#81 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:03 AM

It would appear that the main reason behind HBS releasing yet another stand alone version of the game (despite them saying the contrary) is that they have separated from Maximum Games and will be publishing TGC 2019 themselves.

To further develop TGC2 would likely mean they would still need to be working with Maximum Games, but as this relationship seems to have come to an end, the only move for HBS was yet another stand alone release. I guess what folks will want to see is continued work on TGC 2019 and not see an announcement for TGC 2020 next year.

Splendid analysis on your part Daz... I think you nailed it!

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#82 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:50 PM

One thing is for certain IMO, if they are intending to have real life licensed courses in the game, the bunkers in the course designer need improving.

#83 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:22 AM

One thing is for certain IMO, if they are intending to have real life licensed courses in the game, the bunkers in the course designer need improving.

That thought came to mind for me today playing Rory - just still blown away with the visuals on that game, especially at different times of day

Frostbite is totally awesome..

#84 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:07 PM

I'm curious to see if the bunkers for these courses are any different than the "non-licensed" courses.  It's clear so far that there will be no changes to the designer in this regard so we will be stuck with the odd bunker lips for the foreseeable future.  But MAYBE they can do something with the licensed versions. 

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#85 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:43 PM

I'm curious to see if the bunkers for these courses are any different than the "non-licensed" courses.  It's clear so far that there will be no changes to the designer in this regard so we will be stuck with the odd bunker lips for the foreseeable future.  But MAYBE they can do something with the licensed versions.

The bunker lips are quite an annoyance for me especially after getting used to the PG ones. One of the sounds in particular is laughable. I believe it's the sound associated with an iron shot. It's sounds like someone hitting my arse with a cricket bat!
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#86 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:48 PM

It's sounds like someone hitting my arse with a cricket bat!

Are you speaking from personal experience there?  :lol:

• Ted_Ball likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#87 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:45 PM

Are you speaking from personal experience there?  :lol:

Sorry my mistake. Steve Smith's arse!
  • Ted_Ball likes this
WWG1WGA

#88 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:13 PM

Watched a few of the developer video for TGC2019 and it will be interesting to see how this revised swing plays out. Looks like they are going to a lot of effort with the swing and lie effects. Hope they're not just talking a good game, lol.

Also be interesting to see just how many Speedtree variations they offer up, seeing as PP seemed to be limited with what they could offer. HBS mention rotatable trees in one video, which makes me wonder if variations are going to be limited but we can make them appear different by simply rotating them, lol. 

#89 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:43 PM

The bunker lips are quite an annoyance for me especially after getting used to the PG ones. One of the sounds in particular is laughable. I believe it's the sound associated with an iron shot. It's sounds like someone hitting my arse with a cricket bat!

:D  :D  :D

I've found that the sounds are different from machine to machine for me.  On some setups they sound better than others but I do agree that some of them are off quite a bit.  TGC1 sounds were actually better I thought.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#90 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:45 PM

Watched a few of the developer video for TGC2019 and it will be interesting to see how this revised swing plays out. Looks like they are going to a lot of effort with the swing and lie effects. Hope they're not just talking a good game, lol.

Also be interesting to see just how many Speedtree variations they offer up, seeing as PP seemed to be limited with what they could offer. HBS mention rotatable trees in one video, which makes me wonder if variations are going to be limited but we can make them appear different by simply rotating them, lol. 

Your signature made me laugh!  LOL!!!

I like what I'm hearing from them regarding the swing.  It seems like for people like me, I can turn off the stupid loft box and use only my stick inputs to generate the desired shot which will be a HUGE step in the right direction IMHO.

But I need to get some stick time with it before getting too excited about it.  It all SOUNDS great though.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#91 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:39 PM

Your signature made me laugh! LOL!!!

I like what I'm hearing from them regarding the swing. It seems like for people like me, I can turn off the stupid loft box and use only my stick inputs to generate the desired shot which will be a HUGE step in the right direction IMHO.

But I need to get some stick time with it before getting too excited about it. It all SOUNDS great though.

I don't like the loft box in TGC2 either but if you can disable it in TGC 2019 how can the player add or reduce loft? Ball position would be my ideal solution but I doubt if that will be implemented. I would love a golf sim to come along where there were no canned shot choices, just user adjustment for the ball position, foot position, club head angle, swing speed and tempo etc. etc.
WWG1WGA

#92 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:43 PM

I would love a golf sim to come along where there were no canned shot choices, just user adjustment for the ball position, foot position, club head angle, swing speed and tempo etc. etc.

Me too.

I think the problem is the extremely limited size of the market for such an experience makes it hard to have the financials pencil out.

The best hope would seem to be "that type of Sim experience" inside of a game that offers several ranges of ways to play and challenge.

I'm trying to remain hopeful for TGC 2019, but I also know I shouldn't expect too much of a change from TGC2 simply because they are obviously not starting from scratch nor building some entirely new version of their engine/swing/experience.

My great hope is just that they'll find a new way to show and interact with the code for the current loft box.  Something that is more in the language of the game of golf compared to a "graph that pops up out of nowhere" would be most welcome.

That said - given their timetable for release and where we are now, I don't expect a single thing to change with the loft box sadly.

#93 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:45 PM

Me too.
I think the problem is the extremely limited size of the market for such an experience makes it hard to pencil it out.

I have played PG without using the canned shots, just the full shot option. Quite challenging but fun.
  • Jesus Jones likes this
WWG1WGA

#94 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:49 PM

I have played PG without using the canned shots, just the full shot option. Quite challenging but fun.

I've been switching between Rory and PG the last couple days, and I'm starting to get infected with issues re:  PG's graphics.

The more I go back and forth, the more tired and dated PG looks to me.

It's very course dependent of course, but some of them are so "12 years ago" looking with the textures and the way light interacts with them and edges between types of material and water, etc, etc.  - It's an old bitch of mine, but it is still there and becoming more of a problem the longer we go.

It's really hard to go down in visual fidelity for me.  Even when I'm enjoying the TW2014 content and gameplay, I ultimately get worn out with the old visuals (as one example).

#95 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

Me too.
I think the problem is the extremely limited size of the market for such an experience makes it hard to have the financials pencil out.

The best hope would seem to be "that type of Sim experience" inside of a game that offers several ranges of ways to play and challenge.g

I'm trying to remain hopeful for TGC 2019, but I also know I shouldn't expect too much of a change from TGC2 simply because they are obviously not starting from scratch nor building some entirely new version of their engine/swing/experience.

My great hope is just that they'll find a new way to show and interact with the code for the current loft box. Something that is more in the language of the game of golf compared to a "graph that pops up out of nowhere" would be most welcome.

That said - given their timetable for release and where we are now, I don't expect a single thing to change with the loft box sadly.

My hope rides with TGC 2019 now as I don't believe we will ever see PG2 released on console. I just hope they can improve the swing mechanics. It would also be good if you could set your own swing tempo if that's what HB are sticking with.
WWG1WGA

#96 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:57 PM

I've been switching between Rory and PG the last couple days, and I'm starting to get infected with issues re:  PG's graphics.

The more I go back and forth, the more tired and dated PG looks to me.
It's very course dependent of course, but some of them are so "12 years ago" looking with the textures and the way light interacts with them and edges between types of material and water, etc, etc.  - It's an old bitch of mine, but it is still there and becoming more of a problem the longer we go.

It's really hard to go down in visual fidelity for me.  Even when I'm enjoying the TW2014 content and gameplay, I ultimately get worn out with the old visuals (as one example).

Graphics are important for me too but I love the PG TP controller swing. It's by far my favourite swing system in any golf game if tried.
WWG1WGA

#97 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

Graphics are important for me too but I love the PG TP controller swing. It's by far my favourite swing system in any golf game if tried.

That's what's frustrating to me - I also enjoy it..

It just kills me that no one game brings together the whole package of gameplay and graphics and modes of play and content.

Sigh..

I'd hoped that would be PG2 (at least the gameplay + graphics part)...

..but...well....you know the story..

#98 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

My hope rides with TGC 2019 now as I don't believe we will ever see TGC2 released on console. I just hope they can improve the swing mechanics. It would also be good if you could set your own swing tempo if that's what HB are sticking with.

Ian, I guess you meant PG above, as TGC2 has seen a console release already, lol.

TGC2019 is sounding interesting, I'll give it that and should be worth at least a look for any virtual golf fan. The lack of anything PG/PG2 related, due to the apparent Trackman silencing, IMO does nothing more than convince folks to give other golf titles at least a look.

#99 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:45 PM

Ian, I guess you meant PG above, as TGC2 has seen a console release already, lol.

Thanks Daz.
WWG1WGA

#100 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:55 PM

This thread title should now be changed to read : "The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR", based on an official press release from earlier today:

"The Golf Club 2019” takes a player on an authentic journey through Q-School, the Web.com Tour and a 32-tournament PGA TOUR season, including the FedExCup Playoffs, to become the FedExCup Champion. As players progress and complete challenges, they will attract sponsors who will offer rewards for continued success.

Launching in August, “The Golf Club 2019” will feature six precise replicas of renowned TPC courses: Summerlin, Scottsdale, Sawgrass, Southwind, Deere Run and Boston. The PGA TOUR and HB Studios will continue to support the golf videogame community into the future by adding authentic tournament courses and ensuring the best possible play experience for fans of the sport."

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users