#61 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:07 PM

Played it for a good hour. I wasn't that impressed. Swing interface/difficulty is better than in TGC.

I am not really feeling it with the controller. It's such a short motion with this tiny stick. RTS-M feels sooooo much more like a golf swing to me.

In TGC2 you have to be rather quick to get perfect/perfect. I would have liked at least the backswing to be a bit slower. It's quick back, quick forth. Simply too fast for my liking.

Having said that: after 10 minutes a got the trick. 9/10 swings i get perfect/perfect. Doesn't help me that much, cause i am really struggling to stay in the cone (xbox 360 in use). The main problem is, that i am not really feeling it, if i miss left or right. I push forward, it feels almost identical with every swing, but some are way left, some are way right. I haven't played with a pad since TW 14, so having no feel for the little stick has to be kind of expected. But when i play RTS-M i can feel what i did wrong (tempo or swing plane). With TGC2 it's absolutely random at the moment. I hope that gets better.

P.S.: controller gate holds true for TGC2 as well. I plugged in a Logitech 310 just to compare. Way easier to stay in the cone, although getting the tempo right was more difficult. Had to really ram the stick forward to swing fast enough.
  • JoeF and zmax - sim like this

#62 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:15 PM

It is and hopefully there's some help coming for that.

I hope you're right, John.  I've had it with the game until the lighting issue gets corrected.  :(

#63 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

What's the career mode like?

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#64 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:30 PM

Thanks Frank70. I was curious how the F310 and other easy controllers would perform in TGC 2. 10 mins to get 9/10 perfect/perfect.....lol

#65 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:36 PM

Dogz, any thoughts on how the tempo works? Perhaps it's something PP can implement with rtsc.

My first round that I played I was getting perfect/perfect about 75% of the time and I was starting to think that there was nothing to it. I played several more rounds and will continue to play again tonight and there were times that I had the tempo and times that I lost it. It comes into play for me more often on partial shots and chips/pitches than any standard full shot.

I personally really LIKE the tempo in TGC2 so far. I think it adds a lot to the swing. If it were just down to the shot cone I'd be bored already. I think once I get more experience I'll turn the shot feedback off and it will be even more interesting.

So I'd LOVE for PP to explore a tempo element for RTSC. Their swing on Tour Pro is really good already - I think this would elevate it quite a bit.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#66 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:39 PM

Sure would be nice to be able to choose conditions and time of day, 'eh?

(I really hate how you can't do that...)

Yeah, I played St Andrews this morning. I don't remember the user who made it. Clvr or something like that. He converted it over to TGC2 and boy is that hard on the eyes. It like it's all washed out and kinda dank. Did not enjoy the round so much.

#67 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:41 PM

Thanks Frank70. I was curious how the F310 and other easy controllers would perform in TGC 2. 10 mins to get 9/10 perfect/perfect.....lol

To be fair: that was on the range. And staying inside the cone is really difficult for me with the xbox360.

And the mouse swing is.... not good. No comparison to RTS-M.

#68 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:52 PM

Lol if TGC 2 had a detection message it would be like popcorn going off right now, that is a guarantee....this is why TGCT would be better off sticking with TGC 1   i fear its days are numbered otherwise....i'm gonna start logging in over there just to pull up a chair and grab me some popcorn off the floor!  gonna be bun fights everywhere.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#69 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:50 AM

With Societies popping up and running their own tournaments, what's the draw for TGCtours?

#70 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:03 AM

The avatar is woeful. Instead of an animator they should have got an anatomist. I shake my head and wander off.

• Richard and Tigers Agent like this

#71 gravedodger

gravedodger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationThe northy part of Ireland

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:42 AM

Thanks for all the posts chaps, I've read enough and it's been very helpful, my money will stay in my pocket.
  • Perculator, ✠ davef ✠ and footslogger like this

#72 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:10 PM

When are developers going to grow up?

#73 Stopit Here

Stopit Here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

Yeah - That ultimately was the deal breaker for me that made me do refunds.

Playing with an old guy all the time (my uncle), I need multiplayer match play to be easy and intuitive to set up and initiate and that didn't get any love at all unfortunately.

JohnEric sums it up (sadly).

tu0TAbE.png

Did you ever actually get a match play game running ? we have tried and cant figure it out how to invite a LIVE friend to a match play game, haven't tried 4 ball i expect we will have the same problem, asked in the TGC forum but no response, any help would be great, i want to love the game but can't ATM.

#74 Stopit Here

Stopit Here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

god no please, its easy to hit perfect/perfect   This i will say... PP do not need to implement such a feature because i good swing in PG tour pro will come about from hitting with a nice tempo anyway, if i swing with say a fast take back and a slow follow thru i will not be very consistent.  I thought the tempo in TGC 2 would be easy to master, and it is.

you didn't use tour clubs or you wouldn't be saying this crap mate, just stop lying about the game, you don't need too, HBS are doing a fine job with letting people down as it is. 

#75 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:05 PM

you didn't use tour clubs or you wouldn't be saying this crap mate, just stop lying about the game, you don't need too, HBS are doing a fine job with letting people down as it is. 

I tried it with Tour clubs. Getting the swing ironed out tempowise was not that difficult. Hitting inside the cone isn't easy for me with an xbox360 controller. The good players (i am not, cause i will play mostly JNPG) will get the perfect/perfect tempo really fast. Won't be a factor in the long run.

It would be good, if it had a greater variety (perfect/almost perfect/a tad slow/slow .... etc.)

#76 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:14 PM

Lol oh yes you can, and it will have an impact on the shot in a golf game, i know this and i don't even own one...c'mon! i say it because it is true, its common knowledge, seen a few posts and vids here and there....check here http://support.xbox....lite-controller

Has NO impact on the swing.

I tried all settings and there is no change to the swing or shot outcomes.

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#77 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:19 PM

Lol if TGC 2 had a detection message it would be like popcorn going off right now, that is a guarantee....this is why TGCT would be better off sticking with TGC 1   i fear its days are numbered otherwise....i'm gonna start logging in over there just to pull up a chair and grab me some popcorn off the floor!  gonna be bun fights everywhere.

How many rounds have you played?

I have over 100 rounds in and can tell you that my experience is very different from yours.

I was an accomplished player here in JNPG OGT Tournaments in Tour Pro, so I do know something about both swings based upon lots of experience.

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#78 Stopit Here

Stopit Here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:36 PM

How many rounds have you played?

I have over 100 rounds in and can tell you that my experience is very different from yours.

I was an accomplished player here in JNPG OGT Tournaments in Tour Pro, so I do know something about both swings based upon lots of experience.

Tim any idea on how to set up a match play/4 ball round up with live players please, if not could you try to get some inside info on how to do it please thank you.

#79 Stopit Here

Stopit Here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

Dogs you do yourself no favours constantly slamming this game, WE ALL GET IT someone pi*sed on your cornflakes over on the other forum we get it,

#80 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

Tim any idea on how to set up a match play/4 ball round up with live players please, if not could you try to get some inside info on how to do it please thank you.

Does this TGC2 tutorial help?

http://youtu.be/GQSwuLw7UlY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users