Photo

Windows 10 version of Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 10 version of JNPG purchase likelihood (133 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following choices will you make concerning the forthcoming Windows 10 release of Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf?

1. Buy it as a current owner of the Steam version (86 votes [64.66%])

Percentage of vote: 64.66%

2. Buy it as a non-owner of the Steam version (2 votes [1.50%])

Percentage of vote: 1.50%

3. Not buy it as a current owner of the Steam version (24 votes [18.05%])

Percentage of vote: 18.05%

4. Not buy it as a non-owner of the Steam version (1 votes [0.75%])

Percentage of vote: 0.75%

5. Buy the XBox One version (3 votes [2.26%])

Percentage of vote: 2.26%

6. Buy both the Windows 10 PC and one, or both console versions (14 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

7. Buy the PS4 version (3 votes [2.26%])

Percentage of vote: 2.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:54 AM

You could see where most of the license courses for the console to make up for the lack of user courses just like every other golf game except tgc..but then again u can see the same thing as it is now ...we will all find out in due time

#42 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:05 AM

Is there any game on Xbox (or PS4 for that matter) where the users can pick and choose what addons they get similar to Steam's Workshop files?

Not that I'm aware of. It's all about the DLC with consoles. You either have it or you don't.

#43 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:49 PM

Is there any game on Xbox (or PS4 for that matter) where the users can pick and choose what addons they get similar to Steam's Workshop files?

You can decide what DLC you want or not, yet still have a functional game.  My favorite game, Forza 6, is a classic example.  You can buy the Porsche car pack, the NASCAR car pack, or the Furious 7 car pack, and race with and against the cars included in those packs or not.  I opted to buy the first two, but not the latter.  When a Furious 7 car pack race comes up that I want to race in, I have to sit it out.   

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#44 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:54 PM

I'm having a hard time buying it (for Windows 10) unless it is a polished version, with all the bells and whistles (I won't go into detail...you know what they are). I need to have all the features that were implied as being part of the game when I first invested in it. I'd assume there would be a discount for all the years of loyalty. (I don't know if I am being sarcastic or not...more tequila!).

I'm sure the quality of the Windows 10 version will be the determining factor in the general market's purchase decision.  A lot of us here are Zealots, like me, who are going to buy it sight unseen, and in my case, very likely all three versions  :wacko:  ;)

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#45 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:02 PM

Will need to see what is included in the Win10 or Xbox1 release before making any decision... No time for "early access" releases these days.  I do enjoy the forums, though!

• Fairwayman likes this

#46 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:58 PM

A lot of us here are Zealots, like me, who are going to buy it sight unseen...

For PC I'm a yes but in console, definitely not an insta-buy.
Especially since I built a HTPC around a 1070 and the performance is sensational.

For me a console version would be an alternative way to play in some scenarios and as such it needs to have 3rd party courses or there is just no point. They can be paid and/or part of a Season Pass, all that's fine, but I really can't see myself being interested in "going back in time" and having 10-20 courses between built in and DLC and that's "it"...

That said, I'm obviously all in on any new PC version.

#47 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:14 PM

Will need to see what is included in the Win10 or Xbox1 release before making any decision... No time for "early access" releases these days.  I do enjoy the forums, though!

I'm curious about reading people's thoughts about what they're expecting out of the Windows 10/XBox One release of JNPG.  In terms of new features and game performance, what's toing to take to get you to buy it?  My guess as to the major differences and additions to JNPG Windows 10 are:

3-D grass

Hi-res, semi-configurable, mo-capped golfers

SpeedTree Instancing (reputed doubling of frame rates)

Unity 5.5 performance and graphics advances

Cross-play between XBox One and W10 versions

Career mode... maybe

I stuck Career mode on to the end of that list because I get the impression it's going to be pretty involved, and will take some more focused development time after they've gotten the new "game" shored up.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#48 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:21 PM

For PC I'm a yes but in console, definitely not an insta-buy.
Especially since I built a HTPC around a 1070 and the performance is sensational.

For me a console version would be an alternative way to play in some scenarios and as such it needs to have 3rd party courses or there is just no point. They can be paid and/or part of a Season Pass, all that's fine, but I really can't see myself being interested in "going back in time" and having 10-20 courses between built in and DLC and that's "it"...

That said, I'm obviously all in on any new PC version.

I want a console version(s) so I'll have a convenient means to take the game with me when I travel.  I also have friends on the PS4, with whom I'd like to play the game.  Since the XBox One and Windows 10 PC versions would be cross playable, I wouldn't really need to buy an XBox One just to play against my XBL friends.  What I do like about the XBox One is the ease with which one can hook up for a game and have built in voice chat capablity.  Finally, the geek in me just wants to see how the game is translated and performs on the consoles.  The Golf Club came across pretty well on the PS4, but the XBox One version was and remains a disappointment in terms of performance.  

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#49 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:44 AM

This is a difficult one as I for one want to see the game improve and be the best it can be. If that means a new version for PC then I think I would likely purchase it as long as the improvements are justified- DX12, 3d grass, mo cap golfers etc. If that is going to be for a full new game fee or for an update price then that is out of my hands.

The amount of work and improvements that the developers have done so far is very impressive and encouraging and would hope that this project only continues to get better as it certainly has done over the months since the original greenlight product

I do not own or plan to own any console- I last had a Sega Megadrive back in the 90s- so I dont really see this as an issue

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#50 dexter morgan

dexter morgan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

I want a console version(s) so I'll have a convenient means to take the game with me when I travel.  I also have friends on the PS4, with whom I'd like to play the game.  Since the XBox One and Windows 10 PC versions would be cross playable, I wouldn't really need to buy an XBox One just to play against my XBL friends.  What I do like about the XBox One is the ease with which one can hook up for a game and have built in voice chat capablity.  Finally, the geek in me just wants to see how the game is translated and performs on the consoles.  The Golf Club came across pretty well on the PS4, but the XBox One version was and remains a disappointment in terms of performance.  

That's all well and good but if the Xbox one only supports for 10 courses and the windows 10 version has 100 courses how is this going to be cross platform gaming?.

#51 MOD45

MOD45

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:15 AM

I look at it this way... would you agree that JNPG on Windows 10 would be as much of a new game as The Golf Club 2 is to The Golf Club?  I think it will be.  HB Studios is going to charge the price of a full game for TGC 2, therefore, it only stands to reason that JNPG Windows 10 is a new, stand alone product, deserving of a new price of admission.

I paid for a game called Perfect Golf which was supposed to have all the features under the sun including a fully fleshed out career mode. If they are going to charge for a new version why should I pay for it when already have?

Did I pay for a game called "Half Arsed Finished Golf"?

• Parboy, les1959 and migs like this

#52 dexter morgan

dexter morgan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

I paid for a game called Perfect Golf which was supposed to have all the features under the sun including a fully fleshed out career mode. If they are going to charge for a new version why should I pay for it when already have?

Did I pay for a game called "Half Arsed Finished Golf"?

Fair point, unless we are talking 12/18 months down the line for the new game this game only came out on May 6th, specially as it looks like the steam version will be a lame duck with only fixes and no updates. 

#53 jeffield

jeffield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:41 AM

I would think if pp wasn't going to release a stand alone seperate pc or console version they probably would come on here and tell you that. No response most definately would mean that there will be a. Seperate version and the updates discussed with motion capture and career mode probably won't be coming to this version. (Thats a little disappointing ). As all along they said that this game. Would be added to by updates (paid or unpaid) and that pp is not Interested in recharging people (for a new game) to get the continued progress of the game. Ie. (EA sports) That impressed me back when I bought the game on steam. And of course if a second / better version does come out then this version will become useless as all of the new coursesand improvements will be for the new game. That being said we have to see if they respond to this topic soon before we all jump to conclusions.

#54 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:28 PM

My question is when playing with another player, will the Windows 10 version, stop the slow motion jitters?  When others host the ball will start and stop 6-8 times during the shot, especially noticeable when landing on the green. Lands moves, stops, goes, stops, goes then finally stops.  This is very annoying.

#55 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:59 PM

I am already using Windows 10 to play this game on Steam, so I am not sure what a release of this game for Windows 10 means. What will the differences be?

• Foreleft! likes this

#56 dexter morgan

dexter morgan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

I am already using Windows 10 to play this game on Steam, so I am not sure what a release of this game for Windows 10 means. What will the differences be?

1. it will be a new game and cost you $$$$$£££££.

2. you will be able to play all your xbox one friends.

• Jimbo63 likes this

#57 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:34 PM

It's not so much a Windows 10 version (I am also on Win 10) as it is an Xbox Live version, that allows Windows 10 and Xbox One players to play together.  This is new integration that Microsoft has developed over the last year or so.  Steam has no integration with Xbox Live and neither does Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Mac or Linux which is all supported by the Steam version.

• Jimbo63 likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#58 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

My question is when playing with another player, will the Windows 10 version, stop the slow motion jitters? When others host the ball will start and stop 6-8 times during the shot, especially noticeable when landing on the green. Lands moves, stops, goes, stops, goes then finally stops. This is very annoying.

Can't answer that as no private test version has been made available. Only the Devs have access to the build, however far down the production line it is.

#59 Foreleft!

Foreleft!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:11 PM

Not a gamer here.  My big thing is whether the Win10 version has all the features the Steam version doesn't (left-handed, female golfers, a way to modify them ala TW are big for me).

Would the Steam version be kept even with the PC and console versions as afar as features?

HP 750-171 - MS W10 Home 64bit - Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40 GHz - 16GB SK Hynix 1600MHz - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745, 8,100 MB RAM

#60 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:30 PM

Andrew said the Steam version will continue to be supported.

Don't know the finer details.

Maybe Win 10/XBOX Live will be DX11 and Steam will be DX9. Just a guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users