#81 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:38 AM

Rory sold over 500.000 copies. I would suppose that PP would be okay with that  ;)

#82 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:10 AM

Apparently so.  It's May and they are talking about events in the middle of July slowing them down.  I understand that they likely have to prepare for The Open but geez... 

I hope TGC2 is good.  I'll be dead by the time this game reaches the next level.

FYP...    :P

• RobC and mebby like this

#83 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:56 AM

Rory sold over 500.000 copies. I would suppose that PP would be okay with that  ;)

I couldn't find a sales figure myself, just a site that said the numbers were disappointing.  500k sounds good, but that's with Rory, PGA licensing, and better graphics.

#84 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:17 AM

I couldn't find a sales figure myself, just a site that said the numbers were disappointing. 500k sounds good, but that's with Rory, PGA licensing, and better graphics.

Of coure with the official license. That plays a big role.

But those numbers show (Divotmaker knows the exact numbers) that there are many people out there, who may buy a golf game.

If only 200.000 would buy JNPG, and buy some DLC in the process, PP would be happy campers. Game needs some bells and whistles to attract the casual gamers.

#85 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:47 AM

I'm sure they'd sign for 200k right now, and I hope they get that result, but it seems to be a tough market.  A search for 360 and PS3 golf games results in 90% Tiger, a few obviously arcade titles and the odd outlier like Outlaw Golf, which seems to have gone a different tack -

1545178-g6_hi.jpg

#86 justin01626

justin01626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:19 PM

Not joking at all.  I do agree it would outsell the PC version simply due to the massive console install base, but that may not be a good experience for PP in terms of reviews and the reception after a few months and some mainstream reviews.

The game needs a ton of updates to features and visuals to be compelling to the console crowd.  The entire console experience is about polish, simplicity, visuals, well hashed out and bug free features (hopefully anyhow).

Beyond that, we have no idea what would happen with RTS-M & MotionSwing (arguably the coolest and most innovative parts of PG) on the Consoles, nor what would happen with 3rd party courses (again, another arguably critical part of PG).

That's just my opinion anyhow.

We apparently have plenty of time to keep debating it..

lol

I'm in the "console crowd" i love this game it has all the bells and whistles we need if this game came out on 27th of June it would outsell TGC2  because it's simply a better game in every respect, i don't know why more PC people don't play this game its great just too few people to play with in the lobby.

#87 fishwicket79

fishwicket79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

What a tired old argument.

I hate it when I see these comments, I would say most people game in the evenings so unless there is floodlit golf courses unfortunately video golf is the only option, oh and I play golf in the day

#88 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:00 PM

i love this game it has all the bells and whistles we need if this game (PG) came out on 27th of June it would outsell TGC2  because it's simply a better game in every respect...

PG is better than TGC 2 in every respect?

That doesn't seem particularly objective.  

I don't even think the PP Devs would say something that definitive.

i don't know why more PC people don't play this game

So if it's not doing great on PC, why would you think just bringing it as is to console would solve everything?

Perhaps the game does not have everything that people want and is not "better in every respect" than the competition?

#89 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

Of coure with the official license. That plays a big role.

Game needs some bells and whistles to attract the casual gamers.

Well said - The official license for EA and the "play like on TV" and "play like your favorite real golfer" and higher degree of graphics and polish all make the comparison super tough.

I know that anytime I watched twitch streams of people playing Rory, it became clear to me that their market is pretty different than what we have here in the PG world.

• Dave likes this

#90 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

Closer to 750K....
PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#91 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

I'm sure they'd sign for 200k right now, and I hope they get that result, but it seems to be a tough market.  A search for 360 and PS3 golf games results in 90% Tiger, a few obviously arcade titles and the odd outlier like Outlaw Golf, which seems to have gone a different tack -

1545178-g6_hi.jpg

Thought I could see a VPL here and then I realised it was the PL.  Bring it on PP if you dare. 

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#92 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

I'm in the "console crowd" i love this game it has all the bells and whistles we need if this game came out on 27th of June it would outsell TGC2 because it's simply a better game in every respect, i don't know why more PC people don't play this game its great just too few people to play with in the lobby.

JNPG has a GUI that is too confusing and clunky in its current state for consoles. A number of areas of JNPG need refinements before it can come out on console.

And how could you possibly say that JNPG "is simply a better game in every respect " when you have not played TGC2?

I have played both. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Your comment above is pure speculation based on no facts.
  • RobV likes this
PC

Xbox One X

#93 justin01626

justin01626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

JNPG has a GUI that is too confusing and clunky in its current state for consoles. A number of areas of JNPG need refinements before it can come out on console.

And how could you possibly say that JNPG "is simply a better game in every respect " when you have not played TGC2?

I have played both. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Your comment above is pure speculation based on no facts.

That's an easy answer Tim, watch the HBS stream the answers are there, the 3 giggly school kids kept mishitting the ball BUT IT NEVER MIST THE FAIRWAY, there is no lobby system, and rumours that match play is only playable with ghost balls.

#94 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:56 PM

...kept mishitting the ball BUT IT NEVER MIST THE FAIRWAY..

The very first tee shot of the stream doesn't land in the fairway.

Also, many of the shots to the green were in bunkers and off the green, etc

That said, even with the changes in TGC 2, they clearly are going to continue targeting a touch more of the gamer focus.

It feels like mis-hits are more about fat/thin/distance loss vs pure and total shanking directionally.

#95 justin01626

justin01626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:38 PM

The very first tee shot of the stream doesn't land in the fairway.

Also, many of the shots to the green were in bunkers and off the green, etc

That said, even with the changes in TGC 2, they clearly are going to continue targeting a touch more of the gamer focus.

It feels like mis-hits are more about fat/thin/distance loss vs pure and total shanking directionally.

OK yes but there was a lot of shots that missed the red cone by a long way but didn't seam to mishit much or at all?

#96 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:46 PM

Missed please.  Missed.  LOL

• Parboy and SteadiEddie like this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#97 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:22 PM

Apparently so.  It's May and they are talking about events in the middle of July slowing them down.  I understand that they likely have to prepare for The Open but geez... 

I hope TGC2 is good.  I'll be balding by the time this game reaches the next level.

If next year is like this year, PP will spend the first few months preparing for the PGA Tour. (Per AJ: "The beginning of the year for us is always taken up with improvements and upgrades to our Broadcast Suite Products in preparation for the new Golf Season.") So, if the big update is not finished by the end of this year, it probably won't be ready until, maybe, this time next year? By then, maybe science will have discovered a cure for baldness. :P
  • Dave, Griz891 and RobV like this

#98 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

OK yes but there was a lot of shots that missed the red cone by a long way but didn't seam to mishit much or at all?

I agree with a couple caveats…

#1: we'd have to match which player was playing with which difficulty clubs

#2: unless I'm mistaken the depiction of the swing path is not 1:1 with what happened with the analog stick. In other words when somebody apparently gives a 8 PM to 2 PM shank I'm not sure that's precisely what they actually did with the stick, it's more just a way of showing generally what had happened

#3: As I said above, I think their vision for their golf game, even with the most difficult settings, allows for less possibility of horrid shots than PG does. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's simply a design decision on their part to appeal to a wide base of gamers. As long as there's enough variability in challenge on the most difficult level, I suspect I'll find something compelling to entertain me there.

#99 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:25 PM

If next year is like this year, PP will spend the first few months preparing for the PGA Tour. (Per AJ: "The beginning of the year for us is always taken up with improvements and upgrades to our Broadcast Suite Products in preparation for the new Golf Season.") So, if the big update is not finished by the end of this year, it probably won't be ready until, maybe, this time next year? By then, maybe science will have discovered a cure for baldness. :P

I actually had a very similar thought when this got going…

It seems like there are basically only a few little chunks of any given year where work on the game might actually happen, i.e. there's no work happening on or in preparation for TV stuff at those times.

I really wish they could come up with a monetization strategy for the game itself so that more people could be hired and more progress could happen… It's such an amazing base that just needs polish and more detailed work over more periods of time.
  • Dave likes this

#100 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:28 PM

That's an easy answer Tim, watch the HBS stream the answers are there, the 3 giggly school kids kept mishitting the ball BUT IT NEVER MIST THE FAIRWAY, there is no lobby system, and rumours that match play is only playable with ghost balls.

You have not played the game.

Period.

PC

Xbox One X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users