#21 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

Any news on a general release of Terrain Forge?

• worrybirdie likes this

#22 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:22 PM

Good news and thank you Andrew for this message. I have a request regarding the recorded round options. Will it be possible to include the option that multiple recorded rounds is loaded into the game so that one can watch a match back 'tv-style'? Also, can the handicap option and MOP (like stableford) option also be recorded when playing against a recorded round please?Hope this is possible a.s.a.p.

• Mailman likes this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#23 QBL_MrCobra

QBL_MrCobra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

Hello,

Very happy about those updates.
But what will happen with all the courses that we've done, when the update gose to 5.5?
I'm happy for the fast play for people who want it, but I hope we will still have the option to play live with the other player like now, because for me and mostly other player it's that option that we play PG, to be able to play like real golf and see the other player shot and appreciate it.

Thank you
  • jimbob59 likes this

#24 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:57 PM

Thanks Richard!

#25 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:11 PM

Fast play sounds good. It would make me interested in online playing definately!

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#26 les1959

les1959

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:31 PM

great news as always, but maybe a friendly suggestion, as yourself and the developers must be aware of the restlessness in the forum, in future wouldnt it be possible when a post starts about whats happening, a simple we are working on it or updates in development answer to a post ? we all know your a busy bunch and are doing best you can, and i for 1 applaud your work so far in the game.please keep up the good work, but please just a 2 minute answer to posts would probably be enough to calm most customers

regards

les

• Richard and mebby like this

#27 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

Do you expect Course Forge to be migrating to Unity 5.5 in the near future, and what will that mean for released courses - will those need to be converted? Also are there any additional features on tap for Course Forge?

Re: customizable avatars - huge plus on that; I too would like to be able to edit outside the program to be able to make my own clothing and possibly have the ability to modify the clubs in this manner too. 

As always, thanks for coming down from the mountain and any word of improvements that will boost CPU performance are very much welcome. 

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#28 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:35 PM

Can you provide any update on the console and/or W10 versions of the game that have been discussed previously?

Yes,  I'm curious about this as well, as I thought that at one point that you would have to buy a new Windows 10 game version to get all of the additional bells & whistles like Turf Effects, new golfer animations, career mode, and certainly you'd have to have a Windows 10 version for cross play with XBox One version, which hopefully is still coming at some point in the future.   BTW, I'm not complaining about buying a new version of JNPG, as I think it would be justified for a game that would bring all of the features mentioned above! 

I do like the sound of the new fast play multiplayer option though, in addition to seeing other golfers on the course.  I think that will add a lot of atmosphere to the game!

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#29 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

Do you expect Course Forge to be migrating to Unity 5.5 in the near future, and what will that mean for released courses - will those need to be converted? Also are there any additional features on tap for Course Forge?

The courses will need to be converted via CF to run in the new version.

#30 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:56 PM

Hello,

Very happy about those updates.
But what will happen with all the courses that we've done, when the update gose to 5.5?
I'm happy for the fast play for people who want it, but I hope we will still have the option to play live with the other player like now, because for me and mostly other player it's that option that we play PG, to be able to play like real golf and see the other player shot and appreciate it.

Thank you

I'm sure the Fast Play would be an addition to rather than a replacement for standard turn based play.

#31 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:43 AM

Mike and Andrew,

I hope you're going to address the still rather lackluster AI,  We need a better interface for  "crafting" the AI characters than the current rather limited system.  Also the AI shot making logic needs reworking as they're still making incomprehensible decisions far too often.

Its better than it was a while back though! <_<

• erwildcat and tanman05851 like this

#32 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:06 AM

I hope the new version will be acceptable for mac users.

Never mentioned the black fairways & pink tree issue that we mac users are getting.

Please look at the Community Course Discussions, a lot of the developers want some answers.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#33 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:20 PM

Reading more and more like a modern day Links game!  

#34 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

Nothing wrong with this....

• erwildcat likes this

#35 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

Indeed. Hope so. Links did/does have a great options suite with almost endless posibilties. Shure hope the dev's keep looking at that classic game for some useful stuff. Sometimes you don't need to invent a new wheel. :rolleyes:

• Arsam and erwildcat like this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#36 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:57 PM

Never mentioned the black fairways & pink tree issue that we mac users are getting.
Please look at the Community Course Discussions, a lot of the developers want some answers.

I would get bootcamp pc on your mac. i did and the game runs much faster and no graphics issues. I bought a mac for that reason, can use it as a mac and PC

rob

#37 TheOtherRick

TheOtherRick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationHeart of Dixie

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:59 PM

The courses will need to be converted via CF to run in the new version.

Will this be as simple as what follows ?

a - Upgrade Unity to 5.5

b - Installing a new 5.5 compatible Course Forge

c - Load the old 5.2.3 course in 5.5

d - Open the new CF

e - Recompiling the old course in the new CF and it is good to go

This might be too much to hope for...but I hope it is this simple.

Ye Olde Computing Machine
CPU - Intel i5-8600K Six Core @ 3.60 GHz
MB - ASRock Z370 Pro 4

RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
OS - Windows 10 Home  (64-bit)
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

#38 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

Will this be as simple as what follows ?

a - Upgrade Unity to 5.5

b - Installing a new 5.5 compatible Course Forge

c - Load the old 5.2.3 course in 5.5

d - Open the new CF

e - Recompiling the old course in the new CF and it is good to go

This might be too much to hope for...but I hope it is this simple.

In previous upgrades this was pretty much the case although there might have been an extra step or two such as checking for splines that didn't assigned properly, but it was easy stuff.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#39 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:16 PM

I would get bootcamp pc on your mac. i did and the game runs much faster and no graphics issues. I bought a mac for that reason, can use it as a mac and PC

rob

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#40 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:29 PM

One potential pitfall on doing Bootcamp just for gaming for some users is the fact that you have to partition a chunk of perhaps very limited SSD space.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users