell you I've only ever seen 3 perfect swings during the countless hours I've practiced. No, that's not a typo, I've only hit 3 swings with a perfect 0. It's one of the reasons why this game is so good to play. In Links as an Elite Power Stroker, I could replicate a shot after only a few attempts, in JNPG I can't ever replicate a shot. Power/spin/wind/strike errors all change the characteristics of the ball flight. Right, I'm off  back to the practice course to see if there's any way of hitting flops with any kind of consistency................. :( 

• JoeF, Ron Piskorik and Vernon520 like this

#47 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:01 PM

Yes but PP haven't implemented the "randomness" in the right way FOR A PC GAME the randomness is random, so 2 people can have the same put (or as near as possible) but one put will go left one will right and another one may go straight? and that's my big problem with the random randomness.  

ROFLMAO........that's hilarious....

• Ian, LeazesNDR and Vernon520 like this

#48 in2minds

in2minds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

ROFLMAO........that's hilarious....

Why? are you saying i'm wrong in what i'm saying?.

#49 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:10 PM

Randomness is the lack of pattern or predictability in events. A random sequence of events, symbols or steps has no order and does not follow an intelligible pattern or combination.

You said:-

This is whole point of randomness and is why one will go left, one will go right and one will stay straight.

Out of 10 consecutive putts all hit the same you might have:-

Straight, Left, Straight, Right, Left, Straight, Straight, Straight, Right, Left.

It is a random sequence. You seem to want the randomness to be predictable.

#50 in2minds

in2minds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:15 PM

Randomness is the lack of pattern or predictability in events. A random sequence of events, symbols or steps has no order and does not follow an intelligible pattern or combination.

This is why one will go left, one will go right and one will stay straight.

Out of 10 consecutive putts all hit the same you might have:-

Straight, Left, Straight, Right, Left, Straight, Straight, Straight, Right, Left.

It is a random sequence.

And you think that's how golf is played IRL lol.

#51 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:19 PM

And you think that's how golf is played IRL lol.

Who's talking about real life. You are picking fault at the randomness the realistic greens setting is having on the outcome of a putt in the game.

My reply has shown what the outcome of 10 putts can be in the game using this setting. There is no guarantee a putt will hold it's line ike it will on a perfect green setting. Nothing to do with rel life, we are talking about the game.

Like we have said many times. If you don't like the randomness of the realistic and bumpy greens, stick with the predictably of the perfect greens.

#52 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:31 PM

Why? are you saying i'm wrong in what i'm saying?.

No.  You said PG's Randomness is too random.   That is freaking funny.

• Ian and Ron Piskorik like this

#53 in2minds

in2minds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

No.  You said PG's Randomness is too random.   That is freaking funny.

Yes i'm not explaining my OP very well, i get that in real life golf 2 players can miss the same straight put, but i think that's down to the golfer not hitting the ball right, in this game 2 golfers can miss the same straight put hitting the ball perfectly, the green shouldn't randomly change texture for the 2nd/3rd/4th player in the group of players playing at the same time.

#54 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:55 PM

In my opinion, the new green settings (especially the realistic one) are simply the BEST additions in this update.

I honestly think that "realistic" should be the default and "perfect" should be gone.

lol

Don't crucify me and don't worry those that love the perfect setting.  I'm sure it's not going away.

Just my opinion.  haha

• Ian, Armand and Vernon520 like this

#55 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:57 PM

No i'm a RTS-C

Cool.  Then you have even more variables.   :)

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

#56 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:58 PM

In my opinion, the new green settings (especially the realistic one) are simply the BEST additions in this update.

I honestly think that "realistic" should be the default and "perfect" should be gone.

lol

Don't crucify me and don't worry those that love the perfect setting.  I'm sure it's not going away.

Just my opinion.  haha

I concur but with one caveat...."perfect" greens should still be available for newcomers to the game. In the higher difficulties such as Pro and Tour Pro is where I think "realistic" and "bumpy" greens should be, IMO.

• Ian likes this
PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#57 footslogger

footslogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:59 PM

pls delete

#58 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:01 PM

JNPG is not a PC game, it's a PC SIM of the game of golf.  The Golf Club is a PC golf game.

• erwildcat likes this

#59 in2minds

in2minds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:05 PM

pls delete

BECAUSE IT SHOULDN'T BE LIKE THIS, how do you think game improve, it comes from OP i'm not asking you to agree with me, but its simply wrong i have never seen morphing greens on TV or real life. 

#60 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

BECAUSE IT SHOULDN'T BE LIKE THIS, how do you think game improve, it comes from OP i'm not asking you to agree with me, but its simply wrong i have never seen morphing greens on TV or real life. 

Would it be easier to accept if you thought of it as the sum of all uncontrollable variables that influence a putt rather than just the putting surface?

It's not labeled as such but I like to think of it that way.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users