Photo

Windows 10 version of Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 10 version of JNPG purchase likelihood (133 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following choices will you make concerning the forthcoming Windows 10 release of Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf?

1. Buy it as a current owner of the Steam version (86 votes [64.66%])

Percentage of vote: 64.66%

2. Buy it as a non-owner of the Steam version (2 votes [1.50%])

Percentage of vote: 1.50%

3. Not buy it as a current owner of the Steam version (24 votes [18.05%])

Percentage of vote: 18.05%

4. Not buy it as a non-owner of the Steam version (1 votes [0.75%])

Percentage of vote: 0.75%

5. Buy the XBox One version (3 votes [2.26%])

Percentage of vote: 2.26%

6. Buy both the Windows 10 PC and one, or both console versions (14 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

7. Buy the PS4 version (3 votes [2.26%])

Percentage of vote: 2.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:48 PM

I have no intentions of buying a win 10 version. Over a year ago I spent more than I should have for a new computer (win 8.1) just to play JNPG ( trying to eliminate stutters and it didn't work ). Now I would probably have to spend over 200 bucks for a win 10 OS. With PG taking a firm stand on the new physics I don't see me spending much more to play this game the way it is. It's just not as much fun as it used to be for me.

It sounds like you've got more reasons for not wanting to buy the Windows 10 version of JNPG, than just the cost of the OS (which was free for me, during the free upgrade window that ran for months).  I'd be surprised if the Windows 10 version doesn't deal with the stuttering issue (I take it you mean 3-click meter stuttering) better than the current version.  I'm not a 3-clicker myself, but I did try it just to see what those who are were talking about.  I did get stutter on occasion and can see where it would be a buzzkill.

The matter of the new physics is more subjective and I really don't know what we can resolve here about it.  I prefer the new physics to the old, but I'd say they still need tweaking.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#22 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:54 PM

Would not buy as I already own the "Steam" version. though I may consider a Win10 version IF I get it at a reduced cost.

I look at it this way... would you agree that JNPG on Windows 10 would be as much of a new game as The Golf Club 2 is to The Golf Club?  I think it will be.  HB Studios is going to charge the price of a full game for TGC 2, therefore, it only stands to reason that JNPG Windows 10 is a new, stand alone product, deserving of a new price of admission.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#23 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:17 PM

I have no intentions of buying a win 10 version. Over a year ago I spent more than I should have for a new computer (win 8.1) just to play JNPG ( trying to eliminate stutters and it didn't work ). Now I would probably have to spend over 200 bucks for a win 10 OS. With PG taking a firm stand on the new physics I don't see me spending much more to play this game the way it is. It's just not as much fun as it used to be for me.

if you or anybody is up for it u can try one of these ways to upgrade without buying windows 10...i waited till the free one year was almost up before i upgraded.

http://www.techspot....#commentsOffset

#24 stopits back

stopits back

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:30 PM

I look at it this way... would you agree that JNPG on Windows 10 would be as much of a new game as The Golf Club 2 is to The Golf Club?  I think it will be.  HB Studios is going to charge the price of a full game for TGC 2, therefore, it only stands to reason that JNPG Windows 10 is a new, stand alone product, deserving of a new price of admission.

Any idea if the xbox version will be a "play anywhere" title if not why not?.

#25 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:43 PM

Any idea if the xbox version will be a "play anywhere" title if not why not?.

Andrew Jones said in this post that they are debating whether to make it Play Anywhere:

http://www.perfectpa...ublic/?p=124080

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#26 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

I voted " Buy the XBox One version, or later the PS4 version instead", but I wish you would have split this into two separate choices. This may have helped to distinguish which console version a person prefers.

-MERACE

#27 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:52 PM

I voted " Buy the XBox One version, or later the PS4 version instead", but I wish you would have split this into two separate choices. This may have helped to distinguish which console version a person prefers.

-MERACE

I can do that... check it again in a few minutes.

EDIT: Done, and you can go back and delete your original vote, and vote again for the new choice.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#28 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

My vote is really more like... Definite buying the W10 version (no question) and I might buy the XB1 version out of pure curiosity. Nearly all of my gaming is done on the PC these days. Not because I'm necessarily a PC gaming snob but mostly because I leave the consoles for my son to use.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#29 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

I look at it this way... would you agree that JNPG on Windows 10 would be as much of a new game as The Golf Club 2 is to The Golf Club? I think it will be. HB Studios is going to charge the price of a full game for TGC 2, therefore, it only stands to reason that JNPG Windows 10 is a new, stand alone product, deserving of a new price of admission.

Can't say I really agree. HB will put out a full version of their next game. And improve on what they have made. Will PP do the same? Look, the way jnpg has come around is really half ass at best. The game is still beta, wonky physics at times, an avatar with broken wrists, and so on. So no I wouldn't pay full price for the Win10 version. In fact I'd be quite upset if they did release a Windows version that had everything that should have been in the Steam version.
  • les1959, migs and shredspillers like this

#30 shredspillers

shredspillers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

It sounds like you've got more reasons for not wanting to buy the Windows 10 version of JNPG, than just the cost of the OS (which was free for me, during the free upgrade window that ran for months).  I'd be surprised if the Windows 10 version doesn't deal with the stuttering issue (I take it you mean 3-click meter stuttering) better than the current version.  I'm not a 3-clicker myself, but I did try it just to see what those who are were talking about.  I did get stutter on occasion and can see where it would be a buzzkill.

The matter of the new physics is more subjective and I really don't know what we can resolve here about it.  I prefer the new physics to the old, but I'd say they still need tweaking.

I have Windows 10 and can attest to the fact that my stutters, new meter jumps since update and 3rd click slides are moving along quite nicely.

#31 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

Can't say I really agree. HB will put out a full version of their next game. And improve on what they have made. Will PP do the same? Look, the way jnpg has come around is really half ass at best. The game is still beta, wonky physics at times, an avatar with broken wrists, and so on. So no I wouldn't pay full price for the Win10 version. In fact I'd be quite upset if they did release a Windows version that had everything that should have been in the Steam version.

I think going to Windows 10, DirectX 11, Unity 5.5, new mo-capped golfers, 3-D grass, career mode, cross-playability with XBox One version, performance levels ~ 2X what we have now IS a new version of the game.  OTOH, I know people will draw the line differently on this.  As to what could be in this version that should have been in the Steam version, that's another debate.  I'm sure opinions would be all over the park for that one!

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#32 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:51 PM

I have Windows 10 and can attest to the fact that my stutters, new meter jumps since update and 3rd click slides are moving along quite nicely.

I wish I had a point of reference for 3-click stuttering when I was still using Windows 8.1, but I don't.  In the three or four rounds I played with 3-click using Windows 10, I'd say I averaged two stutters per round.

• shredspillers likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#33 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:15 PM

Something I'm curious about re: the upcoming Win 10 version: how difficult will it be to convert user made courses from the current Steam version to the new one? Will the designers have to recreate their courses from scratch or will there be an easy conversion process?

There have been a lot of really well done courses out in just the last few weeks, I think a lot of users might be a little put off at losing access to these great courses for an extended length of time if switching to the new Win 10 version when we are just now getting them to play in PG.

Mike or AJ, can you comment on the conversion process please?

Thanks!

Ken

#34 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:46 PM

Will courses designed on the PC be playable on a console ?

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#35 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:22 PM

KenR, great questions... I hope you get an answer on them soon, although I picked up something somewhere along the line that suggests that the courses can be converted without starting from scratch.  

Clubcaptain, I'm sure the courses created on the PC will be playable on the consoles.  Every course that will be on the XBox One version will have been created on the PC version.  What we don't know yet is how user created courses will be made available to console version owners. My guess is that PP is going to distribute select user created courses of their choosing.  I'd like to see PP open up a channel for votes from the users as to which user made courses they'd like to see on the consoles.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#36 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:53 PM

KenR, for 3d grass, there will have to be a new Course Forge, so designers can put in the 3d grass layers.  If there's no 3d layers, courses will render as they currently are.  That's what these chicken bones are telling me anyway :)

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#37 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:41 AM

KenR, great questions... I hope you get an answer on them soon, although I picked up something somewhere along the line that suggests that the courses can be converted without starting from scratch.  

Clubcaptain, I'm sure the courses created on the PC will be playable on the consoles.  Every course that will be on the XBox One version will have been created on the PC version.  What we don't know yet is how user created courses will be made available to console version owners. My guess is that PP is going to distribute select user created courses of their choosing.  I'd like to see PP open up a channel for votes from the users as to which user made courses they'd like to see on the consoles.

That sounds like there will be a lot fewer user created courses on the consoles. Is that really a good move ? For consoles choice is more limited and PC owners will have to put up with some inferior courses. Inferior meaning what I don't know. 

Would such a vote as you mention mean a course will have to have a minimum percentage of votes. Who's to say what's good and what's bad. I know I wouldn't vote for certain courses because of my subjective opinion. Others may vote for them because their subjective opinions are different - not right - just different.  This kind of thing has raged through all golf games through the ages and never had a truly satisfactory outcome. 

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#38 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:07 AM

That sounds like there will be a lot fewer user created courses on the consoles. Is that really a good move ? For consoles choice is more limited and PC owners will have to put up with some inferior courses. Inferior meaning what I don't know. 

Would such a vote as you mention mean a course will have to have a minimum percentage of votes. Who's to say what's good and what's bad. I know I wouldn't vote for certain courses because of my subjective opinion. Others may vote for them because their subjective opinions are different - not right - just different.  This kind of thing has raged through all golf games through the ages and never had a truly satisfactory outcome. 

The consoles will seemingly not see as many courses as the PC version for sure.  Is that a good move?  Maybe not the ideal move that console owners would like, but I don't know what PP's alternatives would be in this case.  The courses will have to be stored on the console owners hard drive's, not PP's central servers.  Therefore, they can't make every whimsical course that Joe Sixpack procedurally generates available for everyone to play.  Furthermore, the licensing of material that goes through the proprietary networks for Microsoft and Sony are subject to far more restrictions than the current arrangement with the PC version, and Steam.

The console owners would have more limited choices, but by and large, the user created courses that would eventually find they way onto XBox Live and PSN, would be mostly quality courses.  PC owners would have to put up with some inferior courses?  Well, we already do now, IMO, so I don't see anything changing with that, but it's not a game breaker for sure.  I've deleted over a dozen courses off of my PC's hard drive, and some of them didn't take long to be fated for delection.

As for selecting what user created courses make their way to the consoles, certainly there will be some subjectivity in that, whether it's a pure user vote or not.  I wish I had an easy answer to this that would please all gamers, but I don't.  All I do know is that a methodology has to be in place to handle it.  

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#39 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:09 AM

Is there any game on Xbox (or PS4 for that matter) where the users can pick and choose what addons they get similar to Steam's Workshop files?

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#40 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:42 AM

I'm having a hard time buying it (for Windows 10) unless it is a polished version, with all the bells and whistles (I won't go into detail...you know what they are). I need to have all the features that were implied as being part of the game when I first invested in it. I'd assume there would be a discount for all the years of loyalty. (I don't know if I am being sarcastic or not...more tequila!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users