398 replies to this topic

#41 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:18 PM

Indeed. Hope so. Links did/does have a great options suite with almost endless posibilties. Shure hope the dev's keep looking at that classic game for some useful stuff. Sometimes you don't need to invent a new wheel. :rolleyes:

Unless, of course, you want the new wheel to have pneumatic tyres and not metal ones.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#42 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationWestcliff-on-Sea, Essex. U.K

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:40 PM

If I understand correctly the Windows 10 version will be the one that has features such as Turf Effects, Fast Play and improved CPU performance.  Although I currently have a i5 with a GTX 6GB 1060 GPU my O/S is Windows 7.  However I would upgrade to W10 and faster CPU if that is what it will take to get the features Andrew mentioned.

Your system should be fine, just upgrade to Win 10 and you should have a ball! I play DX 12 games on a lower rig than yours without any issues set at max!

#43 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationWestcliff-on-Sea, Essex. U.K

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

Win 10 is preparing to upgrade to run 4k gaming! This will take gaming to a new level! Enjoy!

#44 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:33 AM

One potential pitfall on doing Bootcamp just for gaming for some users is the fact that you have to partition a chunk of perhaps very limited SSD space.

That is when you decide if you are going to play PC games, get a PC....Mac is not a PC nor is it very good at playing PC games.

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#45 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:32 AM

#46 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:49 AM

The reason i bought a mac was that every tv & film that comes out of the USA every one uses a mac.    So I thought that was the way to go,  I also do a lot of photography and was told that a mac has better graphics. Then came PP with Perfect Golf and as they say the rest is history.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#47 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:31 AM

Ooh controversial Ken.... ;)

Graphics and photography are only linked through post shot correction. Therefore, you're almost saying, your photography isn't up to scratch, just as much as the hardware you are using....

I hate using 'therefore logic....' lol

#48 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:43 AM

I have a bootcamped iMac- 6700k @ 4Ghz, 16GB ram, Radeon R9 M395X and it runs PP awful either under my Win10 partition or under my Sierra OS partion

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#49 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:51 AM

Nothing wrong with this....

Nope, nothing at all!   :)

#50 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

mike, are we ever going to have axcess to all the textures that PP uses on there courses.layers library packs. and objects.?

• IanK likes this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#51 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

The reason i bought a mac was that every tv & film that comes out of the USA every one uses a mac.    So I thought that was the way to go,  I also do a lot of photography and was told that a mac has better graphics. Then came PP with Perfect Golf and as they say the rest is history.

I am not aware of too many folks in "tv & film" who play Golf games.....and not every one of them use Macs.....they guys in Big Bang Theory use Alienware and Dell laptops......

If you want to play this game the way it is meant to be played, your going to have to get a machine that can play it the way it is meant to be played.

• Vernon520 likes this
PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#52 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

Ken,

Bing Bang Theory is a TV programme.

Alienware and DELL have probably paid good money for product placement in that programme because of its popularity.

But, when you watch any e-Sports tournaments for the likes of DOTA2, COD, Battlefield, Half Life etc. they tend not to use Mac as it is not a gaming laptop.

PC will always be the non-console go to for gamers and not Mac. I guess you could be thankful that PP have tried to port a Mac friendly version, as many other developers don't even bother.

#53 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

mike, are we ever going to have axcess to all the textures that PP uses on there courses.layers library packs. and objects.?

Well my plans for sharing assets both paid and free as well as hosting community contributions didn't happen in PG1. This is because of a variety of reasons not least of them being a failed attempt to use the inbuilt steam workshop system.

I will probably try to engage the community and get some help in setting up a website in the future which will be dedicated to all things course design for PG. This was one of my original goals but my focus became a little spread because of our other commitments and the game and it's development in general. 

• Unique, cajuncapgun, erwildcat and 4 others like this

#54 gatekeeper

gatekeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLeduc, AB, Canada

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:51 PM

I know its been quiet around here so I thought it was probably time we posted an update on what we have all been up to....

From the few recent releases we have continued to fix a few bugs in the existing version of JNPG and also continue to push changes to the Simulator Version and supported devices. 

The beginning of the year for us is always taken up with improvements and upgrades to our Broadcast Suite Products in preparation for the new Golf Season.

However, since we returned from our TV work in Georgia we have been hard at work on a lot of base improvements to the underlying engine.  Without getting into too many details we realized that without a significant improvement to both our networking and our internal event system we had reached the limit of the performance improvements and functionality adds we could continue with.  So we decided now was the perfect time to revisit both of these tasks.  These efforts will result in a much simpler set of game play code which will make fixing certain bugs much easier without impacting other areas of the code as well as vastly reduce the amount of data being sent back and forth between the players in a game.  This will in turn lead to a much smoother game play.  This redesign will also allow us to open up much more freedom within the game to allow for players to play independent of the other players thus allowing Fast Play, Turn based individual play where you are always in control of your player and not being moved by the camera system in a turn based style.  It will also open up things like other players on the course and spectators.

We realize that it feels like we are not doing much with the game at this time but this is far from the case.  This rather boring work is necessary to move the game to the next level.  The improved network performance will buy us some much needed CPU performance which can be used to further the visuals in the game.  We are working hard with the new Unity 5.5 lighting system to develop a much more immersive and depth based lighting that will make the game feel more alive.  Sometimes you just have to take a step back to take a leap forward.

We have finished 90% of the Turf Effects integration for the initial pass at its inclusion in Perfect Golf.

I am sure many of you are interested in some of the other items we have talked about including Career Mode and as we have more details we can divulge we will of course discuss them but rest assured Career Mode is most definitely part of the new development cycle.  As of course are new characters with some customization capabilities as well as new animations. 

We will be pushing 1.4.2.4 this weekend.  Mostly a bug fix release plus a work around for the fact that Steam has broken the invite system.  Also includes many simulator improvements 

Please feel free to ask any questions in this thread and I will attempt to answer them to the best of my ability.  We are working hard on a lot of improvements to the game but many of them are very fundamental to the engine and do not produce much to talk about.  

my question is simple... once you move to microsoft with the big update, will the steam version be updated as well or will the new game only be available on windows store?  cheers

#55 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:07 PM

my question is simple... once you move to microsoft with the big update, will the steam version be updated as well or will the new game only be available on windows store?  cheers

Steam will still be worked on.  The Windows 10 version is for Xbox One compatibility.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#56 crazycorey44

crazycorey44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:31 PM

So how do we invite friends to games? It said there will be a fix for invitations. It doesn't seem to be working at all.

CrazyCorey44 2016 OGT Olympic Champ

i7-6700k  oc@4.60GHZ
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO Z170 
CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 4x4GB DDR4 2133
XFX Radeon R9 290X 8GB DirectX-11.2 DDR5 512-bit
Noctua NH-D15 cpu cooler
ViewSonic 144Hz Monitor 
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit DX 12

#57 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:36 PM

It appears that you cannot "invite" a player to join you, but he can click on your player name and "join" your game.
LOL, you cannot go to him, but he can come to you.

Warren

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#58 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

Couple of things...

Steam seems to have made some changes and so the Steamworks API DLL file we use to connect Unity to Steam no longer works with invites.  This is third party code so we have posted a bug request.  Other than that not much we can do so we included a workaround in the latest patch which at least allows people to join a game when playing tournaments.

On the subject of Win 10 version / Steam Version etc.  According to the update posted we are working hard on refactoring the elements in the game engine that caused the most issues in increasing the performance of the game.  We have also practically finished the Turf Effects integration.  Progress continues but there is not much to add. In terms of supporting the Steam Platform I am sure we will continue to use steam as a distribution channel in addition to any MS or Sony based systems we will be using but plan to move away from Steam Networking to Unity Networking which should make all versions playable against each other online.

Of course plans can change and frequently do but for now that is where we are

• DivotMaker, frank70, NoPutt and 2 others like this

#59 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:14 PM

Wow, so you would have true cross platform gaming then, ie PS4 could play against PC could play against Xbox? Would that also negate the need for Win10 as I assume unit networking doesn't care about the OS? * Ignoring DX12 benefits of W10

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#60 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

Wow, so you would have true cross platform gaming then, ie PS4 could play against PC could play against Xbox? Would that also negate the need for Win10 as I assume unit networking doesn't care about the OS? * Ignoring DX12 benefits of W10

Good question that needs clarification but that's what I took away from Andrew's comment as well. If this is true then it would be truly awesome!

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users