1822 replies to this topic

#121 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:38 AM

Just seen this and I for one am looking forward to TGC 2019 as it is a chance for a good playable game. I have played both 1+2 and felt underwhelmed both times as I thought the look of them both was a bit too consolely for my liking. I always felt that the lighting was too bright and sparkly with a lot of glare and reflections.

I am just wanting a really good golf game from both a playing, desgining, looking points of view and if TGC2019 is a step nearer to that then great- I hope that if PG2 ever sees the light of day, then that is a bigger step nearer to the golfing experience we all want

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#122 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:27 PM

I'm hoping that we will not only be able to edit the player's names but also their attributes to mimic the real PGA players similar to what was available in PGA Championship Golf 2000.

Fingers crossed.  ;)

-MERACE

That would be ideal but I'm guessing (and it's just a guess) that this won't be in TGC 2019.  At least not out of the gate.  Maybe it comes later as DLC or in a patch but I think all their resources are being consumed recreating the first 6 courses.  While the announcement is certainly good news it does have me a little concerned that they've committed all their time and resources to this license and not enough time and resources to rounding out the broader experience.  I'm guessing that career mode will be a big let down for many.

Hopefully the new multiplayer, 6 licensed courses (and more coming), and the updates swing mechanics will be enough to make it a great game.  I think those that are hoping this new career mode will be the big new feature are going to be disappointed.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#123 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:29 PM

Am I the only one that thinks this hurts the chance of PG2 coming to PC?

#124 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:45 PM

I don't really think it impacts things either way.  

PG and Trackman are basically in a totally different market than TGC, which is much more about mainstream gamers, consoles, etc.

Andrew also already mentioned "don't ask about career modes" (I'm paraphrasing) for PG2, thus driving the two games further apart and making PG2 honestly less interesting to traditional gamers on that front also.

Besides all that..

Even if PG2 does come to PC (for non simulator usage), I'd imagine it wouldn't even be this calendar year anyhow.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#125 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:45 PM

It might give the powers that be a kick up the arse or a kick in the balls! Who knows?
  • ✠ davef ✠ and worrybirdie like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#126 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:07 PM

The  Golf Club 2019 will be a remake polished version of TGC2  ,silly physics , stupid flat bunkers,unrealistic shots delofted clubs shooting twice their distance, it will be a  pure arcade dial a distance golf game

• GoldenBear likes this

#127 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:25 PM

The  Golf Club 2019 will be a remake polished version of TGC2  ,silly physics , stupid flat bunkers,unrealistic shots delofted clubs shooting twice their distance, it will be a  pure arcade dial a distance golf game

Should we tell them to cancel it now or are they allowed to at least show us the new game before we discontinue it for them?

lol  :D

I'm staying positive and hopeful.  

Just the licensing deal alone shows me this is a new, more aggressive, development undertaking that is looking to dominate the suddenly vacant world of Console (and PC) golf for gamers.

• MERACE likes this

#128 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:59 AM

I hope they make the loft grid a lockable option for online play - meaning you can lock it to "off"

You are right about the current dial-a-distance features.  That's exactly what the current loft grid is.  I refuse to use it and force myself to control shot distance by managing my backswing - just like you have to do in JNPG.  It's a pretty satisfying experience for me when I play it that way.

• MERACE likes this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#129 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:06 AM

What's the use of a career mode that uses a PGA license if there are no PGA players and only 6 courses of the 32 weekly tournaments and no ability to swap in the real courses that users have made.
  • jmk59, worrybirdie and Ted_Ball like this

#130 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:36 AM

What's the use of a career mode that uses a PGA license if there are no PGA players and only 6 courses of the 32 weekly tournaments and no ability to swap in the real courses that users have made.

...If all that turns out to be true, then I'd say at least it's a start.  ;)

-MERACE

#131 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:46 AM

None, IMO... and that's why I won't be playing Career mode.  Even a fully fleshed career mode, with all the PGA players, and all the PGA TOUR courses, would likely not get much of my attention.  There's just too much fun to be had in playing Society tournaments... for me anyway, and now with the inclusion of an 'invite to match, real team online multiplayer with skins, match, and atl-shot at my disposal, I'll have even more attractive options to keep me away from playing career mode.

I do understand the desire for a PGA TOUR career mode though, and I'll be really disappointed if HB Studios doesn't at least put some the the user created courses that are RCR's, yet are named by a synonym or homonym of the real course name.  Magnolia National is as good a user created version of Augusta National as I've seen on any golf game.  What a tragedy it would be to not have that wonderful course in a career mode, the week of the Masters.  HB Studios has said that they can't be seen as promoting a real, unlicensed course in official events that they create and sanction.

I don't know that they'll be willing to push the envelope by using Magnolia National in their career option.  Their PGA TOUR agreement would probably keep them from doing something that brash, even though you or I could use Magnolia National all day long, in our own Society tournament.  I'm still curious to see what HBS is going to be willing to do with this.... I'm hoping they'll surprise me with a little moxie!  :)

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#132 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:58 AM

If I had a dollar every time I read the word "bunker' in this thread, I could buy each and every one of you a beer!   I personally don't get why some are annoyed with the way the game's bunkers look, but ok?   

Either way and aside from a few console golf games, TGC2019 will most likely be the only golf PC game on the market, so there won't be much to choose from... like the bunkers or not!   ha ha

• DivotMaker likes this

#133 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:34 PM

At least the developers seem to be keeping the interest of the game at this time unlike the dearth of information here- NDAs aside of course

I would think that there will be quite a lot of people who will look at TGC 2019 whom would do so if it was known that PG2 was coming out for PC/console etc rather than this nudge, nudge, wink, wink smoke and mirrors.

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#134 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:58 PM

If I had a dollar every time I read the word "bunker' in this thread, I could buy each and every one of you a beer!   I personally don't get why some are annoyed with the way the game's bunkers look, but ok?   

Either way and aside from a few console golf games, TGC2019 will most likely be the only golf PC game on the market, so there won't be much to choose from... like the bunkers or not!   ha ha

Well... the bunkers in TGC are one of those things that once you notice how horrible the lips are you can't get it out of your head!  Yes, it's a bit of a nit picky thing but they really do look awful.

• IanK likes this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#135 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

I've complained about them but they do looks awful! I've never seen 1ft high bunker lips on any course that I've played in real life. PG bunker look superb in comparison.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#136 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:31 PM

I've complained about them but they do looks awful! I've never seen 1ft high bunker lips on any course that I've played in real life. PG bunker look superb in comparison.

I think the JNPG courses are head and shoulders above TGC courses.  Take a mediocre JNPG course and compare it to the best of the best TGC courses and it's really no competition.  Course forge is worlds more powerful than the TGC designer and as such it can create very unique looks from course to course.  Even though there are some superbly talented designers on the TGC side, many of the courses look very similar.

But we have to keep in mind that the TGC designer has to be developed in a way that allows it to work on both consoles (XB1 and PS4) as well as the PC.  This is going to introduce some inherent limitations.

So we just take the good with the bad.

• RobV and IanK like this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#137 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:42 PM

Yep, of course it will.  This company will be bringing its third version out complete with all the promises said of the first two renditions but never delivered.  I personally do not understand how someone wants to be bitten a third time.  After all, it is supposed to be once bitten, twice shy.  It is not meant to be twice bitten, let's do it a third time, lol.

#138 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:03 PM

Yep, of course it will.  This company will be bringing its third version out complete with all the promises said of the first two renditions but never delivered.  I personally do not understand how someone wants to be bitten a third time.  After all, it is supposed to be once bitten, twice shy.  It is not meant to be twice bitten, let's do it a third time, lol.

I guess I'd rather be bitten by actual development versus the ghost town that exists here now…

#139 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:04 PM

Agree with Buck.  I'd always prefer to have options versus nothing but perpetual (we are working on it) statement.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#140 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:35 PM

I think the JNPG courses are head and shoulders above TGC courses. Take a mediocre JNPG course and compare it to the best of the best TGC courses and it's really no competition. Course forge is worlds more powerful than the TGC designer and as such it can create very unique looks from course to course. Even though there are some superbly talented designers on the TGC side, many of the courses look very similar.

But we have to keep in mind that the TGC designer has to be developed in a way that allows it to work on both consoles (XB1 and PS4) as well as the PC. This is going to introduce some inherent limitations.

So we just take the good with the bad.

I don't agree. I've played some amazing looking TGC2 courses and I'm not a TGC fanboy but any stretch of the imagination.
  • MERACE likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users