#21 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:28 PM

Jim, a few things you can try...

1. Tick fog on. Choose linear and run from 200 to 3000 (or some number slightly larger than your terrain dimensions) and see what happens.

2. You may have a problem here with your initial set up. You always have to dig a bit to develop your water. Even when working off Lidar data.

I always raise my entire terrain 10-30m prior to import of my heightmap. I don't think this can be done without starting over or trying ShimonTools. (Search, he recently posted an update but not sure if it is bug free in current unity).

You can have several water planes. It really depends on your course layout. Is water at different elevations throughout course? If so, you'll have to use multiple planes and size them for each location. If not, keep it simple and scale 1 plane for the entire course.

You can move the height of the water plane after selecting and then by typing in numbers in the inspector for exact depth control.

#22 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:34 PM

ShimonTools

You may be able to raise your terrain with this without losing your work. (MovetheGround) Might want to make sure you duplicate your project and place elsewhere in your hard drive before trying.

http://www.perfectpa...32-shimontools/

#23 schmidt61059

schmidt61059

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:32 PM

Thanks for the answers.

Lighting: I discovered that part of the problem involved the directional light, which somehow got positioned below the terrain. I set it to the coordinates in the tutorial course and that partially fixed the problem, but now I'm  getting weird shadows in a different way. The avatar is almost completely in the dark sometimes, but not always. I also set the fog as you suggested (since that's how it is in the tutorial course.)

Water: If I can't get it to behave, then I'll try moving the terrain as you suggest. Haven't gotten back to that part yet. Real job and all that.

For all these issues, I will say that doing a lidar/image based course is pretty cool. Even at this early stage, it does look and feel like the real course I've been playing for 20+ years. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lidar, hazards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users