• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:15 AM

Yeah, that was an amazing amount of fun.  I look forward to some more track time!

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#22 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:50 AM

After looking at various forums it appears that I'm not the only one with problems driving at Knockhill. The first corner is very difficult to take without spinning off. I'm learning how to take the corner now but this track is the first offered in the Rookie Championship career.
I believe the problem is because the turn is situated on the apex of a hill and the Rookie car is tail heavy making a spin out impossible to recover from.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#23 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:13 AM

Ian,

Are you driving the Rookie Formula there in the career mode? If so, try changing car setup from Loose to Stable. It isn't a magic bullet fix that will put the car on rails, but certainly helps getting round the corners and softens the tail end happiness the loose setup seems to give, lol.

#24 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:15 AM

Ian,

Are you driving the Rookie Formula there in the career mode? If so, try changing car setup from Loose to Stable. It isn't a magic bullet fix that will put the car on rails, but certainly helps getting round the corners and softens the tail end happiness the loose setup seems to give, lol.

Indeed I am Daz. Thank you, I will give it a try.
WWG1WGA

#25 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:32 AM

After looking at various forums it appears that I'm not the only one with problems driving at Knockhill. The first corner is very difficult to take without spinning off. I'm learning how to take the corner now but this track is the first offered in the Rookie Championship career.
I believe the problem is because the turn is situated on the apex of a hill and the Rookie car is tail heavy making a spin out impossible to recover from.

If you can try increasing your rear spring rate, sounds like you are bottoming out on that hill apex, slightly increase the rear ride height too.  Also try stiffening rear roll bar...good luck!

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#26 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:37 AM

If you can try increasing your rear spring rate, sounds like you are bottoming out on that hill apex, slightly increase the rear ride height too.  Also try stiffening rear roll bar...good luck!

Thank you DoGgz.
WWG1WGA

#27 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:52 AM

Will get one of those wheel/pedal frames tomorrow and join you guys. Tried playing Dirt 4 today with wheel on lap - not good.

#28 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:56 AM

Ian,

All good info from DoGgZ. Also have a try with the Race Engineer in the game it's a neat addition and makes changes to the car setup based upon what info you provide. Obviously the RF is a basic racecar and there are some tweaks which are just not available.

One more tip for Turn #1 at Knockhill, I usually drop to 3rd gear in the FR and begin my corner entry from the point below (using he darker tarmac as the reference) and try not to be too aggressive on the steering and just ease the car through the turn to avoid any nasty twitchy moments.

Gmh0J0K.png

Currently running career on AI 95% and 65% Aggression. Currently recorded a 58.501 at Knockhill in the RF.

• IanK likes this

#29 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:58 AM

Will get one of those wheel/pedal frames tomorrow and join you guys. Tried playing Dirt 4 today with wheel on lap - not good.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#30 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:58 AM

I made my driving seat from plastic plumbing waste pipes. I found the idea on the Internet and adapted it to suit.
WWG1WGA

#31 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:05 AM

Ian,

All good info from DoGgZ. Also have a try with the Race Engineer in the game it's a neat addition and makes changes to the car setup based upon what info you provide. Obviously the RF is a basic racecar and there are some tweaks which are just not available.

One more tip for Turn #1 at Knockhill, I usually drop to 3rd gear in the FR and begin my corner entry from the point below (using he darker tarmac as the reference) and try not to be too aggressive on the steering and just ease the car through the turn to avoid any nasty twitchy moments.

Gmh0J0K.png

Currently running career on AI 95% and 65% Aggression. Currently recorded a 58.501 at Knockhill in the RF.

Many thanks Daz. I have used the Race Engineer and altered the brake bias. My best at Knockhill is 1.1. I had actually started doing what you suggested above but you have to be so precise. I would have preferred a slightly easier introduction for a rookie.
WWG1WGA

#32 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:58 AM

I made my driving seat from plastic plumbing waste pipes. I found the idea on the Internet and adapted it to suit.

No need to pit for a bathroom break - sweet.

I needed something portable that I can fold up and remove, as it's sharing the sim golf area - this appears to fit the bill: http://www.nextlevel...ng-wheel-stand/

#33 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:12 PM

I use one of these, not the best wheel you can get but as its 2 way adjustable it allows me to race sat on my sofa in comfort, it's pretty good.

https://www.amazon.c...t/dp/B00371R8OU

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#34 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:19 PM

So GB, did you get a refund after trying PCARS2 and not liking it as much as the other titles?

Or are you working on the assumption that PCARS2 is no better than PCARS and just having a good troll?

Nope  I never get fooled twice.  The first one was the worst race game I have ever played.  I go for physics over eye candy and even there they got the game wrong.  What is with the shellac shine on the roads even in dry daytime weather?  The game is but a joke that no hardcore sim racer wants anything to do with.

#35 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:23 PM

Stiffening the rear roll bar causes oversteer.  He needs to reduce the rear anti roll bar.

#36 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:25 PM

No need to pit for a bathroom break - sweet.

I needed something portable that I can fold up and remove, as it's sharing the sim golf area - this appears to fit the bill: http://www.nextlevel...ng-wheel-stand/

I can vouch for that stand as it is the one I purchased for my Fanatec setup.  It is rock stable.  I hope you enjoy it.  :)

• shimonko likes this

#37 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

I'm actually hoping PC2 isn't too hard core for once - otherwise I get too involved. rFactor I even bought expensive race engineering books.

But JNPG - more hardcore please.

#38 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:27 PM

I'd been considering getting Forza 7 for Win 10 (as don't have an XBOX) but have seen it is digital download only and the MS site is stating that the download is 95.29GB > 95.64GB.

Think I'll pass and stick with AC, F1 2017, iRacing, PCARS2 and RRRE.

:o

#39 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:35 PM

I'd been considering getting Forza 7 for Win 10 (as don't have an XBOX) but have seen it is digital download only and the MS site is stating that the download is 95.29GB > 95.64GB.

Think I'll pass and stick with AC, F1 2017, iRacing, PCARS2 and RRRE.

:o

I'm planning on getting Forza for the pc. My buddy who has unlimited bandwidth told me to come over and get it at his house. I'll just throw it on and external hd and take it home. Even FIFA 18 was around 40 gigs to get.

#40 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:23 PM

Been playing this a bit this week, gotta say that i am very disappointed with the A.I. they never race race each other!  Once the first corner carnage settles down, they just go into indian file and thats it.  The game has good content but this A.I. issue has pretty much ruined it for me, wish i figured this out before i could not get a refund, too late now....very poor, another company that pushes the game too soon just to get the money in.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users