• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#121 Pro8ballUK

Pro8ballUK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:56 PM

That's more of a reflection on the dreadful state of the golf game genre.

This game is dead in the water guys and sinking slowly but surely. It is simply a glorified demo in it's current state. And it's turning into something that loyal customers are starting to feel embarrassed about waiting for. There is a dawning realisation, whether you admit it or not, that all the things that need to be fixed or added to make this a success in terms of numbers WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

It's like waiting expectantly for the Beatles to get back together while only having Led Zeppelin II and having to play it over and over. Great album but too bored with it to put it on the gramophone.

I bought a PC about a year ago to solely play this game,absolutely loved this game for 6 months,learning the swing and graduating to scoring well at pro mode and then the boredom kicked in,no one playing it online,and even when you got a game there's no competitive edge,no reward for winning,not even online leaderboards to aim for,such a shame because gameplay and challenging wise its no doubt the best golf game on the market

#122 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:37 PM

This game is dead in the water guys and sinking slowly but surely. It is simply a glorified demo in it's current state. And it's turning into something that loyal customers are starting to feel embarrassed about waiting for. There is a dawning realisation, whether you admit it or not, that all the things that need to be fixed or added to make this a success in terms of numbers WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

It's like waiting expectantly for the Beatles to get back together while only having Led Zeppelin II and having to play it over and over. Great album but too bored with it to put it on the gramophone.

Couldn't disagree with you more Ted. Easily got money's worth and fun playing (or just practicing). Been playing computer golf since the 80's and I gotta say JNPG beats em all ( Links 2003 close 2nd though). Just wish I was younger so I could play IRL some more etc.
  • Affo and Greensboronclion like this

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#123 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:57 PM

Couldn't disagree with you more Ted. Easily got money's worth and fun playing (or just practicing). Been playing computer golf since the 80's and I gotta say JNPG beats em all ( Links 2003 close 2nd though). Just wish I was younger so I could play IRL some more etc.

Ditto

• Affo likes this

#124 granite00

granite00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:34 AM

Easily got money's worth and fun playing (or just practicing).

I totally agree, but I still feel a bit cheated with the state of the game.  Great progress has been made since first release, but we have miles to go just to get the same capabilities and options provided in Links 2003 (now 14+ years old).  I expected so much more by now.

• Parboy and RobV like this

#125 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:51 AM

It's not a question of getting your money's worth.

#126 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:55 AM

Some people say we're nuts for being so invested in this game. That's fine. But the developers kind of set us up for that from the start. And its a harmless hobby, even for the most avid of us. It could be worse. It could be where nobody cares whether this game gets finished or not. And I think that is the deepest fear of us avid fans.

#127 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

I'd be more pissed if we had nothing to play on while these 'updates' are being worked on.

Thankfully I have other things I can invest my time in, so while I wait for some news from the Dev's, I'm not just sat at my screen on the forum pages pressing F5 waiting for the major update announcement. I guess they (the Dev's) had 2 options. Keep the game as it was and work on that or take the plunge and opt for the update path they have taken.

If there will be nothing for us to play in the short term with regards to the updated build, I just hope the Dev's keep us updated on the progress and not just go for months and weeks without some form of communication.

#128 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

Is there nothing being tested at all by the beta testers? And by that I don't mean the latest patch.

#129 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:34 PM

The thing for me is I just wish there was something new to discuss on these forums pertaining to the game instead of the lack of development threads... Once in a while a interesting thread will pop up but unfortunately, the reality is, there isn't much to discuss.   Although I have been part of many of these types of threads in the past and have posting my feelings about this topic, I have come to terms with the very slow pace of PG development.   It is pretty apparent that nothing is going to change in the near future in terms of pace of development, lack communication from the devs, new features, ideas, etc..  So, I will shelve the game from time to time, picking it up here and there when I have some spare time for a quick round.   Switching my swing to RTSM has given me a little more incentive to play and I still do like to check out community made courses, but overall, I have decided that you can lead a horse to water..... well, I think you know the rest.  

• Griz891, worrybirdie and DoGgs like this

#130 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:30 PM

Ted,

If you honestly feel that way why are you still hanging around? Or is this a strategy to try and light a fire under development? Do you feel obligated to warn off any future customers? Leave off already...geez.

SC  :mellow:

• Tigers Agent, Affo and zmax - sim like this

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#131 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

The thing for me is I just wish there was something new to discuss on these forums pertaining to the game instead of the lack of development threads... Once in a while a interesting thread will pop up but unfortunately, the reality is, there isn't much to discuss.   Although I have been part of many of these types of threads in the past and have posting my feelings about this topic, I have come to terms with the very slow pace of PG development.   It is pretty apparent that nothing is going to change in the near future in terms of pace of development, lack communication from the devs, new features, ideas, etc..  So, I will shelve the game from time to time, picking it up here and there when I have some spare time for a quick round.   Switching my swing to RTSM has given me a little more incentive to play and I still do like to check out community made courses, but overall, I have decided that you can lead a horse to water..... well, I think you know the rest.  

Pretty much sums up my opinion too Rob, i have prob played two rounds in two weeks.  I have Royal St george on the go in CF but not really enjoying the build at the moment, i have moved on to other things for a while.

• RobV likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#132 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

Have to say amongst the doom and gloomers, that I am thoroughly enjoying the JNPG challenge at the moment.

Ok, so I am more of a Solo player and the OGT and PGLS websites cater for my needs and more. I don't play everything they offer, but with the various Tours, stats and other additions, I am more than happy with my £15 (plus DLC) investment whilst waiting for the updates etc. They will come...at some point, but why dwell and post comment after comment on why it takes so long and " oh how it's all falling apart", just jump in and join in with what's on offer or provide some alternatives and spend energy enhancing what's here rather than trying to constantly pick holes. 

Is that the correct thing, should there be more communication? (yes) are the updates coming quick enough? (No.)..but we all got limited time here, so at the moment, this is what we have, the creative make courses, the people that have ideas can create events, competitions and the rest of us can carry on playing.

Disclaimer...not aimed at any one person, just people in general who insist on continually moaning.

• Arsam, cajuncapgun, Pappy and 4 others like this

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#133 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:28 PM

Nope, playing same build. I am not sure why you are trying to crap all over a game you know very little about.

The stream showed:

1. Two of the easiest courses in the game

2. Two DEVS who have been playing the game for over a YEAR. One was playing on the lesser difficulty Player clubs.

Their intent was NOT to show how freaking difficult it can be and scare off hundreds if not thousands of users. Most users are casual users and are not interested in a grinding simulation.

That is all I care to comment. Again, I have played BOTH games extensively and you have not.

In reality there's basically two golf games out there worth playing, JNPG & TGC. While one game is basically still in beta,(JNPG), and the other is about to come out with there second addition with probably more to come in the future. Kind of makes you stop and think where this game is actually heading. Now the way I see it, you can continue to bitch about TGC or buck up and purchase the new game coming June 27th. OR continue to keep waiting and waiting and waiting for updates for JNPG. I play this game from time to time but as a consumer, I like new games and that's what HB Studios is offering. Trust me....this waiting crap is going to get really really old if it hasn't already. Just saying....TGC2 is new and only $40 for your PC which isn't a bad price at all for a brand spanking new golf game.

#134 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:18 PM

Ted,

If you honestly feel that way why are you still hanging around? Or is this a strategy to try and light a fire under development? Do you feel obligated to warn off any future customers? Leave off already...geez.

And what feeling is that Stone? I didn't think I showed any emotion.

I'm hanging around, Stone, for the same reason everyone else is and PP is doing a great job of repelling present and future customers.

#135 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:54 PM

In reality there's basically two golf games out there worth playing, JNPG & TGC. While one game is basically still in beta,(JNPG), and the other is about to come out with there second addition with probably more to come in the future. Kind of makes you stop and think where this game is actually heading. Now the way I see it, you can continue to bitch about TGC or buck up and purchase the new game coming June 27th. OR continue to keep waiting and waiting and waiting for updates for JNPG. I play this game from time to time but as a consumer, I like new games and that's what HB Studios is offering. Trust me....this waiting crap is going to get really really old if it hasn't already. Just saying....TGC2 is new and only $40 for your PC which isn't a bad price at all for a brand spanking new golf game.

* That's not in reality, that is in your opinion. There are still other golf games out there, some quite old, but still worthy of playing to a lot of people.

* Sort of. Yes, it is a new game coming out on 27th June, but I'm sure some folks would argue it is TGC that has seen some updates applied to the lighting, the course designer and the swing by adding a couple of skill levels and new added features like the Societies and player creator. From what I have seen in videos and read on the net, it looks and feels like TGC 1.5, but that is just my opinion.

#136 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:58 PM

Is there nothing being tested at all by the beta testers? And by that I don't mean the latest patch.

In a word, No. PP as far as I'm aware don't yet have a build for the new Win 10 version ready for the private beta test group. Obviously they have their WIP version that they themselves are play testing but no idea when one will be forthcoming for the testers to get hands on with. Will just wait for PP to give us a nudge, lol.

#137 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:25 PM

$40 for basically an updated version of TGC?   That's a bit much.  Minor improvements to graphics.  Multiple tees and pins should have been in TGC 1.  PG has had these things since day 1.  I'll have to give HB props for being able to charge $40 for this update.  Staying engaged with their customers on the forum helps.  

As for updates to PG, all the new updates/features are being put in the new version of PG.  Current version will only get fixes and minor stuff.

#138 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:13 AM

What happens if TGC2 (or 1.5) really nails it with gameplay improvements?  What if it closes the gap with PG?  I haven't made up my mind yet about the game.  I'll be watching the streams for more information before I decide.

#139 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:42 AM

And what feeling is that Stone? I didn't think I showed any emotion.

I'm hanging around, Stone, for the same reason everyone else is and PP is doing a great job of repelling present and future customers.

Hi Ted,

Ahhh...a quibbler. Hmmmm....from what I do know of you, which I grant is very little; I'm going to go with, you know exactly what I mean when I say "if you feel that way". But if it helps your sensibilities then I'll rephrase that to "If you really believe that then what are you doing sticking around?"

It's your life so do with it what you will. From my point of view it just looks like your kicking Perfect Parallel when you believe they are already down.

I just do not get it brother. That's all.

SC   :huh:

• zmax - sim likes this

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#140 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:32 AM

Let me set you straight Stone. 

I believe the game is on a knife's edge as far as long-term viability and my perception is that PG2 is so far off that there is no point discussing it or speculating about features. That doesn't mean it's not playable now and it also doesn't mean that I won't play the game. Why would I not stick around? 

Perfect Parallel isn't down. What makes you think that? I don't like the term 'kicking' by the way. But I reserve the right to be critical of the company on this forum in regards to Perfect Golf and it seems there are a few others who are becoming more critical the longer this slow pace of development goes.  It's not looking good and mine is an honest appraisal. 

...is this a strategy to try and light a fire under development? 

Do you think it will work?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users