1822 replies to this topic

#101 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

This thread title should now be changed to read : "The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR", based on an official press release from earlier today:

"The Golf Club 2019” takes a player on an authentic journey through Q-School, the Web.com Tour and a 32-tournament PGA TOUR season, including the FedExCup Playoffs, to become the FedExCup Champion. As players progress and complete challenges, they will attract sponsors who will offer rewards for continued success.

Launching in August, “The Golf Club 2019” will feature six precise replicas of renowned TPC courses: Summerlin, Scottsdale, Sawgrass, Southwind, Deere Run and Boston. The PGA TOUR and HB Studios will continue to support the golf videogame community into the future by adding authentic tournament courses and ensuring the best possible play experience for fans of the sport."

I knew it... :D

Title changed - Thx JC

This is AWESOME!!!!

#102 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:12 PM

I knew it... :D

Title changed - Thx JC

This is AWESOME!!!!

Thanks for the thread title edit... it'll give it more currency!  I'm surprised they were able to pull it off.  I guess the PGA TOUR is letting them have the license at a bargain.  Then again, I guess the PGA TOUR figures they need to have some channel to the younger audience, and The Golf Club 2019 seems to be best poised to fill that bill right now.  

To be honest, I'm more interested in learning whether TGC 2019 is going to feature 4K assets and support HDR  :)

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#103 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:23 PM

Let's hope the game is better than the last two efforts. I've given TGC2 good long play but it just doesn't draw me in like PG has (as a solo player). How people can say that PG looks dated in comparison to TGC baffles me.
I hope PP and Trackman can get their act together.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#104 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:32 PM

i wonder if they realize how many new members they would get if they would come out with 3C?

it would cause a major shift here, besides it would give some of us 2 golf titles to play.

• erwildcat likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#105 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:19 PM

anything being said about the players being able to set their own wind and other settings

with the new version?

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#106 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:21 PM

Let's hope the game is better than the last two efforts. I've given TGC2 good long play but it just doesn't draw me in like PG has (as a solo player). How people can say that PG looks dated in comparison to TGC baffles me.
I hope PP and Trackman can get their act together.

I best I can offer as to why I think JNPG looks dated in comparison to TGC 2 is the rough and the golfer appearance and animation.  The blocky, pixelated rough in JNPG looks like underlayment for pile carpeting.  It distracts from the otherwise better than average textures used for fairways, tees, greens, and first cuts.  I also find Harry to be a bit of a throwback in terms of visual quality and animation.  I'd love to see an updated Perfect Golf using Turf Effects 3-D rough, a high-res, mo-capped golfer, in a full DirectX 12 graphics environment.  I think it would be hard to beat.

TGC 2 draws me in because the swing mechanic has just enough of another component (tempo) to appeal to my senses just enough to add a layer of challenge that keeps it compelling.  The tempo could be better implemented, as it's a bit simplistic in its backswing speed equals downswing speed for perfect tempo, but it's still considerably better than the mind-numbingly easy flick/flick swing the first TGC had.  I think they're going to build on the tempo and make it more fluid in TGC 2019. 

I do find that in JNPG, it's easier to execute a partial normal shot.  I can hit a 90% iron with a reasonable degree of control in JNPG, although I have to cut the backswing distance a bit shorter than my senses tell me to be able to do so.  Seeing this just makes me wonder how much better PG 2 could be in the swing interface with a more intricately animated, mo-capped golfer.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#107 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:23 PM

i wonder if they realize how many new members they would get if they would come out with 3C?

it would cause a major shift here, besides it would give some of us 2 golf titles to play.

This was brought up a couple of months ago and one of the devs mentioned that it wouldn't be part of TGC 2019, but it will be on the table for the next iteration, whenever that would be. 

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#108 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:23 PM

anything being said about the players being able to set their own wind and other settings

with the new version?

I haven't read anything definitive on this yet.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#109 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:29 PM

This was brought up a couple of months ago and one of the devs mentioned that it wouldn't be part of TGC 2019, but it will be on the table for the next iteration, whenever that would be. 

thought i read over there someplace they might try and work it into 2019 at some point but not in the release 

Klipsch Sound System

#110 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:20 PM

" The PGA TOUR and HB Studios will continue to support the golf videogame community into the future by adding authentic tournament courses and ensuring the best possible play experience for fans of the sport."

Until TGC4...  :)

• KenR likes this

#111 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:31 PM

Good news on the 'career' aspect and the tie-in with the PGA Tour.

Just curious how they will replicate a career mode at the outset with only 6 licensed courses. I guess it will be like the old PGA Tour games with the included courses being used multiple times, unless HB Studios allow players to manually edit the career mode and set user created courses as venues on the calendar.

I mean, you wouldn't want to play The Masters at TPC Summerlin, do you, lol?

#112 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:32 PM

Good news on the 'career' aspect and the tie-n with the PGA Tour.

Just curious how they will replicate a career mode at the outset with only 6 licensed courses. I guess it will be like the old PGA Tour games with the included courses being used multiple times, unless HB Studios allow players to manually edit the career mode and set user created courses as venues on the calendar.

I mean, you wouldn't want to play the Masters at TPC Summerlin, do you, lol?

Being talked about over there - Community courses will be a part of the mix it sounds like (at least for now while the official roster fills out over time)

So exciting to see actual development and progress in the PC golf space, not to mention on consoles too!

• MERACE and ✠ davef ✠ like this

#113 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:42 PM

Here's the YT video.....

#114 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:46 PM

Career with PGA tour is great, but will they make the field scale with performance?  I rarely play TGC 2 but i know i could go in and shoot pretty low without much practice using tour clubs, and the more time i spend the lower i will go.  There has to be a challenge to the career mode or its pointless,  TGC 2 career was pathetic.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#115 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:22 PM

Does anyone know how 'detailed' the new licensed venues will be?

LIDAR, 3D Drone Scan, Google Maps and reference photos etc.

Just hope they sort out the comical bunker appearance from TGC and TGC2 now that fully licensed courses are to be part of the game. Might also need a pot bunker option too.

#116 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:23 AM

Does anyone know how 'detailed' the new licensed venues will be?

LIDAR, 3D Drone Scan, Google Maps and reference photos etc.

Just hope they sort out the comical bunker appearance from TGC and TGC2 now that fully licensed courses are to be part of the game. Might also need a pot bunker option too.

Here's something that Alan Bunker posted today, which sort of speaks to your question:

"We're trying to replicate accurate topo data, clubhouses, signage, tree placement along each hole, tournament seating, etc. And remember these are being built for the very first time by HB, so it's a huge undertaking. Which is why there are six being called out for launch - importing and tidying up topo data and building and placing all these unique assets takes considerable time. Once they're done, though, they will only need minor tweaks in the future so we'll be able to focus our time on new courses."

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#117 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:33 AM

Career with PGA tour is great, but will they make the field scale with performance?  I rarely play TGC 2 but i know i could go in and shoot pretty low without much practice using tour clubs, and the more time i spend the lower i will go.  There has to be a challenge to the career mode or its pointless,  TGC 2 career was pathetic.

So far it sounds like it's going to be a pretty empty and unrelatable PGA TOUR field.  They're going to be fictitious names.  You can apparently change or customize the names, but if you don't know what PGA TOUR player a particular fictitious PGA TOUR player is based on, it's going to be off the mark to go in and just randomly change their names to real PGA TOUR players.  If someone can unlock the formula for how these fictitious players are related to the PGA TOUR player after which they're modeled, then you could go in and modify the names to make those you're playing against match.  

Since TGC 2019 players won't be playing head-to-head (as in having their avatar play a round with you, stroke-by-stroke) against the AI PGA TOUR players, are we playing against AI who are actually playing the course out, hole-by-hole based upon their attributes, or are we just playing against a spreadsheet that's going to cook numbers that fit a formula?  The first two TGC games fit the ladder, in my estimation.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#118 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:54 AM

So far it sounds like it's going to be a pretty empty and unrelatable PGA TOUR field.  They're going to be fictitious names.  You can apparently change or customize the names, but if you don't know what PGA TOUR player a particular fictitious PGA TOUR player is based on, it's going to be off the mark to go in and just randomly change their names to real PGA TOUR players.  If someone can unlock the formula for how these fictitious players are related to the PGA TOUR player after which they're modeled, then you could go in and modify the names to make those you're playing against match.  

Since TGC 2019 players won't be playing head-to-head (as in having their avatar play a round with you, stroke-by-stroke) against the AI PGA TOUR players, are we playing against AI who are actually playing the course out, hole-by-hole based upon their attributes, or are we just playing against a spreadsheet that's going to cook numbers that fit a formula?  The first two TGC games fit the ladder, in my estimation.

I'm hoping that we will not only be able to edit the player's names but also their attributes to mimic the real PGA players similar to what was available in PGA Championship Golf 2000.

Fingers crossed.  ;)

-MERACE

#119 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:12 AM

I'm hoping that we will not only be able to edit the player's names but also their attributes to mimic the real PGA players similar to what was available in PGA Championship Golf 2000.

Fingers crossed.  ;)

-MERACE

I hope they can build in some type of "roster" functionality that might be able to be somewhat easily imported/exported and shared (even if it's not shared directly on their own website).  A place like Operation Sports forums has fulfilled that roster sharing role for various other sports games over the years 

#120 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:04 AM

I'm interested in a career mode, i was with TGC 2 but that was a let down.  I will wait for the reviews before jumping in,  i hate playing solo rounds without any incentive i barely play PG anymore, just want a really good career mode, don't care what game.  When i think about it i  have to say that my time playing Tiger 10 with a great bunch of guys on the xbox 360, with a career mode to fall back on outside of MP has yet to be surpassed in terms of golf game enjoyment for me.  We had great battles at the hardest difficulty with no grids, and the fact i have not found that enjoyment since says a lot about the state of computer golf these days, such a wasted genre.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users