90 replies to this topic

#1 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:06 PM

I was just wondering if anyone has been playing PC2?
I'm a bit a novice with racing games and I'm having a bit of trouble keeping the cars on the road. They seem to spin off far too easily. Perhaps my car setups aren't correct. Any tips please?
I didn't have any problems with F1 2016 but I guess PC2 is more of a simulator.
PS4 using Thrustmaster T300 RS.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#2 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:24 PM

Did 5 laps at Indy last night with a Nissan 300ZX Turbo with no issues.  Gonna be an great game I think.   Have you calibrated your wheel's pedals?

Btw, there are 13 so far in our racing group.  Pm me if you wish to join us for multiplayer races or just competitions.

• IanK likes this

#3 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:31 PM

Ran a bunch of hot laps @ indy in a Indy car "Chevy" powered.   Only going to say "It does not suck"  :) 

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#4 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

Ran a bunch of hot laps @ indy in a Indy car "Chevy" powered.   Only going to say "It does not suck"  :)

But I do! ;-)
I've started a Formula Rookie career at Knockhill but I've yet to finish the first race although I've tried many times.
Practice makes perfect I guess.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#5 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:56 PM

On PC for me. Hopefully be trying it over the weekend.

#6 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:00 PM

How is PC2 better/different than PC1?

Oh yeah, is your group PC, XB or PS?

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#7 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

How is PC2 better/different than PC1?

Oh yeah, is your group PC, XB or PS?

PC group.   Wonder if PC can race with Consoles? 

Haven't raced enough yet but so far, it has more tracks and tons more cars.  Biggest additions were oval tracks such as Indy and more Indy cars.   Graphics are better too.   We all bought the Deluxe edition.   If you have and Nvidia card, you;ll want to get this driver.   https://www.geforce....me-ready-driver

• Dazmaniac likes this

#8 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:51 PM

I'm still thinking about it.  Racing against you guys is certainly a selling point.  I may not be able to get it though for a couple months.  I'm getting a toe amputated next week and then a new shoulder on 10/9.  The good thing is that the toe coming off is the brake foot.... you don't need to brake or anything right?  LOL

#9 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

I'm still thinking about it. Racing against you guys is certainly a selling point. I may not be able to get it though for a couple months. I'm getting a toe amputated next week and then a new shoulder on 10/9. The good thing is that the toe coming off is the brake foot.... you don't need to brake or anything right? LOL

Wow, best of luck to you and a speedy recovery. I myself just had surgery to free up some pinched nerves caught behind my l5 vertebrae.

#10 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:26 PM

Wow, best of luck to you and a speedy recovery. I myself just had surgery to free up some pinched nerves caught behind my l5 vertebrae.

Thanks Arcade.  My spine is still good (knock on wood).  Hope everything is ok for you.

• Fairwayman likes this

#11 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

I'm still thinking about it.  Racing against you guys is certainly a selling point.  I may not be able to get it though for a couple months.  I'm getting a toe amputated next week and then a new shoulder on 10/9.  The good thing is that the toe coming off is the brake foot.... you don't need to brake or anything right?  LOL

Join us Crow.   You can play with a controller till the foot heals.   Our race nights are a blast.

#12 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:20 AM

Join us Crow.   You can play with a controller till the foot heals.   Our race nights are a blast.

LOL, I'd be all over the road.

#13 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:01 AM

Arcade Cars 2   ROFLMFAO

If anyone is having difficulty controlling the cars in Arcade Cars 2, then they would be completely lost in rFactor2 or Assetto Corsa which are actual sims.

#14 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:03 AM

All the best for a "speedy" recovery.

• Crow357 likes this

#15 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:15 AM

GB,

I don't have the time for a serious racing sim. Pcars 2 is plenty difficult enough for me. I just want great graphics, tons of tracks, tons of cars, and a great online racing game. Call it arcarde all you want, but our group will be having a ton of fun this winter. :)
  • GoldenBear likes this

#16 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

Arcade Cars 2   ROFLMFAO

If anyone is having difficulty controlling the cars in Arcade Cars 2, then they would be completely lost in rFactor2 or Assetto Corsa which are actual sims.

LOL!   Wrong GB!  Project Cars is a lot better than Assetto Corsa.  I own Assetto Corsa and PC2 beats it by a mile.    I can not speak to rFactor2.    I am having fun with PC2.  It is not easy.  There is learning curve.  PC2 is imo harder than Assetto Corsa but not as hard as I-racing.  

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#17 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

So GB, did you get a refund after trying PCARS2 and not liking it as much as the other titles?

Or are you working on the assumption that PCARS2 is no better than PCARS and just having a good troll?

#18 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

I supported PCARS through the community funding, and after buying the game,have been receiving payments from SMS as part of the funding deal. Enough that is to cover the cost of PCARS and also PCARS2,lol.

I can safely say PCARS2 is definitely an improvement over the first game and this after only 45 minutes in PCARS2. Wheel/pefal calibration was easy and the FFB is really well done. It's not quite RRRE (which I feel has the best FFB of the racing titles I run on my PC - F1 2017, iRacing, RRRE) but it's sure a step in the right direction. The UI works well and there is plenty on offer in the game.

Just started a career in the Formula Rookie (UK series) and racing at Knockhill for the first time since I played TOCA all those years ago, lol. The Race Engineer feature is a neat addition and is also quite educational. Early impressions are good and the only current negative I've experienced so far is the AI. It is bad and needs some work for sure. Of the other games I play that have AI, PCARS2 is certainly the worst.

Still plenty of positives from me, so glad I made the purchase.

#19 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:19 PM

LOL.  I can't beat the AI on beginner.  All the tracks I'm on are covered in ice...  Maybe it's my wheel, dunno.  I see the AI cars zip through a corner and when I try to keep up, I just end up off the track.

Only had it a day tho.  I could race in PC1.  Not sure what the trick is yet.

#20 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:21 AM

I just spent 4 or so hours racing Pcars 2 with Crow357, Sjude, Brendan, and couple other online players at various times.   That was so much fun.   We used a few different tracks but mostly Daytona.  Will be racing again tomorrow after football.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users