Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:40 AM

*** DOWNLOAD LINKS UPDATED - May 8, 2017

UNITY - DPR House Builder v1_3_1 - Unity Files

BLENDER - DPR House Builder v1_3_1 - Blender Files

Updates - fixed sizing issue with 3 smaller cubes, fixed gutter/fascia on roofing end pieces, added a few new horizontal and vertical planes .25,.5,1,2x3m

Finally got around to tidying up the newer House Builder - it builds on concepts from the v1_2. Biggest improvement is a shift to PLANES. This allows independent sizing and placement of windows. More organic building. Easier snapping in Unity. Looks like its from the 1980s but don't knock it until you've tried it!

Dw51giH.jpg

I tried to cover all the errors in v1_2. Texturing was improved so tiling is more seamless between roof facing blocks and blocks placed below. Ideas for texturing and materials is basically the same.

I am providing the Unity package for import - that contains all the necessary blocks, textures and materials. Additionally, you will have all the .PSD files to create your own base textures and window options should you desire.

I am also providing my Blender files. The keys to the kingdom. Have at it. If you share it, give me a nod.

I strongly encourage originality and downloading textures to use off the internet. The majority of the blocks are textured at a 1x1 dimension. Meaning any texture that is shaped as a square and is seamless will work well with the blocks.

Please let me know of any problems with the package. As always, if you need something custom, I can probably add it.

Tutorials for now are the Unity side of things. There can be a Blender tutorial down the road as well for those wishing to build outside of Unity.

UNITY - DPR House Builder v1_3 - UNITY package​ ***see download links at top of post

BLENDER - DPR House Builder v1_3 - BLENDER files ***see download links at top of post

DPR House Builder v1_3 - BASICS

DPR House Builder v1_3 - Texturing Ideas

For older information and tutorials

DPR House Builder Beta thread - http://www.perfectpa...ilding-package/

DPR House Builder Original Tutorials - http://www.perfectpa...kage-tutorials/

DPR House Builder v1_1 and v1_2 - thread - http://www.perfectpa...-release-v-1-1/

• M Rose, Justin9926, IanK and 1 other like this

#2 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:10 AM

Hot damn. Absolutely invaluable DP, thank you again.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#3 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:43 AM

No problem. You build great courses.
I play with blocks. Hoping the removal of the main blocks makes sense for most.

I noticed on Cherry Hills a few texturing things that I could improve based on how you used the blocks. Love how you used them for landscape planters. Sometimes hard to get away from a squarish type build because of the blocks but I think you achieved a pretty natural appearance of the buildings for your first go with it.

#4 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

Super work DP, I imagine you sock drawer is even color coded..hehe.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#5 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:26 PM

So excited to see this version in both Unity and Blender. I hope you expand on the Blender Concepts video you did for Justin. Off to fire up Blender and try the keyboard shortcuts.

#6 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:19 PM

That was unexpected (the walls) but it really became a great way to do them, especially since you can stretch and rotate everything so easily (and then play with the mapping). I'm not too bothered by occasionally imperfect fidelity.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#7 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:47 PM

Larry,
I should've mentioned that in Blender, you will see each object is on its own layer and not out on the playing field like in Unity. I unhide the object I'm using and duplicate it and move it to the side. I like to keep the original blocks undisturbed in the middle of the project.

I will also join layers and remove duplicate vertices of layers that ultimately share the same material.

I will make a video this weekend for Blender. I expect to be correcting issues/ mistakes as well. Hopefully, you'll help dig a few of those up.

#8 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:33 PM

Looking forward to playing with the new version. Glad to hear you're going to do a video using blender.  I'm not quite sure how to import the Planes and  go about building.  I definitely will re-watched the video you made  showing me before. I also like the looks of the  new roof with the gutter.  But I'm wondering if I will be able to stack the roofs like I did  on TPC Southwind Clubhouse? I guess I could always remove the  gutter in blender to stack to roofs?

Thanks for all your hard work creating this..

Justin

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#9 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

Justin,

Not sure if you would have issues with the gutter or not. Looks like there could be some spots where there could be exposure or Z fighting with the gutter. May have to provide the Non guttered as well. Would be easy to provide that.

Once you get the Blender file, open it and let me know if you have all the blocks in the file. You should not need to import anything into Blender. You will build in Blender and export into Unity. Then, apply materials in Unity.

Baseball games getting cancelled due to rain in my region so I should have some free time this weekend to add tutorials.

• Justin9926 likes this

#10 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:14 PM

Okay, I see now.  I just downloaded it and unzipped it. All I need to do is click the blender file and everything open and ready to go.

Thank you, DP

• DPRoberts likes this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#11 Jperkules

Jperkules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, U.S

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

From the 80's?  must be awesome then

#12 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:18 PM

Appreciate all your efforts and contributions to the community here Dp, you have been a Great Asset! here mate

Being the main contractor on this building site the housing estate with all the covenants looks in good order...Lol

Cheers

#13 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

Had some time this morning so tried to create a condo similar to one created in v1.2 (background in below image). It is 5 units with each unit offset from it's neighbor(s). Some missing v1.3 blocks are at a minimum the 9m and 12m end gables with gutter along the bottom of the end  face. Not sure the smaller gables are needed. See the image below.

On second thought the image is not correct. I think you do need a gutter or fascia along the top edge of the roof.

1ljXIAn.png

I'll be trying to duplicate the same condo in Blender when I have some time for comparison. I'm waiting for your tutorial as I am having difficulty adding the roof pieces as I want them. Hopefully your tutorials will clear it up for me.

One thing I did notice was when you create a prefab and then add it to the terrain, It adds it exactly where you placed it. A tremendous improvement over the v1.2 placement problem.

Larry

#14 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:45 PM

Larry,

I'll take a look at those. I think there will definitely be some spots where my gutters are not ideal. May have to make guttered and non-guttered or flatten it on them like the old one.

I will be posting a Blender tutorial, START to FINISH, including materials and import into Unity, on how to build the apartment complex as below using the DPR House Builder v1_3. I have added a few blocks and will show you how to make your own (quickly) should you desire. Obviously, there will be a v1_3_1 update once we see some things needing to be tweaked.

Inspiration

YzTaVZ9.png

v1_3 Blender Build in Unity (roughly 1000 tris and 4 materials)

pFrGrgO.jpg

• Dazmaniac and Ninja_Prime like this

#15 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

Larry,
What happens when you place the "gable_9m_3m_3m_end" block in that spot?

nFoPkBn.jpg

#16 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:39 PM

Here is the same basic image with the gable end. I believe the top roof edge does not need a gutter, only a fascia.

jhA7woK.jpg

After seeing your images, I'm really looking forward to your tutorials.

#17 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

Gotcha. That should be easy to provide. I'll add a block for each "_end" roofing piece to be a "fascia" (no side gutter) as well.

#18 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:35 PM

That apartment block is outstanding.

#19 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:59 PM

I'll provide it for download with the tutorial when I finish it. Took me about 20 minutes to do. The House Builder has removed the stress of texturing and you can really put all your energy into building.

#20 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:14 PM

So Is it possible to make buildings with the v1.3 asset and then somehow save the building for easy import in to other projects?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users