#721 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:54 PM

sad to hear that, he must be getting on now though.

Yep, he's lived an awesome life.  Alice will be fine, and they have an incredible support system.

His contributions to golf are a pretty awesome life's work.  I'll never forget being at Kiawah trying to play from the Ryder Cup Tees (year after) and him laughing and telling us they didn't even play that hole that far back.  So I asked him "what's this tee for then?" and he said "In case the wind would shift" lol  I didn't know him then, we were just four guys from Indiana who the pro told Pete were out on the course, so he found us.

He loved doing that, showing up at a course he designed and just getting in a cart and driving the property to see how it held up, how things were softening, etc.

#722 cajuncapgun

cajuncapgun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationPearl River ,La

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:08 PM

Alzheimer's is a cruel cruel disease

• GoldenBear likes this

NZXT Photon 410 Tower /     2x MSI Geoforce GTX 980 /     I7-4790K Processor /    Asus Z97-A Motherboard /    G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3

#723 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:43 PM

Yep

Especially when it's a guy like him who did so much good, and was always so humble.

• cajuncapgun, Greensboronclion and GoldenBear like this

#724 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:46 PM

It took my mother.  It is heart wrenching watching someone suffer from it.  My sister and I went through the same hell as it slowly destroyed her.  She was a wonderful mum.  May she RIP.

• cajuncapgun likes this

#725 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:43 AM

Having tons of posts on that thread at TGC means you do care.  Why would you post there if you did not?  Sorry but you cannot recant your own words you have posted proving this.

I DID care.

Have not cared in over 18 months.
  • GoldenBear likes this
PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#726 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:45 AM

It took my mother.  It is heart wrenching watching someone suffer from it.  My sister and I went through the same hell as it slowly destroyed her.  She was a wonderful mum.  May she RIP.

Very sorry to hear that.

May she respectfully RIP.
  • GoldenBear likes this
PC

Xbox One X

#727 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:58 AM

Very sorry to hear that.

May she respectfully RIP.

A big thank you to you as well as cajuncapgun who I thanked in a pm.  A very classy move by both of you.  All the best.

#728 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:14 PM

TGC 2019 is 25% off....not enough to tempt me.

• cajuncapgun likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#729 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,538 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:44 AM

Already?

#730 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 29 September 2018 - 02:50 AM

Yes, I had heard Pete was struggling too. One of the interesting things I did read was that, according to Alice and PB, that he still had moments of clarity whenever he was at a golf course. Small comfort for everyone, I suppose.

His work will be immortal, and his influence will live on through countless numbers of disciples like Doak, Urbina, Coore, Weed, Liddy, and his own offspring.

• GoldenBear likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#731 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 September 2018 - 06:33 AM

Only 5% more than that is all they have to pay me to play it.  :P

#732 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 September 2018 - 06:35 AM

Yes, I had heard Pete was struggling too. One of the interesting things I did read was that, according to Alice and PB, that he still had moments of clarity whenever he was at a golf course. Small comfort for everyone, I suppose.

His work will be immortal, and his influence will live on through countless numbers of disciples like Doak, Urbina, Coore, Weed, Liddy, and his own offspring.

Pete is one of the true immortals that anyone can respect and admire greatly.  May he go away peacefully into the next life.  

#733 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:12 AM

Already?

Not uncommon at all a month from release.

Following the pattern of most Golf game releases.
PC

Xbox One X

#734 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:17 PM

It's £23.99 for xbox and PS4 on 365 games, now thats a more realistic price, if you paid £45 then you have to feel a little sick, so soon after release.

https://www.365games...r-xbox-one-game

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#735 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 07:38 PM

I don't know what that is - I don't play courses or anything, I just hit balls (300-600 a day)

Oh.. it's actually perfect golf played on the simulator. Ogt is the site that runs the tournaments and keeps all the stats from our seasons. It's pretty great with lots of different levels of players competing in weekly net and gross tournament that follow real life events with most of the courses represented. Got some really good players on here, you'd probably enjoy the competition.

#736 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:01 PM

It's £23.99 for xbox and PS4 on 365 games, now thats a more realistic price, if you paid £45 then you have to feel a little sick, so soon after release.
https://www.365games...r-xbox-one-game

Spent more on a mediocre movie and overpriced snacks in one night. Not sick at all with the price drop. I’d pay full price again. I treat it for what it is. A relaxing video game and nothing more. I don’t need every game to be “ubersuperseriousroflultrahatdcoresimomgthisisthebestgamever” to enjoy it.
  • MERACE and DivotMaker like this

#737 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 07:55 PM

The sale brought it down to a reasonable price point so I think I'll give it a go, for research purposes of course  :ph34r:

Brace yourself for impact - I'm going in!

• cajuncapgun, shimonko and DoGgs like this

#738 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:48 PM

Spent more on a mediocre movie and overpriced snacks in one night. Not sick at all with the price drop. I’d pay full price again. I treat it for what it is. A relaxing video game and nothing more. I don’t need every game to be “ubersuperseriousroflultrahatdcoresimomgthisisthebestgamever” to enjoy it.

You totally miss the point, you should never support greedy developers in the gaming industry it does the consumer no favours by doing so, not one of you golf club lovers can tell me that TGC 2019 is a definite triple A game and worth the money, if you do its just out of loyalty to HB, nothing more.

• cajuncapgun likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#739 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 September 2018 - 10:49 PM

I’m not missing any point. My money I’ll do what I want with it. How exactly are they greedy? You think the PGA just let them use their logo for free? I really don’t give a flying rats ass if it’s a triple a game or not. It’s given me my value and that’s all I need. You really need something else to worry about other than what go’s on in some video game you don’t even play.
  • MERACE and DivotMaker like this

#740 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:57 AM

Decided to take a look at this game, and see what all the fuss is about.  Got it installed, went through all the editing options, then out to the practice range.  After trying to hit the ball about a hundred times, I was only able to hit it twice, and I have no idea what I did to accomplish that feet.

My back swing is slow and smooth, m y forward swing is slow and smooth, and I hold the left mouse button down throughout the swing process,  Somewhere along the way, I am obviously missing something, or doing something wrong.

Any ideas or suggestions as to how to HIT ti f***ing ball?

Warren

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users