#41 Unique

Unique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:39 AM

I'd pay around $60 for the game, I'd pay and an extra $30 for course forge, and an annual fee of $20 - $30 for a country club membership similar to APCD membership.

Peter

#42 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

I just would rather pay more for an annual subscription and a solid price for the game rather than see PG get into all the mini-transactions that TWO and WGT were charging members to up-scale their golfers.

Agreed Lee.  I am not into course designing, so have no interest in the CourseForge aspect; however, I would pay $25 for the game, and an annual subscription fee of $50.

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#43 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

Agreed Lee.  I am not into course designing, so have no interest in the CourseForge aspect; however, I would pay $25 for the game, and an annual subscription fee of $50.

I think what's really important here is that they are available for separate purchase. 

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#44 briarfox

briarfox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

I also would like to see an out right purchase price, with the game able to be played IP to IP or through a server. Playing through the server incurring some kind of fee, whether annual subscription or other method, perhaps a green fee as IRL. I am not a fan of the buying balls, clothes, clubs, etc to give better performance. To me it is about the practice and becoming good at the game. IRL I can compete with others with my basic set and don't have to go out and buy the best driver, some I can do better and these days the younger guys do tend to out drive me :wacko: due to there ability, not shirt, shoes, hats, club or ball. No problem with this. As the saying goes, if I use a driver and 5 iron to reach the green against a driver and 8 iron it still comes down to the putting, which puts me at a disadvantage LOL, can't putt in both forms as well as others.  :lol:

As far as the actual amounts it will come back to requirements for PP to make a profit and continue providing us with the game. Perhaps there could be a sliding scale for memberships. So much for server use, if you want to play in tournaments or be members of a country club (maybe a fee for each country club), I think it may need to be choices for players with options to have full membership or part membership or just play the game on their own PC or console.

Most important I feel is a workable model that gives everyone a chance to play and for PP to make a profit and keep producing the game.

Look forward to many years of enjoyment as I have with Links, ohh, also can't wait  :)

#45 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

I paid $104.44 (with our very high taxes here in Europe) for a game recently. It was SimCity Five (the deluxe pack), another EA debacle. My point is, I suppose I would have to say that I would pay a similar amount for a worthwhile golf simulation, however, for that price, I think it should include the Course Forge.

• Skill based
  • No artifical skill enhancements (clubs balls etc.)
  • IP to IP direct play (Gameranger compatible would be nice)

What I would pay for a membership for online tournaments depends on other factors and remains up in the air.

• Nemesis likes this

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

#46 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

Every game community I have been a part of has released editors free of charge. Community design massively extends the life of a game, and it is in the companies best interests to encourage this. If Course Forge comes at a price I would still buy it, but personally it would leave a sour taste in my mouth. :(

Designers give their time to help the community. Yes, they enjoy designing, or they wouldn't do it, but they are not forced to release their work, and could just as easily keep their creations for themselves, rather than suffer the criticisms that sometimes occur. <_<

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#47 Jim Boags

Jim Boags

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWoodford QLD Australia

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

My opinion

The Game

I think up to $90.00 or $100.00 is not unreasonable as this is what you pay for any game from the shelf,,,in my part of the world anyway. This would be without any ongoing costs. If PP want to sell some gear, that would be fine however this would be an option. A nice shirt never made anyone play great golf. Good players should be rewarded by practise and good course management within their skill/click level. Paying for balls etc will drive people away in their droves

The Off Line Tour – if there was to be an update completed each year with current (real named) players and their current form, then this tour or ‘the’ tour may have to command a small fee ($10-$15.00/year) for the service. These tours only use the user’s hard drive space and not server space.

The On Line Tour – This is different, so commands a different price strategy, and, I’m not sure. However I think PP need to be thinking down the lines, ‘that this is a business’. If it was me, I would be setting some sort of price structure that would entice my customers to hang around. For example, I don’t think $25.00/year is too bad but encourage players to stay with ‘the community’ and either freeze that price for three years or even reduce it by $5.00/year for up to 3 years. This will give the PP boys cash up front to set things up and as more people come on board less will be needed from those foundation members in the following years.

Course Forge

Probably around 25 dollars looks to be about the number as a one off payment, however, Once again I would be doing something with this as well. I believe, with course forge being sooo user friendly, we are going to have courses everywhere 3 months after release. Why wouldn’t designers be able to sell courses back to other gamers. I do think that PP may need to govern this or we will end with a lot of garbage around taking up alot of space. Remember it’s their place and space. PP might need to draw a line and reject the bad ones.
Sorry, I’ve ‘gone on’ a bit. I don’t say much normally but when I do, look out.
  • Unique and Davefevs like this

* Asus SABERTOOTH-Z97-Mark1/4 x DDR3/2 x PCI-E

* Intel BX80646174790 I7-4790,3.60GHZ,4Cores,8MB CACHE Processor

* Samsung 500 GB SSD 840 EVO SATA III 6Gbs 

* Asus STRIX-GTX 970-DC2OC-4GD5  graphics card

* Corsair 16GB (2x8's) DDR3 1600 MHz Vengeance Pro Series

* Corsair Hydro Series H 105 Liquid CPU cooler

* Corsair AX860i ATX Power Supply

* LG 29UB65-P 29in AH-IPS, 2560x1080 resolution monitor

* Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

#48 Blackadar

Blackadar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

In all honesty, my best bet is $30 as a one time fee to own a licensed copy of Course Forge and a $25 recurring yearly charge for Perfect Golf. 

I think this is pretty close, though I think the basic version of CF is more likely to be given away if you can't do anything on it but create golf courses for PG.

PP already set the expectation with their kickstarter with $25 being the early buy-in for the game.  Anything considerably (3x) more than this isn't going to fly in the marketplace.  Plus, it won't be well received if someone pledged $25 on a failed kickstarter campaign only to face a $75 or $100 cost of entry for PG.  As such, I think we're more likely to see PG retail for $29 - $39 with an extra fee for online content for those who want to play online.  

They'll make additional money with more course releases, but I don't see this being a TWO model where clubs/balls are sold.  This is a golf simulation, not a pay-to-win game.

#49 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

My opinion

The Game

I think up to $90.00 or $100.00 is not unreasonable as this is what you pay for any game from the shelf...

This is true but what about PP's expenses incurred running top-notch servers? The failure of old PC Golf games came from
lack of cash flow after the initial game sale. What would you propose they do to offset server costs?

#50 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

I think this is pretty close, though I think the basic version of CF is more likely to be given away if you can't do anything on it but create golf courses for PG.

PP already set the expectation with their kickstarter with $25 being the early buy-in for the game.  Anything considerably (3x) more than this isn't going to fly in the marketplace.  Plus, it won't be well received if someone pledged $25 on a failed kickstarter campaign only to face a $75 or $100 cost of entry for PG.  As such, I think we're more likely to see PG retail for $29 - $39 with an extra fee for online content for those who want to play online.  

They'll make additional money with more course releases, but I don't see this being a TWO model where clubs/balls are sold.  This is a golf simulation, not a pay-to-win game.

Again no idea yet, but part of the value of kickstarter is you get something for your contribution.  The idea is you get to buy in at the beginning and get something others cant.  Part of that may be a lower price.

• Nemesis, Maineah and garynorman like this

#51 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Playing through the server incurring some kind of fee, whether annual subscription or other method, perhaps a green fee as IRL.

I totally agree and am glad you added the concept of a green fee.  I personally would pay an annual subscription that waives any green fees
and gives me access to as many rounds and courses as I want to play without incurring any other fees.

#52 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Again no idea yet, but part of the value of kickstarter is you get something for your contribution.  The idea is you get to buy in at the beginning and get something others cant.  Part of that may be a lower price.

AJ.   I, we appreciate your taking the time to chime in and give us some tid-bits.  The very fact that you are interacting with the community
on a regular basis this early on (long before launch time) allows everyone to know that out of just four people this community will grow
with great support and equally important, a very personal touch added to the support mechanism.

#53 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

I have to agree with several people about Course Forge being free. I would like to suggest that
CF be included in the original purchase of the game.

#54 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Course Forge will be available before the game is available.  There are logical reasons behind this not the least of which is having lots of content once the game is released.  But once the game is released I am sure Course Forge will be an optional download as part of the game.  But some people just wont want it so it preserves bandwidth to only provide it to those that want it.

• Nemesis, Maineah and Davefevs like this

#55 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

Course Forge will be available before the game is available.  Some people just wont want it so it preserves bandwidth to only provide it to those that want it.

This is very logical, and I agree.

#56 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

Course Forge will be available before the game is available.  There are logical reasons behind this not the least of which is having lots of content once the game is released.  But once the game is released I am sure Course Forge will be an optional download as part of the game.  But some people just wont want it so it preserves bandwidth to only provide it to those that want it.

Andrew

The content we want to create before the game is released, will there be some sort of play-test option available. With APCD there is a lot of switching between designer and game right from the start of a course.

Thanks

Adriaan

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#57 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Andrew

The content we want to create before the game is released, will there be some sort of play-test option available. With APCD there is a lot of switching between designer and game right from the start of a course.

Thanks

Adriaan

Adriaan,

I believe AJ and MJ have confirmed that within Course Forge there will be a sort of 'Shot Test' mode where you can hit a shot from a specific position to help you as you construct your course. No idea exactly what options will be available (eg. club choice etc. and whether it is a default full swing or whether you control the shot yourself) but I'm sure we'll find out soon.

I'm guessing it will be something along the lines of the animation playing the shot in the video that MJ created of the par 3 created in 15 minutes.

• Davefevs likes this

#58 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

Adriaan,

I believe AJ and MJ have confirmed that within Course Forge there will be a sort of 'Shot Test' mode where you can hit a shot from a specific position to help you as you construct your course. No idea exactly what options will be available (eg. club choice etc. and whether it is a default full swing or whether you control the shot yourself) but I'm sure we'll find out soon.

I'm guessing it will be something along the lines of the animation playing the shot in the video that MJ created of the par 3 created in 15 minutes.

Thanks, yes I remember something like that. I think it's important as you don't want start with the planting before the course is totally playable

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#59 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

If we can actually hit shots inside of Course Forge before Perfect Golf is released I will be one happy player. 

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#60 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

If we can actually hit shots inside of Course Forge before Perfect Golf is released I will be one happy player. 

I can't see this being the case. I would imagine the Course Forge will just call up the game engine to allow easy testing.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users