906 replies to this topic

#21 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:40 PM

Use the Dpad. Each direction is a different camera. Works really well.

I posted on the lighting in the HBS forums and we aren't alone. Everyone that's posted so far agrees completely. It's just WAY too intense.

Next question is:  How likely is it that the developers will listen to the feedback and make changes?

#22 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:44 PM

@JC:  Is the NDA lifted now?

Sort of hoping we can get some details and insights from you guys on how the beta went and feedback that they didn't go with, etc?

#23 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

@JC:  Is the NDA lifted now?

Sort of hoping we can get some details and insights from you guys on how the beta went and feedback that they didn't go with, etc?

Nope, and it never will be... I know that's not the answer you wanted to hear and not the one I wanted to give, but that's what it is.  It's not like they're hiding some grand conspiracy in doing so; it's more of a proprietary privilege they're invoking.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#24 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:03 PM

Nope, and it never will be... I know that's not the answer you wanted to hear and not the one I wanted to give, but that's what it is. It's not like they're hiding some grand conspiracy in doing so; it's more of a proprietary privilege they're invoking.

Oh I don't think it's a grand conspiracy, I just would find it fascinating to know some of the behind the scenes…

Oh well.
Disappointing for sure, but that's basically my review of TGC2 anyhow.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was expecting a bit more…

It really turned out to be TGC 1.5 as I thought it would be all along before getting over excited for no good reason.
All my fault.

#25 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

multiplayer cant lock club type and tournament scores will be meaningless

#26 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:23 PM

Next question is:  How likely is it that the developers will listen to the feedback and make changes?

Well... the proper fix is to detach the time of day from the course and make it a user selectable option during round setup. This should also apply to course conditions and weather as well. Do I think they'll do that? Nope. I wish they'd have taken more of a rewrite approach to TGC2 but it feels like they kept the core code and tried to tweak it. So that's disappointing to me.

A bandaid fix is to somehow come up with a way to adjust gamma settings or to disable lens flare. Those would help but as long as time of day is tied to the course then the designers will keep using early morning or late evening to get their money shots. I suppose another bandaid fix would be to allow them flexibility with time of day in the designer to get their screenshots but then change it later.

I don't know but it needs to be fixed. The lighting situation has the potential to be one of those things that ultimately drives some people away. It's washing out the colors as well.
  • nightowl likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#27 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:37 PM

I am playing the best golf game now.  There is no need to play inferior golf games or even to try them out.

Seriously some of you can be very rude.  Would you like someone coming to your business and talking praises about the competition?  It might have changed now but when I was growing up that would be seen as disrespect.

#28 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:37 PM

yep its very disappointing indeed, i picked it up from green man gaming, i had 30% off.  i will try the career mode for as long as i can stand it, as its one thing missing from PG that i really want.  I love the fact that the textures now look really washed out, all we heard from ADX, joneric and dusty was how washed out PG looked, and now they have it with TGC....too funny!

New lighting reflecting off water is great, has to be said...really liked that

I liked the roll from drives...pretty good

Pitch shot still the same...easy shot to get your bird within range.

chipping is still clunky and without feel

flop is a total mess, the one big thing they wanted to fix and they went and made it worse.  Also it is so easy to hit perfect/perfect you will never blade one.

Whats with the sound of the ball strike? sounds like hitting a cow's arse with a banjo...why did they change it?

putting is even more like a slow moving puck on ice...totally unrealistic!

Bunkers are even worse in new lighting...lifeless!  PG bunkers are a million miles ahead.

No control over course conditions, i don't know why i thought there would be...terrible.

no proper links theme and no pots...that is shameful

Some shots have left me puzzled...clean hits dispersing wildly!

Deep rough is still way too penal...you simply cannot work a good rescue shot..it's joyless

Another missed opportunity as far as i'm concerned

• cajuncapgun, zmax - sim and GoldenBear like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#29 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:38 PM

I am playing the best golf game now.  There is no need to play inferior golf games or even to try them out.

IFaTjQS.gif

• Perculator likes this

#30 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:48 PM

Seriously some of you can be very rude.  Would you like someone coming to your business and talking praises about the competition?  It might have changed now but when I was growing up that would be seen as disrespect.

Thanks for the life lesson. With all the respect that everyone has for you I'm sure your advice will go far.

If this topic bugs you so much then just ignore it. It's really not hard. Mike has obviously purchased and played the game and he's even participating in the discussion like a big boy. I see no harm here other than your trolling attempts.
  • cajuncapgun, Perculator and RobV like this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#31 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:54 PM

I want somebody  that plays tgc tours to comment on what they think about the different club difficulties and how that will work in their competitions.  As I understand it, it can;t be locked down to make sure all players are using the same clubs/difficulties.

#32 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:00 PM

I want somebody  that plays tgc tours to comment on what they think about the different club difficulties and how that will work in their competitions.  As I understand it, it can;t be locked down to make sure all players are using the same clubs/difficulties.

Agree. I haven't even tried the Player or Standard clubs yet. But in my mind, I don't see I won't shoot a better score with Player clubs than Tour clubs. If this is truly the case then it will be problematic I think. Maybe they'll eventually allow tournament admins to lock in the clubs.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#33 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

The ghost of Kyne still haunts the house...

#34 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

I think TGCT will let players choose what clubs they want to use, they will gain an advantage with less dispersion but no advantage from distance.  There is a big step up from player clubs to tour clubs, its almost like they tried too hard to make it more difficult compared to TGC 1 where it was too easy, have noticed plenty of dispersion that is puzzling, i'm hitting one shot pretty good then my next shot may veer wildly, and i know from experience that i did not swing any different from the previous shot...its a bit baffling, and will most certainly see players running for more forgiving controllers, especially ones like the xbox elite where you can tone down sensitivity bit by bit...it does not bode well for TGCT guys.

• zmax - sim likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#35 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

The ghost of Kyne still haunts the house...

I remember having a PM from mr Kyne touting suggestions for TGC 2, some we totally agreed on, none have been implemented.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#36 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:20 PM

There's a swing control setting called "Inverted" where you can make this happen... the ball will follow the path of the club instead of doing what physics would naturally dictate.  If you have that same setting to "Normal", it will produce a hook on an in/out swing path.  Why anyone would opt for "Inverted", I haven't a clue?

I always assumed this was put in from a gamer's perspective, not a Golfer's persective.

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#37 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:23 PM

Hard to say a this point.

My experience with the game is that a good player with Player clubs can compete with someone using TOUR clubs, but TOUR club users typically dominated when I was playing.

PC

Xbox One X

#38 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

@Divot:  Any complaints or things you wish they'd done differently in the finished TGC2 product?

#39 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:26 PM

I think TGCT will let players choose what clubs they want to use, they will gain an advantage with less dispersion but no advantage from distance.  There is a big step up from player clubs to tour clubs, its almost like they tried too hard to make it more difficult compared to TGC 1 where it was too easy, have noticed plenty of dispersion that is puzzling, i'm hitting one shot pretty good then my next shot may veer wildly, and i know from experience that i did not swing any different from the previous shot...its a bit baffling, and will most certainly see players running for more forgiving controllers, especially ones like the xbox elite where you can tone down sensitivity bit by bit...it does not bode well for TGCT guys.

You cannot tone down sensitivity on Elite controllers. You continue to post this and I have owned one for two years and I have never found a lick of evidence this is true.

Tour clubs will require as much practice as TOUR Pro for controllers in JNPG.

PC

Xbox One X

#40 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

@Divot:  Any complaints or things you wish they'd done differently in the finished TGC2 product?

Yes.

I think they borked the Tournament setups by relying on Societies and not letting users create their own tournaments.

They also have a non-intuitive online MP system that at some point they will have to develop a true Lobby for MP.

They have some lighting issues they need to address. I am thinking that a good gamma slider would help.

I think they grossly miscalculated their server capacity needs for Day One. I have hear that their Steam server load was more than double their average load. I am thinking the console miscalculation was far worse.

I'll stop there for now....

PC

Xbox One X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users