#41 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:36 PM

I am playing the best golf game now. There is no need to play inferior golf games or even to try them out.

Seriously some of you can be very rude. Would you like someone coming to your business and talking praises about the competition? It might have changed now but when I was growing up that would be seen as disrespect.

Or, you could just stay outta this thread. I mean MJ has posted in this thread as well. I don't think he has much issue with people talking about TGC2. How tall is the ladder you use to get off that horse you ride here in the forums?
  • Perculator and mebby like this

#42 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:36 PM

They also have a non-intuitive online MP system that at some point they will have to develop a true Lobby for MP.

Yeah - That ultimately was the deal breaker for me that made me do refunds.

Playing with an old guy all the time (my uncle), I need multiplayer match play to be easy and intuitive to set up and initiate and that didn't get any love at all unfortunately.

JohnEric sums it up (sadly).

tu0TAbE.png

#43 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:41 PM

what a fool..... lol

#44 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:42 PM

To be honest I fired the game up this morning and the textures and feel of the game is a big disappointment. IMO....The game took a step backwards. Granted I played 2 courses and maybe it'll grow on me somemore in time, but my gut reaction this morning was I'm not impressed in the least yet. TGC 1 was a better looking game if you ask me. Like I said, maybe it just takes time to grow on you, but TGC 1 I fell in love with immediately.....not getting that with this one...lol

• Tentpole and Platypus409 like this

#45 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:42 PM

Or, you could just stay outta this thread. I mean MJ has posted in this thread as well. I don't think he has much issue with people talking about TGC2. How tall is the ladder you use to get off that horse you ride here in the forums?

Looks more like a go kart than a horse...

#46 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:12 PM

Just checked the reviews for all three platforms on Amazon.While not a ton of reviews yet what has been posted doesn't show a lot of love.I'm sort of surprised the game didn't have fanbois posting immediately. 

The server problem will fix itself when people give up-at least that's what I've seen with other games.Perhaps they should have made more of the game offline.

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#47 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:34 PM

To be honest I fired the game up this morning and the textures and feel of the game is a big disappointment. IMO....The game took a step backwards. Granted I played 2 courses and maybe it'll grow on me somemore in time, but my gut reaction this morning was I'm not impressed in the least yet. TGC 1 was a better looking game if you ask me. Like I said, maybe it just takes time to grow on you, but TGC 1 I fell in love with immediately.....not getting that with this one...lol

I think the lighting issues are killing it at the moment. But I agree completely - it feels like TGC2 looks worse in many aspects than TGC1.

I THINK it's mostly down to the lighting though.
  • Griz891 likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#48 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

I THINK it's mostly down to the lighting though.

It is and hopefully there's some help coming for that.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#49 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:49 PM

You cannot tone down sensitivity on Elite controllers. You continue to post this and I have owned one for two years and I have never found a lick of evidence this is true.

Tour clubs will require as much practice as TOUR Pro for controllers in JNPG.

Lol oh yes you can, and it will have an impact on the shot in a golf game, i know this and i don't even own one...c'mon! i say it because it is true, its common knowledge, seen a few posts and vids here and there....check here http://support.xbox....lite-controller

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#50 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:03 PM

Well i tried playing career mode, got two rounds in the bag, but i simply cannot play this rubbish any longer.  There is zero feel to any of the short game shots, off the tee is better than TGC, but hell thats the least i would expect and it's still not as good as PG.  Pitching is still childs play, it's just a joyless experience all round, and there is not one decent course to start you off with, they are all gimmicky trash...the need for TGC designers to go wild with bunkers is just plain silly.

UNINSTALLED!  shame

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#51 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:12 PM

Got my refund in double quick time.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#52 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:16 PM

Dogz, any thoughts on how the tempo works? Perhaps it's something PP can implement with rtsc.

#53 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:16 PM

Got my refund in double quick time.

It's an avalanche of "meh" over there right now.

A definite shame they are having so many server issues.  It's amazing they didn't somehow test/prepare better for that or do a staggered roll out of PC first, then consoles, etc..

Also, Oswinner has a good post over there about an HB "own goal" on the rollout with the featured courses.

http://www.hb-studio...7&topic=19007.0

It's fairly amazing they kept, let alone featured, such courses as Little Brook Manor again given how many amazing 3rd party ones they might have chosen from if they'd wanted to I would imagine.

#54 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

Dogz, any thoughts on how the tempo works? Perhaps it's something PP can implement with rtsc.

god no please, its easy to hit perfect/perfect   This i will say... PP do not need to implement such a feature because i good swing in PG tour pro will come about from hitting with a nice tempo anyway, if i swing with say a fast take back and a slow follow thru i will not be very consistent.  I thought the tempo in TGC 2 would be easy to master, and it is.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#55 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:27 PM

I just want to chime in and offer that it's possible that DoGgz is simply quite good at these things too...

In my 2 hours of play (not a ton, I know), I was nowhere close to mastering the tempo component.

I also got the sense that it would be something that would come/go for me over time no matter how good I got at it, which I think will add immensely to the replayability of TGC2 for the people that stick with it over the long haul.

I actually thought they did a great job with that feature, leaving aside any debate on the merits of having it or not, and opinions around that.

#56 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

Enjoy the game overall. I do think there's a bit to much bounce and roll with the driver off the tee. Shots I thought were safe ended bouncing 6-7 times then rolled into the 1st cut and even the deeper stuff.the ball seems springy as it bounces.

#57 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:32 PM

Enjoy the game overall. I do think there's a bit to much bounce and roll with the driver off the tee. Shots I thought were safe ended bouncing 6-7 times then rolled into the 1st cut and even the deeper stuff.the ball seems springy as it bounces.

Sure would be nice to be able to choose conditions and time of day, 'eh?

(I really hate how you can't do that...)

#58 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

I just want to chime in and offer that it's possible that DoGgz is simply quite good at these things too...

In my 2 hours of play (not a ton, I know), I was nowhere close to mastering the tempo component.

I also got the sense that it would be something that would come/go for me over time no matter how good I got at it, which I think will add immensely to the replayability of TGC2 for the people that stick with it over the long haul.

I actually thought they did a great job with that feature, leaving aside any debate on the merits of having it or not, and opinions around that.

One thing i have learned with the PG swing is to be smooth with back and down, guess you could call that a tempo and why i don't find it difficult in TGC 2  but its not just me, i watched tim wilsons video where he plays his first ever TGC 2 round and he did the same, all the youtube vid players are hitting perfect /perfect most of the time.  go watch em

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#59 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

I played it for almost 2 hours just in time to get my refund, shame really but it is in my opinoin rubbish it just hasnt got any soul.

#60 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:42 PM

So, it seems HBS have left the door open for PP to walk through whenever JNPG 2.0 sees the light of day.

I'm sure TGC2 will see some patching, but the early feedback seems to be a lot more negative than was expected.

I've been watching YT user ApexHound playing TGC2 and while there seems to be some good things in there, the course he was playing on looked quite underwhelming to me to say it was an official TGC2 course, so presumably was designed with the new course designer. JNPG may have the 2D textures that folks say are so dated, but I much prefer the look of JNPG courses.

• cajuncapgun likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users