375 replies to this topic

#341 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:35 PM

Ah Ted yes, cricket affecting the golf swing, I've been there myself.  I played cricket for 25 years before giving it up to play golf.

Now you've played completed the 2nd of our matches, I can explain the duff on the first tee!

I came straight from a shite day at work, sat myself down and jumped straight into the match without any practise apart from a few 'on the tee' fresh air wafts.  Well that whole 'click the yellow dot' thing decided to throw a wobbly and I ended up taking a real swing when I wasn't expecting.  Goodness knows how it happened but it did and things didn't get a lot better luck wise after that with the OB on 6 and the fun and games in the bunker shortly after that :)

Anyhow, I thouroughly enjoyable format and one I'll jump straight back into again so top marks to you and John for putting it together.

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

#342 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:02 AM

I have to admit during the 'bunker hole' (which I landed in for my second shot - from 20 yards off the green) I had a good old snorting giggle on both our behalf. Your duff on the first was my chance - I thought - before I proceeded to triple bogey the hole after actually hitting the green with my second shot.

DB17 is a great little cricket sim. Even on the easiest setting you have to get behind the ball and grind out the runs because otherwise you'll lose your wicket in a flash (in many horrible ways). The best thing about it is the Career mode with the building of attributes (and averages etc.). A sure way to keep people coming back day after day.

It's my - and I'm sure John's - pleasure to run these comps. Great fun. Thank you.

#343 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:19 AM

My recorded round is now loaded... you'll be calling FEMA in on my behalf after you see what happens to me on 17! :o

EDIT: Ignore this round Terry. I didn't read the fine print and played the original final version of Bandon Dunes. I'll play another here in a bit and get it posted.

JCAT think I played the same version so we should be good to play each others rounds, I have not yet updated to the latest version of Bandon Dunes

#344 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:26 AM

The only difference in the versions is a) custom flags, and B) better looking scrub brush.

#345 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:25 AM

My recorded round is now loaded... you'll be calling FEMA in on my behalf after you see what happens to me on 17! :o

EDIT: Ignore this round Terry. I didn't read the fine print and played the original final version of Bandon Dunes. I'll play another here in a bit and get it posted.

JCAT think I played the same version so we should be good to play each others rounds, I have not yet updated to the latest version of Bandon Dunes

Well, I deleted my old Bandon Dunes round and just uploaded a new one using the version two course.  I can reupload my old round if you'd prefer because it's still in my Perfect Golf folder?  I have however deleted the older version of Bandon Dunes, so if I'm to play against your recorded round, I have no course on which to do so.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#346 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:33 AM

JCat - I did the same thing last night.  I deleted the older version.  If one of our participants still has the older Bandon, could you upload it to MEGA?   JMK

#347 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:17 AM

Uploading to MEGA now. Give it twenty minutes. Slow

It's in the FRET II

/ Final Round at Bandon Dunes  folder

called bandonfinal.

Should work

#348 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:22 AM

Well done Ted!  Now if you get the "version not compatible" message, you have a place to get the older version.   JMK

#349 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:39 AM

John,

I would have to replay my solo round and upload again but that's like having another chance to improve my score, I treat the 1st solo round as a practice round then look forward to the FRET round to improve my score.

If you prefer I can update Branden Dunes and play it and upload again but I think we may be the last to complete our rounds.

#350 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:33 PM

Sam,

Ted has uploaded the older version of Bandon to the FRET_II MEGA folder.  You can have both versions on your computer, as they have different folder names. The recorded round will pick the right one (no need to re-do).  After the tourny. ends, delete the old version.

JMK

#351 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:10 PM

I'll re upload my recorded round at the old Bandon and you can take your pick.  It'll be up there in about 10 minutes.

EDIT:  Okay, it's now in our folder as BandonDunesJCat04old.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#352 LLT_Rotator

LLT_Rotator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:43 PM

OK GBoro - Played the latest Bandon - it's up now. :)

• Greensboronclion likes this

#353 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:45 PM

OK GBoro - Played the latest Bandon - it's up now. :)

You hate me don't you. Lol. I will play when I return on Monday and see if we can't solve those greens this time.

#354 LLT_Rotator

LLT_Rotator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:53 AM

You hate me don't you. Lol. I will play when I return on Monday and see if we can't solve those greens this time.

Don't get your hopes up - on Par 5 in 2, 4 putts...Abandon The Dunes!!

#355 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

SC,

I played your round at Bandon Dunes (the old version of the course).  I'm now going to update to the latest version, as I assume you will have already done so, and will play my round with this latest version.

The first round was a good match .... some silly putting errors on both our parts.  Results in the video below and screenshots posted below the video (in case someone wants to watch it unfold without knowing the results!

Video follows and is of OK quality (720p).  I'm going to try with a better conversion and replace it.  The video is approx, 54 mins, so probably best to speed it up to 1.5x or 2.0x speed!:

SCORECARD and STATS

Front 9http://imgur.com/Fgj7D1I

Back 9/Totalhttp://imgur.com/8IgXBmF

Game Statshttp://imgur.com/dycjyTs

EDIT:  I've added my recorded solo round (with v2 of Bandon Dunes) to the folder at Mega.  Also, my round with SC was recorded when I played it with v1 of Bandon Dunes.  I've uploaded that as well, in case any one wants someone else to whip!  (Also, I have not been able to get a better quality video to that above.)

Edited by Armand, 06 February 2017 - 12:27 AM.

• Ted_Ball likes this

#356 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:25 AM

Excellent post Armand.

#357 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:31 PM

Armand,

Hmmmm...I thought I had the latest version. I could have sworn I went to OGT and downloaded the course right before I played. I only saw a bandonfinal.zip file. Now I just went to OGT and see the bandonfinalv2.zip. Weird. Now I know what all the fuss was about and I do have the latest version now. My apologies. I'll get right on it. I do have a disclaimer below my posts however.

SC  :o

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#358 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:39 PM

good game John we both struggled on the green at no, 9

vcwD0Cl.png

#359 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:40 PM

qqPGMaH.png

#360 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:13 PM

Armand,

Hmmmm...I thought I had the latest version. I could have sworn I went to OGT and downloaded the course right before I played. I only saw a bandonfinal.zip file. Now I just went to OGT and see the bandonfinalv2.zip. Weird. Now I know what all the fuss was about and I do have the latest version now. My apologies. I'll get right on it. I do have a disclaimer below my posts however.

SC  :o

I hadn't updated when I went to play the round, SC, so I just fired up the game to see if which version you used.  It was no issue at all to play your round.  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users