#62 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:07 PM

The bunkers are definitely horrible..

I wish they were going to address those, but I haven't heard even an acknowledgement from the Devs that they are an issue, let alone a priority, in their eyes.

Like the loft grid being integral to the entire coding of their swing, it would seem that something about the way they built the course designer must have had to make a sacrifice as it relates to the bunkers and they perhaps can't do anything about it without a whole bunch of underlying changes/work.

It'll be interesting to see how they tackle that with the official Real Course Recreations that HB are doing.

Perhaps it's something that can be fixed on one-off courses using techniques and tools that only HB will have available to their DLC course designs.

#63 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:11 PM

Buck you are gonna look silly if PG2 comes to fruition, is PG dead or just resting its eyes? either way if there was no PG i would be playing winning putt, that tells what i think of TGC, the game is all show and no detail.  To have bunkers that actually look worse than they did in  TGC 1 is nothing short of criminal, not having pots also is just poor fair, as an American you may not care about the inclusion of pot bunkers for links courses, to me they are essential.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#64 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:16 PM

no PG im going back to TW08 got it downloaded and working this morning

got to have a go to.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#65 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

Buck you are gonna look silly if PG2 comes to fruition, is PG dead or just resting its eyes?

You may have missed this post by me (below) from March 5th..

I would love to look silly and be 100% wrong!

You guys all seem to think I don't want there to be a PG2 for all of us.

That couldn't be further from the truth.

I just find it more useful to look at this objectively from 30,000 feet and see what is likely and what makes sense and how I'd be thinking about it if I were a business like Trackman.That's obviously subjective analysis, no question.

I would LOVE to log on and be so F'in wrong about it all!

I'd love to have Mike smugly punch a hole in me on here and make fun of me for being a dope and so wrong on everything and a total moron..
I will happily take all the ribbing, all the "told ya so's" and all the mocking...

You know why?
It would mean I'd soon be playing a SWEET new version of Perfect Golf!

#66 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:30 PM

HB Studios said TGC would not be like other games with constant new versions coming out and yet they are on their way to the third one?!  What a joke.

#67 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:44 PM

HB Studios said TGC would not be like other games with constant new versions coming out and yet they are on their way to the third one?!  What a joke.

So do you prefer one version that doesn't get enough updates due to the lack of revenue or new versions every year or 18 months?

#68 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:29 PM

Yes, the bunkers in TGC 1 and 2, and so far 2019, leave much to be desired.  I don't know that any of the remaining artistic changes that they've announced are going to do much to change that.  We haven't seen SpeedTrees in action or even in a screen shot.  That will change the look of the game, but will it be for the worse or the better in terms of realisim?  Don't know yet.   The lighting is also going to get some work, and it needs it in many cases.

I liked what I saw in the swing mechanics video today, but how will it feel?  Again, I don't know.  I do know I like the feel of TGC 2's tempo swing better than TGC 1... much better in fact.  I'm looking forward to Early Access!

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#69 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:11 PM

I like what I saw.  I like that they indicated the shot shaper can be turned off.  I didn't like that they confirmed it's coming back.  They honestly need to kill it or at least give it a major overhaul if it's going to stay.  As long as it can be locked to "off" for tournaments I'll be happy.

The devil is in the details with the new swing.  I'll have to play it to really judge it.  However, they seem to be making some great improvements here.  Club path controls the ball's launch direction, tempo controls fade/draw.  So you can execute a power fade by swing from 5 o'clock to 11 o'clock but slowing your downswing tempo down a hair.  The ball will launch off axis to the left but then start to fade.

On top of that you've got the swing cone to deal with.  So a rather large variety of shots should be possible.  

Can't wait to try it.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#70 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:20 PM

Re: TGC 2019 - If they are going to actively develop it, have match play and even do some real official courses, I'll be there.

At some point, just having a dev team that's open and cares for you as a customer matters a lot more than most other things, at least to me.

The developers have stated match play and some real official courses will be TGC 2019.  

-MERACE

#71 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:25 PM

The developers have stated match play and some real official courses will be TGC 2019.

-MERACE

Right…

I guess what I meant is I need to see it and make sure it works correctly first because we had their developers saying they had match play and defending their current implementation of it this last time around also

#72 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:02 AM

Right…

I guess what I meant is I need to see it and make sure it works correctly first because we had their developers saying they had match play and defending their current implementation of it this last time around also

I'm pretty sure that the HBS developers won't make the same mistake regarding true "live" match play like they did with TGC 2, but I could be wrong.   ;)

-MERACE

#73 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:40 PM

I'm pretty sure that the HBS developers won't make the same mistake regarding true "live" match play like they did with TGC 2, but I could be wrong.   ;)

-MERACE

Let's hope not!  But it's easy to be skeptical after what happened with TGC2.  I'm personally enjoying the game but many people got burned and then TGC tried to defend some of their whacky decisions about multiplayer as if they'd actually given us what we want.

The current marketing of TGC 2019 certainly SOUNDS promising but the devil is in the details.  I'm cautiously optimistic that it will live up to the hype.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#74 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:07 PM

The current marketing of TGC 2019 certainly SOUNDS promising but the devil is in the details. I'm cautiously optimistic that it will live up to the hype.

At least you have some hype. The local morgue provides more information than TM/PP and it’s all current.
  • RobV and mebby like this
Richard

Posted Image

#75 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:08 PM

At least you have some hype. The local morgue provides more information than TM/PP and it’s all current.

yep +1 on that Richard..

That's exactly where my head is at as well...

At some point, just having a dev team that's open and cares for you as a customer matters a lot more than most other things, at least to me.

#76 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:12 PM

So do you prefer one version that doesn't get enough updates due to the lack of revenue or new versions every year or 18 months?

For me yes.  It just gets very tiresome to keep having game developers say one thing then do something else.  Codemasters and EA Sports I have boycotted for this reason.

#77 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:16 PM

For me yes.

You got what you asked for here with PG then I guess..

One version with not enough updates and, as a result, lots of unfixed bugs and missing features.

#78 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:40 PM

I must admit I like the way HB regularly provide a developement diary. PP, or whatever they are called now could learn a lot from them.
I personally don't particularly like the tempo based swing. It's fine for full shots but clumsy for those less than 100% ones. I much prefer PP controller swing.
Does anyone know if the TGC 2019 swing will be 1:1 or as it is at present?
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#79 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:52 PM

You got what you asked for here with PG then I guess..

One version with not enough updates and, as a result, lots of unfixed bugs and missing features.

Agreed Buck.  But since this game was left with a lot of broken promises and missing features, what makes you think that PG2 will not be likewise?  They have lost my trust.  This is why I said I would only buy PG2 after it is out 6 months if after accessing the bug reports in the forum, I may then deem if it is worth my money and trust.  :)

#80 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:53 PM

It would appear that the main reason behind HBS releasing yet another stand alone version of the game (despite them saying the contrary in the past and not wanting to release annual versions) is that they have separated from Maximum Games and will be publishing TGC 2019 themselves.

To further develop TGC2 would likely mean they would still need to be working with Maximum Games, but as this relationship seems to have come to an end, the only move for HBS was yet another stand alone release. I guess what folks will want to see is continued work on TGC 2019 and not see an announcement for TGC 2020 next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users