231 replies to this topic

#181 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:16 AM

I have found that turning down the Camera View Distance to minimum (500) makes a big difference in FPS. I normally have it at 1000.

I run the game in full screen (1920x1080) in ultra high (custom)

Tree quality=3.0, Max tree quality=high, Shadow distance=200, Grass object distance=350

My rig is an i7-6700 with standard GTX970(4Gb) graphics. I list the FPS that I get on each tee:

F9 - 62, 55, 66, 71, 55, 63, 53, 52, 46

B9 - 49, 46, 45, 45, 48, 46, 50, 58, 56

Course plays okay for me, I use MS and it runs quite smooth.

Thanks for this super course.

#182 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

Ok….lets give this a shot. Voices heard and if RTS dosen’t work then it needs to be better.

3D SPEEDTREE GRASSES DELETED!!! :( Oh well,…it looked cool but its just grass.

New Link

https://mega.nz/#!s3...4NECL57dgVIIls8

The Glen beta v1.10 fixes

-the 3d speedtree grass removed to improve FPS
-file name changed for OGT approval
-extra shot points deleted
-handicaps accurate
-ladies tees and boxes added for simulators
-Bunker property fixed on green side bunker hole 18
-fairway lowered hole 10 to see landing area
-hole #15 green changed with extra bunker

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!!

let me know about gameplay and FPS and Ill go from there.

These "post op" complications hopefully corrected
Dr Rob

#183 shanker01

shanker01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

that really made a difference in frame rate. went from 30 fps to 65fps on first hole. ultra high settings and put viewing distance from 700 yards to 2500 yards. Great Job!!! My computer is intel 7700k 16 megs of ram 1070 8g video card 800 power supply just bought this so I could finally play with everything on high and get to enjoy beautiful courses like this one. You outdid yourself on this one. Thank you for sharing your fantastic skill. Dr. Rob any chance of you bring some of your apcd courses to perfect golf?

stock 7700k intel cpu

gtx 1070 gpu

liquid cooled

250 ssd drive and 1 terabyte hard drive

32 omen q monitor

#184 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

Thank MJ for helping me figure it out, it took some convincing though but the frame rates needed to be better.

I'm actually getting use to the new look. There are a couple of key areas ill place the 3d grass but we are talikng maybe 2 tee boxes and 2 greens where the fesque grass dominates.

I noticed when testing in unity the tris and verts were pretty much the same, but the setpass calls and shadow casters was reduced by a thousand....seemed to jack up the FPS big time.

For APCD courses i may do bethpage

Rob

#185 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:36 PM

Huge fps improvement Rob- never dropping below 75 or so now at 2560*1440 all high settings- still the odd flashing bunker but no sign of rings

Great job

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#186 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

We already have Bethpage (black and red) by justin9926. Both were done very well. Perhaps take a look at OGTs real course status post at OGT forum to see who's working on what. May I suggest Coghill Dubsdread? :)
  • erwildcat likes this

#187 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

Bethpage black is where I learned how to play golf..I made 2 versions for links 2003. 

I'm on the fence about doing another course (it would be a real course)  but if I do it would be either Bethpage black, Shinnecock, Pine Valley, Pinehurst, Whistling Straits or Engineers...courses i did for Links

Rob

#188 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:41 PM

All of pinehurst, shinnecock, and pine valley are being worked on. Whistling Straight would be great choice. Lidar is available.

#189 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

Hey Rob if want to do Pine Valley your more than welcome... you'll do a far better job than me mate

#190 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:50 PM

Must....take....lonnnnnnnnnng....break

After beta,....final release and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#191 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

Wow! Big difference in performance.... it's now a keeper!  :lol:

I would like to see some of the flickering bushes dealt with, as they are a distraction, but this is an issue on many JNPG courses.

I did spot a flying tree in a clump of 5 on the right of the 16th hole after drive. Also had an issue with a ball after 18th drive just short of bunker on right...appeared slightly underground and only went a few yards on next shot. Happened twice as the ground feeds into the bunker and we had to replay the hole on skins. The AI also decided to aim 90 degrees right off of the 18th tee. This happens on many courses but may be correctable by designers? (not sure if AI was set to aggressive or controlled... I know one type follows shot points and one doesn't).

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#192 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:20 PM

That problem on 18 is the rough/ sand property of that bunker object.  It needs to be called "Spline ___"

I thought I fixed it but all it takes is a mispell and it wont work.  ill check out tommorow.

Glad to see its finally working out. Too bad the high fesque grass dosent "shimmer" anymore with out the 3d grass,...but I have to admit, the undelying new texture makes it all work out fine.  I thought i cracked it by bringing down the LOD but I guess not obviously

And with these new fast frame rates, i can plant MORE SH*T!!

• cajuncapgun and erwildcat like this

#193 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

All of pinehurst, shinnecock, and pine valley are being worked on. Whistling Straight would be great choice. Lidar is available.

+1 for Whistling Straits. Would probably be a top 5 course with the good doctor's touch.

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#194 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:51 PM

Whistling Straits  may have  one or two  more bunkers, then this course :D

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#195 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:32 PM

I played all the Links versions of those and they were all amazing.... so any of them are good with me.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#196 shanker01

shanker01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:55 PM

my vote goes to Shinnecock. went there in 1986 to see us open and Jack. love the place.

stock 7700k intel cpu

gtx 1070 gpu

liquid cooled

250 ssd drive and 1 terabyte hard drive

32 omen q monitor

#197 chrismess13

chrismess13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationButte County, CA

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

Neither beta versions will load past 40% for me. I know I have an older rig (AMD athlon II x2, 4gb ram, geforce GTX 950) but every other course loads up, I know this was designed for better computers than mine, but I was at least hoping to F5 around the course to get ideas for my own courses. Yes, I would love to upgrade but it is not a priority at the moment. I lowered settings as low as they would go and it still stuck at 40%. The screen grabs look amazing though.

If I could, I would like to request a little insight on how you, the good Dr., designed the bunkers in Blender. Did you create them as 3D objects or 2D then shape them in CF, etc?

Thanks

#198 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:52 AM

Spent some of my free time going through your course again , splines and bunkers i see you dont want to touch,Shame about that , oh well .   Floating tees are still apparent though 

Cheers

#199 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:16 AM

I think your skills are needed on Pinehurst #2...

Thanks for The Glen; it's fabulous. BTW, the changes you made from 1.0 to 1.1 are so good I can't even tell what you did! :)

Ken

#200 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:11 PM

Thanks all,...

Z max and OGT,...I want to release one more beta (1.2) that you can release to all.

Now that everything is fixed, I'm just touching up the 2d grass to make softer and plant where the previous 3d grass was.

Its looking good and I should have it up this week

As players report bugs, or have suggestions, my plan is to fix whatever bugs are found, edit a few holes to make more challenging off the tee,...and then release as final course.

plus flybys, sounds etc
  • erwildcat likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users