Photo

The good, the bad and the downright ugly.

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#81 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:09 PM

In my opinion, the new green settings (especially the realistic one) are simply the BEST additions in this update.

I honestly think that "realistic" should be the default and "perfect" should be gone.

lol

Don't crucify me and don't worry those that love the perfect setting.  I'm sure it's not going away.

Just my opinion.  haha

This is an insult to even suggest this.  The game is about options, NOT taking those options away.  Next will come the bare players wanting all info removed at the top two levels.  This game is dangerously close to a major fail if suggestions like this one are implemented.  I play games to play them MY way and believe settings to that effect should always be allowed.  Your vision and some others seems to be to take away an every increasing amount of those options for everyone else.  Play the way you like but please stop trying to force everyone else onto YOUR terms.  You can refuse to play others who put up the original greens in rounds, it is that simple.  But if this outrageous suggestion was to be implemented then I would be forced onto your terms where as you were NEVER forced onto mine.  Stop being selfish of others as this is a clear indication of it.

Now before someone posts a flippant remark about me wanting things my way, I shall beat you to the chase.  My suggestion allows all to either play a hosted multiplayer round or not their own way without being forced to play.  It seems to be high time for a separate version of this game.  One for the status lovers and egotists who love their name on a digital scoreboard and a separate game for multiplayer rounds only.  This way all those who refuse to understand that this is a game only can continue to make the game harder to play until even the tournaments only version of the game losses many due to ever increasing restrictions.  

#82 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:10 PM

This is an insult to even suggest this...

No it's not an "insult" - Please calm down a little...
I was being lighthearted. (see all the lol & haha stuff?)

#83 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

What are the greens morphing in to?

Stick to perfect greens and all your morphing issues will go away.

Some of us intend to do just that if those like Buck do not convince PP to suck more joy out of this game and remove them on ANY skill level at all.

#84 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:13 PM

Some of us intend to do just that if those like Buck do not convince PP to suck more joy out of this game and remove them on ANY skill level at all.

ha!
If you think many of my ideas are likely to get implemented in PG, I'm not sure you've been paying attention!

:D

#85 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:19 PM

:D  :) 1fq7re.jpg

#86 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:22 PM

I was going to like this post, but its message is (I think) sarcastic.  My thoughts are exactly as posted, though:  by all means, yes please, add random left/right on tee shots, approaches and all other shots!

EDIT:  I made a post in mid-October when we first heard of "realistic greens", but the post was at another forum, and I'm glad that my last comment was incorrect :)  Now, to work on getting randomness into the tee shots and approaches...  ;)

The stupid suggestion of the year award goes to Armand.  Do you seriously think more than a handful of players would stay if putting random mishits on drives in?!!  

I can only imagine the mess this would create in a race sim.  Imagine randomness being put into the steering.  The player turns the wheel the correct amount but because we are human with "randomness" the developer decided it should be in the race game.  Now the player who did everything right hitting the apex at the correct speed and angle suddenly had the "randomness" kick in and sends him into a wall.  That is as ridiculous there as it would be to have random hits here.  When will the ever increasing nonsense in this forum end?  Good grief!

#87 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:25 PM

Well,

We know where a certain poster stands in their opinion of randomness in video games of skill. We also know how they stand in their opinion about the OPTIONAL realistic greens settings and the Bumpy greens setting. Repeating the argument over and over will not make me change my view. You can say it a thousand different ways over a thousand times and that does not change the facts that:

A ) It is an option.

B ) For some people it simulates realism adequately.

C ) You are telling other people how they should play the game. Even more disturbingly that they should not play the game a certain way.

D ) That the settings are not "wrong" in any way. They just are.

E ) Opinions will vary.

In addition using straw man or slippery slope arguments may work in some cases, maybe even here but that does not change the logic of such arguments being flawed. The developers, I believe, have no intention of introducing artificial randomness in the swings. The logic behind this observation is that we as human beings are the random element when it comes to the swing mechanics which display that randomness beautifully from my point of view. In addition there are other artificial random calculations within the game such as wind which affect ball trajectory and landing angle and speed which are used to calculate the physics of the balls reaction striking  a given object and the resulting path. The CHOICE to use the realistic or bumpy greens gives the user the CHOICE to add an additional artificial randomness to the putting game that for them EMULATES the randomness of green putting in the real world.

If you have the belief that real life putting has only the randomness of the strike of the blade and the balls path then we cannot help you as science has proven otherwise. My own experience has proven otherwise and you evidently live in a world where the laws of physics or science operates different from mine. You should be glad that the developers did not say, you know what this is more realistically representative and even though we cannot emulate real life exactly it is better than what we had before which represented it much more poorly and made some variation of realistic or bumpy the ONLY way to play.

We understand how you feel. You have expressed it quite clearly. Many times. Some of us simply disagree with your logic and honestly I personally reject the premise that a video game cannot strive to add the randomness that we encounter every day of our lives. If your looking for an escape from that then this is not your game. Plain and simple. Just because you declare something a non starter or wrong does not make it so with the exception of within your own mind or to those that may agree with you. It is getting to the point as if your making some grand moral argument and you are the final judge of what that morality is.

Lastly, "lighten up Francis".

Sincerely,

SC  :mellow:

"C ) You are telling other people how they should play the game. Even more disturbingly that they should not play the game a certain way."

Thank you and hellaluyah, someone finally gets it!  Thumb way up!

#88 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:28 PM

No offence but here we go again.  When will some stop trying to dictate what all else should use?  If this direction keeps up the joy of this game will be completely sucked away for the majority.  People need to stop trying to make the game more difficult (realistic) for all just because some players deem it not to their liking.  What ever happened to the original philosophy of this game to allow players to play their own way?!  

This is why I have always been so adamant about the ridiculousness of some worrying about every little thing being on the same keel.  I shall repeat again what skill settings are meant for.  They are meant to make the game challenging yet enjoyable for the user who chooses them.  They are not, I repeat not meant to force all on some perceived even playing keel.  The silliness goes on to include complaints on who uses what game controller.  i have never seen one single post from PP saying thou shalt not use a 3rd party controller.  Yet some here are called cheaters for doing so.  This is ludicrousness and insanity rolled into one sloppy shaped ball.

I predicted long ago that this would happen and have one more prediction to make.  Just wait and see that some will start complaining that others have an advantage because they have a faster computer.  Do not think it will not happen.  Every other mundane non point is being scrutinized and worried about.  

I have had my custom snap difficulty settings taken away.  Now some want to force my new default custom pro player to be forced to use the realistic or bumpiness settings for greens only?  This is nothing but an outrage and selfishness in the extreme!  Yet each and every time I say this smacks of an egotist or elitist worrying about status playing a video game I am told I am wrong.  If I am wrong then why do some continually want an ever decreasing range of options that others can play in a non tournament system who plays multiplayer?  For crying out loud to those who care about such mundane things please just give it a rest.  If you are this concerned about everything being just so then I suggest you stop playing this or any game and life for that matter.  Nothing in life is exactly the same.

This post was directed at all on the other side of this issue DivotMaker, not just directed towards you.  

Offense taken since you fired right at me.....that being said.....you are entitled to your OPINIONS. I and others here are entitled to OURS.

Not sure why you choose to get all bent out of shape when others express an opinion. Do you honestly think 2 posts in one thread are going impact the changes mentioned? I responded to an opinion, yet I was defending others ability to play with perfect greens at least for beginners. That does NOT mean that I want to yank perfect greens for everyone. Lighten up and stop taking every post as some affront to the way you want this game to play. This is a forum and the intent of this forum is for members to share ideas, good, bad, or indifferent. There is no need for the confrontational responses because we are giving opinions and having a civil discussion, not attacking anyone or anything. Please lighten up.....we have a great update just released for the game. This update is going to take some TIME for users to get comfortable with it. Lets give it time and in the mean time, opinions and ideas are just that.....they aren't the Ten Commandments of JNPG.

• Greensboronclion likes this
PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#89 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:32 PM

I played a tad more today and i really like the realistic settings. Maybe the deviation could be a tad less. But overall it is a very innovative feature. Adds absolutely to the simulation aspect of the game. (Would still like an alternative green reading method  ;) . BLi and Grid are too precise. No chance to misread a putt).

The lack of spin when pitching and generally with the wedges was obvious to me. Cannot bring a pitch to stop (hop-hop-sit), even when going into overswing. I know that the spin was way too much before, but now it seems a bit too less. I cannot pull back my wedges anymore and partial shorts have a lot of rollout. I would expect a 90% 64W to sit with the third bounce. In the game it doesn't right now. But maybe i am wrong and the amount of spin is right. 

". No chance to misread a putt)."

Oh really?  So are you saying if you use the bli and the grids that you make 100% of putts?  Damn but you are good!  :P  If not then you sentence is flawed.

#90 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:33 PM

No chance to misread a putt)."

Oh really?  So are you saying if you use the bli and the grids that you make 100% of putts?  Damn but you are good!   :P  If not then you sentence is flawed.

Maybe his 2nd phrase was wrong about "no chance", but his point about the BLI at least being too precise I agree with.

It's literally like a CAD tool for landscape analysis.  Just way way too much detailed information about what's happening everywhere you drag it around the green

..in my opinion anyways. (which is all we're all giving here..)

#91 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:36 PM

No it's not an "insult" - Please calm down a little...
I was being lighthearted. (see all the lol & haha stuff?)

I disagree as this is how I lost my custom snap levels, someone had to suggest it first.  I am trying to nip this one in the bud before it gets a chance to flourish.  Maybe for once PP will see my side on a suggestion.

#92 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:37 PM

:D  :) 1fq7re.jpg

Simple answer, this is my favourite pastime.

#93 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:38 PM

I disagree as this is how I lost my custom snap levels, someone had to suggest it first.  I am trying to nip this one in the bud before it gets a chance to flourish.  Maybe for once PP will see my side on a suggestion.

Hate to break it to you, but PP is not taking sides. Not yours, not mine, not anyone's. They are taking the side of the entire community and what is best for the many, not the one or the few.

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#94 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:39 PM

The custom snap levels went away because the main point of the difficulty levels is to set the assists.

Once you start changing those, you are no longer "on that difficultly level".

#95 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:43 PM

Offense taken since you fired right at me.....that being said.....you are entitled to your OPINIONS. I and others here are entitled to OURS.

Not sure why you choose to get all bent out of shape when others express an opinion. Do you honestly think 2 posts in one thread are going impact the changes mentioned? I responded to an opinion, yet I was defending others ability to play with perfect greens at least for beginners. That does NOT mean that I want to yank perfect greens for everyone. Lighten up and stop taking every post as some affront to the way you want this game to play. This is a forum and the intent of this forum is for members to share ideas, good, bad, or indifferent. There is no need for the confrontational responses because we are giving opinions and having a civil discussion, not attacking anyone or anything. Please lighten up.....we have a great update just released for the game. This update is going to take some TIME for users to get comfortable with it. Lets give it time and in the mean time, opinions and ideas are just that.....they aren't the Ten Commandments of JNPG.

Every thing that has been implemented in this game started as a suggestion.  So now is the time to put up a strong disagreement of it before the poisoned minds set in.  I am sorry you took my post as being confrontational.  I have never understood why a well thought out post full of pertinent points is taken this way.  Could it be that I have left no room for a rebuttal.  I think so.  :)

#96 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:44 PM

Could it be that I have left no room for a rebuttal.  I think so.   :)

Could also be that your views on some of this are shared by a small minority of the community.

;)

All equally possible..   :)

#97 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:45 PM

Simple answer, this is my favourite pastime.

So are you saying you are Golden Bear now?

I'm sure in the past you swore that you weren't!  :P

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#98 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:47 PM

Hate to break it to you, but PP is not taking sides. Not yours, not mine, not anyone's. They are taking the side of the entire community and what is best for the many, not the one or the few.

Sorry but those whose suggestions are taken are from this community which is only the few.

Tis a shame that you and others think that the 1% that follows this forum is a majority when it is not.  The entire community entails all that play this game, not just those who frequent the forum.

A great thing to implement in the game is this.  Have PP put in the news column on the right of the multiplayer lobby (it is doing nothing atm  with way old news) polls for possible changes to the game.  All players would have to answer each poll put there before they could play any further rounds.  Then and ONLY then will the community be effectively represented.  Right now only those more concerned about tournaments are being represented in the majority here.

#99 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:48 PM

So are you saying you are Golden Bear now?

I'm sure in the past you swore that you weren't!  :P

What has calling this my favourite pastime have to do with some player called Golden Bear?  I fail to see your logic and you are incorrect.  It grows tiresome being accused of this and I guess this Golden Bear must have rocked a few people's lives.

#100 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:49 PM

This thread just cracks me up.  Thanks for the laugh.

• Greensboronclion likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users