231 replies to this topic

#201 Quigs

Quigs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:56 PM

Simply stunning. Thanks for the tireless hrs putting this together. Nothing major to report. 

#202 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:27 PM

Final beta link

https://mega.nz/#!4q...7aLc65ZVl8_WDSk

The Glen beta v1.2 fixes

-Replanted and softened the fescue grass since the well received FPS fix (secondary to deleting 3D speedtree grass)

-fixed floating tees and broken seams

-added the requested foward tee box hole #5 so the green can be reached in one.

This is the last beta to be released prior to the final. Thanks to all beta testers posting feedback.

Rob

#203 g3b

g3b

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:20 AM

Dr Rob, thanks again for your design work in this game & links 03. Really enjoy playing all of them Pine Valley & Engineer are my favorites. Was wondering the bunkerlips on the The Glen look very similar to lips I have seen on Australian sandbelt venues. Were they an inspiration to your design?

Thanks again for your work.

Gil

#204 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:38 PM

Well guys...looks like we are good to go with the final release.

I cranked it out and feel satisfied with the look and play, and of course, the improved FPS of the course.

The only thing left is a fix for the ring "lighter texture" around the hole

If anyone knows the fix, please reply.

After that, except for flybys, it's a wrap

Rob

#205 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:07 AM

Do you have a layer called "pin" in your layers library?  If so, make it the same as your green texture.  http://www.perfectpa...cuppin/?p=81759

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#206 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:41 AM

If you read the thread, this dosent fix the problem. latest Cf dosent have pin in layers lib

Rob

#207 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:47 AM

If you read the thread, this dosent fix the problem. latest Cf dosent have pin in layers lib

Rob

I thought perhaps you had started with the older version of CF and it was still there.  Sorry.

#208 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

I would be interested to see what happens when you load a new layers library and apply that.

It's a risk that it screws up the library and will require reassigning the names on the splines and reloading all textures.

You have a nice finalized project. I would see if you could "save as" the project to a new name. This way you only risk messing up a copy of your project.

Then, you would have to write down the name of every texture and screenshot settings for all your custom layers. Tedious, I know. I've done it.

Load the CF default and recalculate all your splines. Build and see if the texture around the holes is gone and all is good. If so, you can try and reload your previous library or create the new one from scratch with your textures and settings from the screenshots.

Then, verify all splines are correctly named. You may have to reassign most if you have change a bit from the default. Then, recalculate all splines and build.

It's tedious, painful, and might not work. But, if you really would like to fix, I think it's worth a shot.
  • RobC likes this

#209 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

yeah,...but Im tapped out...plus you dont see the ring on all the holes...just not worth it.
Made some cool flybys today...pretty much finalizing the project well in advance.

rob

#210 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:26 PM

I know you're tapped out Doc, and I can appreciate the feeling.

I've had this happen to a couple of my courses but got it corrected;

not by changing or switching libraries.  Try this if you're up to it...

Find a hole that has the problem, delete the pins for that hole,

re-plant pins. Now here's the rub.. open the library and "Save As"

and click OK, close library, Build.

Tip: Plant your pins with one click, then if you need to move them do so.

This worked for me, and I did all my problem holes before building.

Good Luck

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#211 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:53 AM

The glen final

Here is the link

https://mega.nz/#!Uj...Y8tT4YqancV2-SQ

This course is a fictional links style layout with several holes along the ocean. There are 4 sets of tees and flybys. Each green has 6 pin placements.

The best lighting is at 10:00 AM.

There are approximately 500 plus bunkers with railroad ties to give a links/ Pete dye look.

The bunkers feature a multi-step technique to give irregular dirt-lip edges transitioning into grass edges. This process took about 3 months trial and error to figure out, followed by nine months of designing.

The original layout was created back in 2015, but the work was lost after a computer crash. Mike Jones was able to salvage the terrain and layout, but the 3 holes I started needed to be recreated. The second go around inspired me to attempt the bunker technique. I also aborted from a high grass links course to a shrub/bush look. This was inspired after I played Troon, and realized that the course came to life with the bristling bushes mixed into the fescue grass….just a cool look. The Bridge in Bridgehampton, Long Island has a similar look.

The clubhouse is based on Frank Lloyd Wright architecture. This modern “animated” clubhouse has mobile awnings. Also, the ballwasher towels flap in the wind. I am passionate about 3d clubhouse creations which bring me back to my Links 2003 designing days.

One month ago with one hole to go (the intense Par 5 16th with 56 bunkers), I had crashes at 30 percent. It took 3 weeks to figure it out. I thought I was maxed out on imported fbx. bunkers. It was discovered that there were 500 undeleted “ghost splines“ that the bunkers were derived from. Once I deleted them I was back in business. The course was almost released with a very boring 16th hole. Happy that I figured out the problem, I had new life and went nuts on the final hole.

Frame rate issues solved - For a month or two, the frame rates were barely acceptable. At first we thought it was from the bushes so the base texture was changed and many bushes removed to let the base texture come out. Still no solution. Was it the bunkers? Planting? Textures? Mike Jones helped me figure it out that 3d speedtree grasses I purchased were the culprit. I had to choose between ultra high 3d looking grass and gameplay . I deleted these objects resulting in a huge jump in frame rate. I took 2 more weeks to tweak the 2d grass for a nice softer look which works just fine.

I want to thank Mike Jones and Andrew Jones for bringing their dream of Perfect Parallel and Course Forge to life. They inspired me to design and play online golf from the Links 2003 days.

Thanks to DPRoberts in helping me figure out how to export a bunker into blender.

Thanks to Mikahenrik for sharing his textures.

Thanks to Kablammo11 for some forum tips.

And special thanks to Suzan, my wife, who had no problem letting me design and be creative.

Btw, The Glen is the name of the street I live on.

Enjoy!
Robert Miller “Dr. Rob”
  • cajuncapgun, mcthommo and ArisFuser like this

#212 ArisFuser

ArisFuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:31 PM

Thanks a lot Rob for such an unselfish act for the community, once again, you guys keep this alive.

#213 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:09 PM

2yvwax3.png

2gugpwz.png

2vnnz47.png

So everyone seems to be enjoying the course, and I’ve been playing it myself and finding some fixes that need to be done

Sure its fine the way it is, but there were some bunker properties and seams that needed to be fixed.

Along with these fixes are some new bunkers, a few fairways like number 18 that needed its slope leveled out, some added 3d.

the multiplayer views needed better planting behind the golfer being viewed.

The ocean texture is now transparent,…a cooler, shimmering look.

Will add a flag logo,..maybe some birds depending on frame rate, some divot textures on the par threes and maybe a halfway house
  • KenR, cajuncapgun, LeazesNDR and 2 others like this

#214 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:27 AM

If you worked with Cintigolfer on an update of Fisher's Island I'd be a happy man  :D

• erwildcat likes this

#215 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

Fun with textures...whats great about unity is that there is always something to experiment with

eaipf8.png

r21afc.png

#216 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:49 PM

I like finding free tees on the tee box,

just don't try picking up lost balls

while they are still rolling.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#217 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:15 PM

Best looking divots I've seen in game. Good work.

#218 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:31 PM

Yeah, I'd like to know how you did the divots.  Blender?  Paid Asset store?

#219 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:14 PM

Quick decals 2.0 in unity asset store

10 bucks....can do alot with that.

but the main thing is creating the divot in photoshop, plus tees and dirt etc,...getting the right match, scale, rotation etc in unity
152dd1z.png

this looks better
  • uvmnick likes this

#220 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:24 PM

The alpha blending with the cutout always looked crappy for mine. Does quick decal come with a different cutout shader? I was using Unity legacy transparent cutout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users